Captain
# 11
01-17-2013, 09:04 AM
It would be entirely appropriate to have your Chief Medical Officer/Engineer declare that you/your ship is in no condition to fight, if attempting to join a PvE queue with a large number of previous injuries. They should of course also tell how to heal them in case the player genuinely doesn't know.

It is not, however, productive to further increase the penalties that come with injuries. That would only make the problem worse.
Republic Veteran
# 12
01-17-2013, 09:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by arcademaster View Post
They should really put a roadblock in there somewhere. Just don't let any players that aren't fully healed up queue for any STF.
This was part of my idea. Make it impossible for injured players to even que for an STF until they are fully healed. It seems very reasonable to me. I just can't buy this whole "I forgot" argument. There is red and yellow splattered all over the bottom of your health bar. How can you not see that?
# 13
01-17-2013, 10:04 AM
Best thing to do is just "share" your heals....yes simple and easy. Seems hard but not really...most people in F2P are perhaps new to the game and why punish them. I have an MK XII MACO/OMEGA set for 8 toons...testimony of having had to do lots of elite STFs...and yes I had lots of heals that I "share" with those less fortunate. I assure you that most of the time it wont break your bank either
Ensign
# 14
01-17-2013, 10:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by olivia211 View Post

I really like this game, but WOW is looking more and more attractive to go back to because at least there you can kick a useless / incompetent team member.
Actually no you can't, after someone has been kicked so many times, they get an immunity to being kicked. Thus when you try to kick them it will tell you, "This player can not be kicked for another 4 hours." It will also prevent you from kicking anyone if you kick too many times in a given amount of time. So a bad player or "bot" most likely would not able to be kicked. Please stop the "wow is better because" crap..
Career Officer
# 15
01-17-2013, 10:34 AM
I strongly agree with the idea that anyone with injuries should be unable to join STFs. It would:
1. Teach the ignorant about healing.
2. Prevent other players from being unfairly disadvantaged.
3. Severely disadvantage AFKers/bots.

"Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference." - James T. Kirk
Republic Veteran
# 16
01-18-2013, 12:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trappedinwv View Post
Please stop the "wow is better because" crap..
I never said wow was better. I said having the kick feature was nice. In few very rare instances does the sort of thing you presented happen. For instance, all the time I played wow not a single time was I ever kicked so I didn't see any abuse. Also, nothing says a kick function here has to be exactly the same as WOWs. Even without the kick function, I still feel having injuries should prevent you from entering an STF until you are healed.

Another poster said something about sharing. I am all for that, but when you ask them 3-5 times if they need help in healing themselves and they ignore you, what can you do? Nothing. I have even asked people in other languages if they need help and still nothing.

I do feel the "No STFs till healed" idea is solid and it will make people think more before just randomly trying to enter the que. What better reminder than to have the que tell you no with a short message that says something along the lines of "You must heal your wounds before entering this instance." How hard can it possibly be to have something like this in game?
# 17
01-18-2013, 12:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by warpangel View Post
It would be entirely appropriate to have your Chief Medical Officer/Engineer declare that you/your ship is in no condition to fight, if attempting to join a PvE queue with a large number of previous injuries. They should of course also tell how to heal them in case the player genuinely doesn't know.
Love this idea.

Dn'Dok, son of Ladok - Klingon/Romulan Engineer ~~ Mosa M'ren-faa - Ferasan Tactical
Krushan Twinn - Orion Science
Starfleet Veteran
# 18
01-18-2013, 12:44 AM
Here is what I think about what Cryptic should do with the STFs:

1) Nobody can go into an STF with a Shuttle or a ship less than Tier 5.

2) Nobody can enter an STF with anykind of ship damage or personal injury.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachelj88 View Post
Kick Button - Bad Idea (can be abused)
AFK auto kick - Bad Idea (some players do actually have genuine issues with being D/C'd, Real Life issues, pets, work(working from home)etc.
(I do admit that some players are AFK Farmers... but not everyone should be treated as such).

To me, I think the necessity for a Kick Option weighs more than the possiblity of them being exploited.

Those who likely exploit the kick option are groups of friends or griefer fleets. Which can easily be flagged by GMs and dealt with. And with individuals, to view the report to see if the person petitioning the GM is a person who has multiple offenses (being kicked by players), or those initializing the kick has done it multiple times (even over multiple days).

Anything else like autodection could easily be avoided by griefers by simply moving or putting in a minimum amount of performance to avoid the boot. I personally witnesses this today in Fleet Red Alert and Azure Rescue. Where a person waited for a particular amount of time, and came in before the end to look like they weren't mooching. All the while needing loot they didn't earn.

BTW with the Kick option, makes me wonder if it should be per basis, or should have a cooldown like the STFs if booted, where you are locked out for an hour?
Commander
# 19
01-18-2013, 04:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azurianstar View Post
Here is what I think about what Cryptic should do with the STFs:

1) Nobody can go into an STF with a Shuttle or a ship less than Tier 5.
Going to have to stop you there and say no.

Tier 4 ships are not only viable in STFs but are for some people the only ships available as Tier 5 ships can only be brought with Zen, and locking STF content out because someone hasn't brought a Tier 5 ship would go against Cryptic's policy of not putting content behind paywalls.
Ensign
# 20
01-18-2013, 04:48 AM
Adding a simple injury animation, such as the existing but rarely-used "stumbling gait" animation for certain ground effects, would probably be enough to set off the light bulb above the player's head that they need to seek medical attention. It takes awhile for people who've made it to level 50 entirely in Normal difficulty to get in the habit of checking for injuries. They need a better visual prompt than a tiny ambiguous icon under their portrait.