Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Fleetyards
Login

Empire Veteran
# 21
02-01-2013, 10:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
I can not say if they are even though I bought them myself. I always felt that for a unique weapon they should hit harder than DHCs, which I do not feel they do.

On that note I feel the Disruptor Autocannons should hit even harder than Quads.
The quad cannons are good enough for PvE stuff if you have no other purple gear to use with it. Basically a harder hitting Disruptor Dual Cannons.

And we oughta meet up together in game sometime Roach. The Disruptor Autocannon DOES hit harder than the Quads when I use my KDF tac in that bad boy. The power of 5 Disruptor consoles, tac buffs, CRF 1, Omega 1, and the Autocannon all at once is pretty damn wicked.

Captain
# 22
02-02-2013, 02:03 AM
"Ripoff" is a loaded term, the Bort fits a specific playing style, if it isn't your playing style, it's a ripoff, if it is, it's...still very expensive.

But then again, a stretch limo is very expensive, so is a Monster Truck. It fills a need for some players, so in that sense, it's not a rip-off.

As Mr. Zevon's Hockey song tells us, "there's always room on the team for a goon". The Bort's a Goon, through and through-slow, clumsy, but hits like a mack truck when it can get the shot to line up, and hard to put down without a lot of effort.
"when you're out of Birds of Prey, you're out of ships."
Survivor of Romulus
# 23
02-02-2013, 03:33 AM
OK, here we go again.. I agree with the post above me.

I wouldn't be suprised if they rain on me again for saying so, but the Bortasqu' for me is the best damn ship in game. Veeery far away from a rip-off, millions of light years away
It just takes time and effort to get used to it and like the post above says - it caters for a specific style of play. I personally love the Bortasqu', but I always loved big, slow, supertanky cruisers. It's a mean killing machine that can outlive anything. Sometimes the amounts of beating it can take are silly.
You compared it with the Oddy., but the Oddy is more defensive oriented. I still find that Bortasqu' can outlive the Oddy. because of raw firepower. And I rarely have a problem getting those DHC in line to devastate everything in front of the Bortas. Disruptor autocannon? Yes, please!
The thing is, the Bortasqu' caters for a specific crowd of players. There are people that will never find it usefull and that's ok. It also takes some time to get used to. It requires dedication and experimenting to see what works for her as a ship and you as a player. But once you solve that, you fall in love with the ship. I did. Don't intend to ever step out of it, not even if they invent 15 console ships. I could only change it if they ever make a Bortasqu' 3.0 that follows the design of it's predecessor.
Show your support for the Revamped Galaxy Class Exploration Cruiser here!
Captain
# 24
02-03-2013, 09:32 AM
Not necessarily a "rip off", but it is incongruous with other KDF cruisers. Every other Klingon cruiser is a reasonably agile thing that can shoot and fly... The Bortas is a copy of a Federation cruiser design, i.e. slow as hell. To fit with Klingon cruiser design ideaology, and to avoid player feelings of being cheated, it needs a somewhat reduced hull strength and a turn rate of 9.
Captain
# 25
02-03-2013, 09:51 AM
Then it would just be another kdf cruiser at least the set up it offers now offers something different to anything we have
----=====This is my opinion you don't have to listen and no one else has to read them these "OPINIONS" are based on my exploits and my learning other people will have their opinions and that's fine just don't knock my way of doing things thanks=====----
Captain
# 26
02-03-2013, 06:30 PM
I was just fustrated after a bad group I was in and took it on the ship as i said being to harsh.

I am getting into more bad groups maybe because they haven't done normals yet.
Age StarTrek-Gamers Administrator
USS WARRIOR NCC 1720 Commanding Officer
Star Trek Gamers
Captain
# 27
02-03-2013, 07:04 PM
I won't be getting one anytime soon. Since I already have a Negh'Var, Breen ship, and the Kamarag ships now. With the chance for a future K'vort and a chance at the Jem'Hadar ship. I will have my KDF fill of ships for now.
Captain
# 28
02-04-2013, 01:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by age03 View Post
I was just fustrated after a bad group I was in and took it on the ship as i said being to harsh.

I am getting into more bad groups maybe because they haven't done normals yet.
Nothing worse

I actually fell into a pug the other day that nearly failed Kase I had to go to probe duty it was 9 out of 10 probes through

Some people really need to do normals before jumping into the deep end
----=====This is my opinion you don't have to listen and no one else has to read them these "OPINIONS" are based on my exploits and my learning other people will have their opinions and that's fine just don't knock my way of doing things thanks=====----
Empire Veteran
# 29
02-04-2013, 10:52 AM
They are a rip off to me.
They are not designed well enough for me.
But that may be my fault. I just don't get it.
If canons are considered a feature for a ship, but the ship can't use effectively, it is a problem.
The pet is a problem. Dies faster than the voq bop's and has a lower respawn. Plus you can't control. (Doesn't matter with oddy because you can use your other pet).
Console Canon is a problem because it isn't as useful as you would think. If you can get a ship in front of you he is dead anyways.

My idea: allow it to have a hanger pet like the voq but only allow bop's. get rid of console canon and just allow it a better turn rate.
But in all honesty cryptic would just respond with "it wasn't our intention with the ship" and they would be correct.
IMHO, fleet torkang (?) is a better capital ship and fleet corsair is better all around.
And both are cheaper.

But again, that is my opinion.
Lt. Commander
# 30
02-04-2013, 12:23 PM
Sensor Analysis + DHCs is just dire.

My Layout is:
Comm. Eng. EPTW1, Aux2Damp, EPTS3, Aux2SIFIII
Lt. Com. Tac.: TT1, CRF1, ATP-O1
Lt. Tac.: TT1, CRF1
Lt. Sci.: He, TBR1
Ens. Sci: TSS1