Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Captain
# 21
01-17-2013, 04:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer View Post
The flaw's an engine flaw, no? Same problem applies to other mines, Breen Clusters, Plasma DoTs, and other stuff too - no?
It's partly an engine flaw (pouring one out for FAW right now) but it's also just that trics don't have a well-designed interaction with Patterns. The amount of base damage that's spread out with a DPB3 is just far too high, and it's that interaction that really needs attention. (From what I understand, the same is true of the Ferengi mines).

vids and guides and stuff

[9:52] [Zone #11] Neal@trapper1532: im a omega force shadow oprative and a maoc elite camander and here i am taking water samples
Captain
# 22
01-17-2013, 04:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by naz4 View Post
In conjunction cryptic should eek up the pve difficulty levels slowly over time forcing the rest of the sto community to truly learn how to pilot the ship thus reducing the skill gap between pve and PvP.
It's still a casual game. I doubt they're going to touch that major chunk of the playerbase. How many players touch the difficulty and adjust that though?

Normal, Advanced, Elite

Outside of ESTFs, most folks are likely just playing the game on Normal. Certain things are treated as "Advanced" and "Elite" by default.

With STFs, it might be a case of wanting to change ESTFs to ASTFs and adding ESTFs as more difficult than current ESTFs.

Something they might even look at it is gear adjusted levels/rewards, eh?

If you're in regular ol' just dinged 50, maybe did some replays - then you're looking at the standard Normal. If you're sporting some decent medium gear, then you'd actually get reduced rewards for doing Normal - because you should be doing Advanced. If you're sporting high end gear, then you're seriously looking at reduced rewards for Normal and reduced rewards for Advanced - you should be doing Elite. This doesn't remove the option for players to do Normal and Advanced, playing more casually, but it would reflect the reduced difficulty of doing such content in how rewards are distributed.

Basically a guy in full Mk XII shouldn't expect the same rewards as the guy doing it in Mk IX/X gear...

...heck, they could even treat that from the other side - folks undergearing for a level of difficulty should be able to expect better rewards.

Lots of folks complain about how easy PvE tends to be - while being massively overgeared for those encounters. I'm surprised I haven't seen more of a minimalist movement - what's the minimum gear folks are able to run certain things - what tier ships - what tier gear, etc, etc, etc. Heh, I know an Oberth can only take you so far before it becomes instapop and you'd actually be better off flying a shuttle...lol.

And face it, there's a large "efficiency" crowd out there - that want to zip-zoom through stuff with 5 overgeared tacscorts to wham, bam, thank you ma'am it as fast as possible to farm/grind... look at all the complaints about OP/broken stuff getting fixed. There are some of us that want more difficult PvE...but there's a Hell of a lot of folks out there that want to push the spacebar once and get their shiny reward.
Willard the Rat, Reman, F.T'varo - Rave, J.Trill, Kar'Fi - Mysk, Gorn, Varanus
Maal, Klingon, Mogh - Vegar, Orion, Marauder
Nivuh, Ferasan, B'rel - Venit, Lethaen, M.Qin - Kopor, Nausicaan, Guramba
Commander
# 23
01-17-2013, 04:33 AM
I'm looking forward to seeing how some of these things work out. I'm also optimistic about maintenance being moved for the possibility that they might be fixing something rather than simply pushing a problem through (purely speculation).

The effect on set powers will be interesting to see. I do hope they are working out a way to allow Tric splash damage to harm the user if they get too close at detonation.

I am curious about the change to elite fleet shields. If originally the proc stacked to 5 with let's say 10% resistance per stack that means 50% resistance just from being shot. Now the fix doubles the number of proc stacks but reduces the resistance per stack. So if they only halved the resistance to 5% then you still reach 50% resistance it just takes an extra second or so. My question is, when they doubled one thing and reduced another did they do it in such a way that actually fixes the high, easy resist rate? If not then it doesn't help PvP one bit and might actually hurt PvE since there enemies have fewer weapons and lower firing rates.

Again, I don't have a clue. Just trying to understand the impact this will have.
# 24
01-17-2013, 04:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevehale View Post
I'm looking forward to seeing how some of these things work out. I'm also optimistic about maintenance being moved for the possibility that they might be fixing something rather than simply pushing a problem through (purely speculation).

The effect on set powers will be interesting to see. I do hope they are working out a way to allow Tric splash damage to harm the user if they get too close at detonation.

I am curious about the change to elite fleet shields. If originally the proc stacked to 5 with let's say 10% resistance per stack that means 50% resistance just from being shot. Now the fix doubles the number of proc stacks but reduces the resistance per stack. So if they only halved the resistance to 5% then you still reach 50% resistance it just takes an extra second or so. My question is, when they doubled one thing and reduced another did they do it in such a way that actually fixes the high, easy resist rate? If not then it doesn't help PvP one bit and might actually hurt PvE since there enemies have fewer weapons and lower firing rates.

Again, I don't have a clue. Just trying to understand the impact this will have.
Someone mentioned 10 stacks of 2% I think - please correct if you know best
aka NazHuggyBear2

"No, there is no real problem with P2W in STO. Obviously, if you fight against someone with an equal level of skill in the game, better equipment will give you an edge. But usually, it is the skill level that determines the outcome, not the P2W." - Sprinkles
Captain
# 25
01-17-2013, 06:12 AM
I'm still trying to think of how to work the Omega torp in with my KDF Eng Torp guy now...

I agree that it shouldn't have triggered off of each shot, but it should still trigger for at least 1/5 and for THY/TS...
Willard the Rat, Reman, F.T'varo - Rave, J.Trill, Kar'Fi - Mysk, Gorn, Varanus
Maal, Klingon, Mogh - Vegar, Orion, Marauder
Nivuh, Ferasan, B'rel - Venit, Lethaen, M.Qin - Kopor, Nausicaan, Guramba
Captain
# 26
01-17-2013, 10:05 AM
Anyone know if the Leadership skill stacks?

I believe someone said a very long time ago that it was supposed up to 2 or 3? But, then it was broken, so....
Captain
# 27
01-21-2013, 11:03 PM
I'm rather curious if they fixed tachyon beam. Seems like they fixed minor stuff, but let the obvious bugs be. Like when you drop tachyon mines, you eat the tachyon doff debuff. That the tachyon doff does not work, and such.

Wish I had the energy to actually test something in STO again.