Lt. Commander
# 1 New PVP Maps Please
02-19-2013, 02:58 PM
Having some new space and ground pvp maps would be awesome.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-19-2013, 03:51 PM
No, Horrible idea should take at least another 3 years to make another map for pvp.
Noone.
Captain
# 3
02-19-2013, 04:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chk231 View Post
Having some new space and ground pvp maps would be awesome.
Not only are there not ever going to be new maps, but Cryptic is gradually removing existing PVP maps.
Captain
# 4
02-19-2013, 04:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by illcadia View Post
Not only are there not ever going to be new maps, but Cryptic is gradually removing existing PVP maps.
"We heard that Solar Wind causes lag and issues for some players and no one really likes it, so we went ahead and removed it so that it's now easier to get onto a map that you like! You're welcome!"
The first we heard of getting new PvP maps "soon" was in August of 2010. We're consistently told something will be coming with the "next" update. Absolutely nothing has come to PvP since launch.

I think it's finally time Cryptic stopped stringing us along, don't you?
Empire Veteran
# 5
02-19-2013, 05:16 PM
they don't remember how to/ its to hard to put a map in pvp is what i remember hearing.

but the dev tool for making pvp maps for never winter will eventually be usable for sto, so then pvp can be expanded. with never winter nearly done, that might even be this year.
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Career Officer
# 6
02-19-2013, 06:37 PM
What was the map that we USED to have? Could we have that back? I think people would play it now out of sheer desperation.
If I don't respond to posts on this forum don't be offended. I don't sub or follow any of them.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-19-2013, 10:54 PM
Eh, to be honest, the map isn't really something that's important to me, at least for space PvP. Most of the time people end up just spiraling upwards and leaving all of the pretty bits of the map behind, so the only thing that I really see is whatever background they decided to slap on the map. New maps for space PvP would be nice, but unless they include some new mechanic I'm not sure that they'd be anything special.
Captain
# 8
02-19-2013, 10:57 PM
I think we should have the option to toggle the Astrometrics grid on. Having some kind of reference point will likely curb some of the tendency to spiral into the ceiling.

But as for the maps? Meh, it's space. We could do with some ground maps that are less of a maze, though.
Empire Veteran
# 9
02-20-2013, 06:52 AM
Another map wouldn't relieve the boredom. Really, does different scenery for an arena or cap and hold change your tactics? Another objective would be better.
Captain
# 10
02-20-2013, 07:59 AM
Different scenery with different hold locations, terrain, and hazards like metreon gas (please god metreon gas everywhere)? ABSOLUTELY.