Captain
Because my powers tray is already full and I've had to get rid of a couple if things to get the useful stuff in there. Ten more level is jus more powers to jam in there!

I mean, sure, no one uses abandon ship. But the bottom of my screen is really cluttered and all them small buttons can get confusing to parse with bad eyes after a while.

"Shields! D'oh! That was Polarize Hull!"

It can happen to you...
# 2
01-14-2013, 07:51 PM
I am for it, unless it comes with a new tier of ships, then I am strongly against it.

Some players have spent thousands of dollars on ships and should not be forced to pay more money.

I will be carefully watching how they handle this.
Commander
# 3
01-14-2013, 07:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by logicalspock View Post
I am for it, unless it comes with a new tier of ships, then I am strongly against it.

Some players have spent thousands of dollars on ships and should not be forced to pay more money.

Or they could give us free ships...
Captain
# 4
01-14-2013, 08:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by logicalspock View Post

Ehn, all they need is some slightly gimped version of the VA ships for free. Any new ships will be in a Lobi or Fleet store regardless so it won't be much different than it is now.
# 5
01-14-2013, 08:06 PM
Why not just add your vertical power bar and move non-essential powers there?
Federation Bushrangers
Federation & Imperial Bushrangers
Looking for an Australian/New Zealand fleet?
www.bushrangers.net
Captain
# 6
01-14-2013, 08:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkstocbr View Post
Why not just add your vertical power bar and move non-essential powers there?
1. Where could I put it? (I already told myself the joke) The sides are cluttered as well.

2. There's a vertical power bar?!
# 7
01-14-2013, 08:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by twg042370 View Post
1. Where could I put it? (I already told myself the joke) The sides are cluttered as well.

2. There's a vertical power bar?!
If I remember correctly, go to Re-arange UI, and on the floating power bar there is a button add? or something to make the vertical one visible.

Also there is a UI revamp in progress, so that might solve a few issues (and I am sure add some back )
Federation Bushrangers
Federation & Imperial Bushrangers
Looking for an Australian/New Zealand fleet?
www.bushrangers.net
Commander
# 8
01-14-2013, 08:25 PM
open the rearrange HUD screen and click "MORE" on the big power tray box

Edit/ Jumped by an Australian Ninja
Career Officer
# 9
01-14-2013, 08:42 PM
From my standpoint it makes no sense for the player.

Almost all of the content is super easy, adding more powers/skill points will just water the difficulty down further.

In all likelihood it would also lead to whole new tiers of ships, consoles, ground equipment, etc. for Cryptic to make money off of. This doesn't really appeal to me and I would feel compelled to refit most of my characters if I continued to play.

Sounds like it's gonna happen, so I'll just hope for the best.

The one thing that did sound interesting, is the possibility of getting to crew up our old ships and sending them out on missions, like a real Admiral.
Captain
# 10
01-14-2013, 08:57 PM
There would be no problem with action bars if you could have all of them open and be able to arrange them anyway you like, as well as keybind to any of those rows. As it is you get 6 maximum of the 10 available and you are stuck with their size and orientation. and can only keybind to the first 4 rows (only 3 on the ground), it doesn't help that even though you could bind to 11 positions per row, you can only see or access 10 through the in-game options, getting at the others requires editing .txt files manually which is not for the faint of heart.
Mode 4 is less than useless on the action bar it actually reduces available action bar space rather than expands it
The Boff skillbar and ship weapons and shields controls should be able to be keybound independently, not shared with those of the action bar.
In the end it isn't a level cap that's needed, it's a revamp of the user GUI.