Career Officer
So yeah its been awile now and it be nice to get my plasmathrower since ive been waiting er.. lost track but ill go with at leased 3-4 weeks now? When is it getting put back on the rep system? And to add to this like the title states.. eta on getting the visuals fixed on the fed and also kdf varients of the adapted "striker" set?

Iam sure there are other bigger fish to fry but still... dstahl keeps mentioning how proud that he has the bigger dev team now one would think you would or.. let me rephrase this, we would see a improvement in getting things fixed up around here.

Visual issues "fed side" that I know of that need to be fixed..

- striker boots have a any color "glow" selection (this needs to be linked up with the other pieces of armor.
- male and female adapted set visuals "default" are different. Female version uses the adapted "striker" chest while the male wears the default mark xii visual.
- striker helmet is missing the default adapted helmet skin "shiney blue"
- cant set the belt "glow" color at all from the selected colors

Again Im sure there is pressing other matters to attend to but it be nice to get these fixed "soon(tm)".

Feedback pls brandon -even if its to notify the devs to look at it if it hasnt yet-
Like my Fan Page Here
xXLocutusXx

Last edited by xlocutusofborgx; 01-18-2013 at 07:37 PM.
Captain
# 2
01-17-2013, 01:55 AM
Many a sad story about s. 7.

Personally I did romulan reputation on all my characters for the flamethrower and entourage exclusively.

Turns out entourage is a consumable, plus it requires GPL, not even once, and the flamethrower is gone. Terrific...

And it's funny too because you know what I'd pay anything for a permanent pet and exactly nothing for a consumable.

I also loved the winter tribble effects only to see them remove those not to mention the romulan quest items you can't delete, recycle or sell, just lke I can't wear the honorguard helmet any longer on my orion.

Far overshadowing everything though is how s. 7 was marketed as a favour to the community, giving people the ground sets. "You will save time" etc.
So seeing those being bugged, and in various ways at that, I think it's quite critical since it invalidates the whole reasoning behind removing the old stf.

I went from not having any kind of problems with getting ground gear to being completly blocked. 1200 hours of gaming, 2 billion zen can't help me now.

The supposedly 60 days or whatever they calculated are long over due now if you include the time it took to unlock permission to buy the sets and the clock is just continuing to tick.
I could have completed ground on another 3 characters by now.

Currently 2/3s of my characters are waiting on them to fix the optional bug. In this here scenario I am locked out from putting in work and not saving time but wasting it sitting around idle.
They all have all the sets and all the optionals but thanks to the reputation system no optional visual unlocks.

The only thing I heard from them about it so far is "we can't reproduce it".
One guy said they just got back from vacation so patience, another guy says he submitted the bug long ago so I don't know.
Since the people going hybrid (stf completion partially pre s.7, part post s. 7) are so few it's probably just low priority - would be quite tragic if they are indeed working hard on it but the fix isn't forthcoming, so s. 7 not just ends up wasting people's time but in fact blocking people from completing ground entirely.

I guess the best we can hope for is that it is fixable - at all - and they will evetually get around to it.
Empire Veteran
# 3
01-17-2013, 03:05 AM
What about going on tribble, make a couple of tests with the weapon, and providing feedback on the forums like i did? It'll be released quicker with more people reviewing the weapon. I know it's not our job but if you have half an hour free and if you want that weapon badly you can always lend a hand.

Walls of text won't help the dev team, issues you will find will.
Captain
# 4
01-17-2013, 03:41 AM
Because they said it was bugged ? I didn't know when they launched the rep system they would remove it.

Since they did do that I am assuming they know what's wrong with it ?

And I certainly don't expect developers to read any of my posts, they aren't the intended audience.
I think it would be arrogant to assume they care about what I say...

And so I also wouldn't presume to know the bugs on the flamethrower better than they do.

Mainly since I am waiting and not playing I hook up some group therapy is all.

If I could help in even the slightest way, and especially with the bugs that are the biggest concern to me personally, I'd love to do so.

However it should be up to developers to express what they need tested and what not, it's unfair to expect I can guess both what they are working on and how they want testing done.
Commander
Devs. How much longer do we have to wait until the flame thrower is returned to Romulan tier 5???? Perhaps Mr Branflakes himself could answer that please.
The Flamethrower is in demand,and it has been gone far too long now.
Captain
# 6
01-17-2013, 07:17 AM
Them saying that they can't duplicate the issue is a lame excuse for they didn't really look into testing themselves to duplicate the problem and would sooner not care about your issue till further time they seem fit to actually look into it.
Captain
# 7
01-17-2013, 08:18 AM
I'd say "when it's done" IMO. And I think, they won't give an ETA, because if they are late, people will start whining.
Starfleet Veteran
# 8
01-17-2013, 12:04 PM
whine..whine..and more whine...where's my flamethrower to burn those darn tribbles out of existence
Career Officer
# 9
01-17-2013, 10:08 PM
So out of my own spare time.. I did this up for you devs.. hope this helps get it fixed abit sooner

Hope we all can agree thats the just of fixed we would like for the maco set.
Like my Fan Page Here
xXLocutusXx
Career Officer
# 10
01-21-2013, 02:39 PM
How dev/mod feedback can be so long to get on these forums..
Like my Fan Page Here
xXLocutusXx