Lt. Commander
# 1 Atari Collector's Pre-order
01-07-2010, 08:32 PM
Atari.com Collector's Edition pre-orders now in full, working order. Get yours while supplies last.

Link to the news article.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-07-2010, 08:47 PM
I am not worried. I pre ordered mine from GameStop.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-07-2010, 08:55 PM
Why would you order this from Atari when you can order it from anywhere else for the same price and get an additional bonus?
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-07-2010, 09:21 PM
So, um...that preorder page lists TNG uniforms as part of the collectors edition:
Quote:
Next Generation Uniform (in-game item): Uniform options from The Next Generation television series. The timeless look worn by Picard, Data and Riker.
There's even pictures of them...

Then, according to Jackalope in the pre-order Q&A:
Quote:
The TNG uniforms will be in the game at launch. The DS9 and TOS are exclusive offers.
So which one is it? Are the TNG uniforms part of the Collectors edition or are they going to be available to everyone? You might want to make sure the information given out is consistent, so that people don't pay extra for things they'd get anyway. Personally I cancelled my preorder of the collectors edition when Jackalope posted that, since that was the only part of the collectors edition I was interested in. Now if I *don't* get access to those uniforms at launch, I'm gonna be miffed.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-07-2010, 09:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunsmoke View Post
So, um...that preorder page lists TNG uniforms as part of the collectors edition:

There's even pictures of them...

Then, according to Jackalope in the pre-order Q&A:

So which one is it? Are the TNG uniforms part of the Collectors edition or are they going to be available to everyone? You might want to make sure the information given out is consistent, so that people don't pay extra for things they'd get anyway. Personally I cancelled my preorder of the collectors edition when Jackalope posted that, since that was the only part of the collectors edition I was interested in. Now if I *don't* get access to those uniforms at launch, I'm gonna be miffed.
im wondering why its in my self
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-07-2010, 10:53 PM
Come! Buy from Atari! Get no bonuses. Yay! That's what I want!
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-07-2010, 11:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Pie
Atari.com Collector's Edition pre-orders now in full, working order. Get yours while supplies last.

Link to the news article.
Umm, why would you direct people to an inferior deal? Atari doesn't offer any retailer/pre-order bonus with this Collector's Edition other than headstart and open beta access. From virtually any other retailer you will get a little something extra.

And you would think the game publisher would have corrected the issue about listing TNG uniforms as something special in the collector's edition. Devs have already stated that TNG uniforms come standard with the game.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-08-2010, 01:12 AM
께께께께께
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-08-2010, 01:32 AM
I'm still miffed that the Atari collectors edition offers some really cool things that are only available to Americans. Us Europeans are getting screwed over for some of the things offered with that offer.

At least we have the digital deluxe download version now from D2D that offers the same as the Atari digital deluxe version. Would be nice though if we also paid the same.. Right now I'm paying 8 euro (11,50 dollar) more for the exact same thing as the Atari deal when I buy it from D2D, according to the latest exchange rate. A few weeks ago this was even 9,50 euro (14,25 dollar) more when the exchange rate was even higher.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-08-2010, 01:35 AM
Well, I can't pre-order from Atari.... Im in Iraq right now due back in the states on Feb 2nd just in time for this. Order is unavailable for my "country" lol

Gamestop to the rescue!

Edit: Or not.. Gamestop does not have the Deluxe Edition on their site.. WTF?

Anyone know a retailer with the Deluxe?