Career Officer
Hi,

when Season 6 was released, Defera became a place to grind fleetmarks, now in Season 7 it isn't. Instead of one reward - one that you actually need - you get 3 different rewards: Gear - that you sell, since you've unlocked Tier 5 Omega-Reputation, Fleetmarks - that are usefull, but other content reward more and Omega-Marks - that you can turn in for dilithium, if you actually need Omega-Marks, you run STFs.
So, there is basically enough reward, but the rewards are spread too wide.

My idea is to create a new ground-set (maybe we should give it a name now, how do you think about "Aegis Ground"?), that you would be able to craft on Defera - with items from Defera and a few odd things:
- We've got that wonderfull Personal Mobility-Shield, why don't we get the chance to mix it with one of those plasma-resistant shields, you could craft on Defera? It would just need both shields, a few Omega-Marks, a PSG-schematic and maybe 6 of those plasma-resistance shield-charges.
- Those uncommon pulsewave-assaults from Defera could be mixed with the Anti-Proton-Carrier Power-Cell to create a pulsewave with [Dmg] [CrtD], or maybe you could even integrate the Fractal Remodulator (the whole set should have the integral frequency remodulation-bonus).
- The armor needs a little more work... We need an armor, that you could compare to those of the Omega-, MACO- or KHG-set, so you should have to mix the one from Defera with an energy-dampening armor. We could also need 6 of those Adrenal-Trigger-Hypos.

Now to the set-bonuses: I allready mentioned the integral frequency remodulation, maybe it could be possible to build in the "create holographic combatdrone", that the photonic MACO-Boff have got.
If that's not possible, we should get set-bonuses that represent the engineer (MACO/KHG - Science, Omega - Tactical), a team-buff to damage-resistance would be nice.

The set should be upgradeable and shouldn't cost too much Dilithium, since we would spend time on Defera grinding for it (and time on Defera isn't rewarded in Dilithium).

That's my wishlist, now we can speak about what is possible...

If Star Trek Online was an Open-Source (GPL) Game, we would have a low-grind fork.
Career Officer
# 2
01-15-2013, 10:13 AM
I think the issue isn't needing a new set, because people get it and never come back, but really that the rewards for any one particular resource are just too low for the organization and time spent.
The same thing goes for Nukara, once you have the set why go back? Its super easy to obtain, not useful for anything including the content you need it for. The fleet marks rewarded there are just too annoying to obtain in any efficiency. Its easier to do .. anything else.
Captain
# 3
01-15-2013, 10:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by torsten1009 View Post
So, there is basically enough reward, but the rewards are spread too wide.
This is a common problem in all of STO. If I need fleet mark, I play the thing that gives the most fleet marks. If I need dilithium, I play the thing that gives the most dilithium. There's little sense in playing content that gives rewards you don't actually need, so, 3/4 of the available missions are approximately pointless for a given player at a given point in time.

It would be nice if there was some way to translate between currency types, but, I wouldn't hold my breath one that one.
Captain
# 4
01-15-2013, 11:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by momaw View Post
This is a common problem in all of STO. If I need fleet mark, I play the thing that gives the most fleet marks. If I need dilithium, I play the thing that gives the most dilithium. There's little sense in playing content that gives rewards you don't actually need, so, 3/4 of the available missions are approximately pointless for a given player at a given point in time.

It would be nice if there was some way to translate between currency types, but, I wouldn't hold my breath one that one.
Don't worry, season 9 will include another round of currency consolidation and playerbase screwing as Omega, Romulan, Fleet and Deferi (to be added in S8) marks are combined into reward marks, at a 15-1 rate with a 300 mark hardcap.
Commander
# 5
01-17-2013, 03:06 PM
the best wat to deal with the borg on th eground is to hand to hand combat.

dilithium needs to be rewarded in every mission and fleet markd should be more common.
star fleet command should offer mission rewards of repeatable light 250 dilithium and repeatable 10 fleet marks for all missions because we work for the starfleet is the master federation fleet or the kdf is the master klinong fleet.
player fleet rewards should be highter dilithium like 900-1400 per fleet mission and 100 fleet marks.

diffra and the new romulam territroy should add both daily and decent repeatable dilithium and fleet marks mission rewards
Career Officer
# 6
01-18-2013, 12:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captiandata1 View Post
the best wat to deal with the borg on th eground is to hand to hand combat.

dilithium needs to be rewarded in every mission and fleet markd should be more common.
star fleet command should offer mission rewards of repeatable light 250 dilithium and repeatable 10 fleet marks for all missions because we work for the starfleet is the master federation fleet or the kdf is the master klinong fleet.
player fleet rewards should be highter dilithium like 900-1400 per fleet mission and 100 fleet marks.

diffra and the new romulam territroy should add both daily and decent repeatable dilithium and fleet marks mission rewards
Ok, I see letters, some of them form words (sometimes with correct spelling), but most of those words don't make sence.
This Thread has a topic: "Give us a good reason to run Defera again...", New Romulus is another thing - it hasn't got much to do with the topic.

If Star Trek Online was an Open-Source (GPL) Game, we would have a low-grind fork.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-18-2013, 12:34 AM
Quote:
And this is why everyone complains about grinding.

They give us several different ways to obtain DIL/ECs/Marks and yet people refuse to do all but 2-3 of them because of time/effort, therefor it turns into a grind of the same 2-3 things over and over again.

500 years in the future and we still look like schmucks when getting our ID photos taken...
Captain
# 8
01-18-2013, 12:50 AM
Not sure what you're complaining about.

Defera gives you fleet marks and omega marks. Granted fleet marks are useless unless you're in a fleet. But, the omega marks are good for leveling omega reputation. If you're at tier 5 you can buy gear or trade it for dilithium. Within a week of hitting tier 5 I had enough dilithium ore- from marks and bnp- that it would take two weeks to refine it all.

If you're argument is ground combat sucks and the missions are repetitive and boring that's a different thread. FWIW, I like ground combat, but I concede that the zone wide missions can be dull. They are, however, not any more dull than the Nukara zone wide missions.

In the event you absolutely can't stand ground and/or Defera it's not like there aren't other ways to get omega marks.
Captain
# 9
01-18-2013, 08:36 AM
Quote:

This +10 with but one exception.

Typically the best rewards are the ones that give several currencies at a good rate. Officer reports for Fleet Marks, Dil, and EC for example. Why when I can do a 10-15 minute foundry mission for 50 FM, 960 Dil, 300+ EC would I ever do anything else for marks? Aside from Doffing and Gorn Minefield Daily that is.

Omega Marks/Dil? ISE, KASE, CSE if you can carry it and HSE if your a masochist.

Romulan Marks? Daily Patrol (2-3 min each x5 = FAST) and bunny chasing if desperate.