Career Officer
# 1 Fleet Tokens
01-25-2013, 03:24 PM
More Restriction Options are needed. Last week, our Fleet had 30+ tokens for ship weapons. Today we've got 3. There aren't many people in our fleet who had reached the rank required to obtain these items, though there are a number of people who have, and there is no way to check. Suffice to say, someone has been helping themselves to as many of these weapons as they've been able to purchase, and it's ruined the fleet system for everyone else.

Two messages have been sent out (before last week) informing fleet members that the tokens exist, and how to use them. A person (or group of people) within our fleet have seemingly ignored that. It happened before, so we locked the permissions. We opened them again (to higher ranks) the other week, though they've all been robbed again. Subsequently, they've been locked again.

I feel that there either needs to be some limit (x3 purchases a day, per player) or there needs to be a record (like the fleet bank) which shows purchases (similar to the deposits and withdrawals). That way culprits can be found and dealt with. A warning at first, then a discharge if they continue. Whatever the result, something needs to be done about this. If projects are completing at a certain time, and a select individual goes in and rapes everything, all the work other fleet members have put into those projects is at waste. It's not fair, nor desired.

Cryptic, please address this situation.
Captain
# 2
01-25-2013, 03:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flash525 View Post
More Restriction Options are needed. Last week, our Fleet had 30+ tokens for ship weapons. Today we've got 3. There aren't many people in our fleet who had reached the rank required to obtain these items, though there are a number of people who have, and there is no way to check. Suffice to say, someone has been helping themselves to as many of these weapons as they've been able to purchase, and it's ruined the fleet system for everyone else.
30 tokens to 3? Sounds to me more like 3 or 4 people just tried to outfit their ships with fleet weapons (7-8 weapons each).
Career Officer
# 3
01-25-2013, 03:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandoknight89 View Post
30 tokens to 3? Sounds to me more like 3 or 4 people just tried to outfit their ships with fleet weapons (7-8 weapons each).
That might very well have been so, but considering two (now three) fleet wide messages were sent around asking people to not buy any more than a single item (for now) was ignored, I beg to differ.
Captain
# 4
01-25-2013, 04:54 PM
So change permissions. If people are buying you out of provisions, it's because you're allowing them to.
Career Officer
# 5
01-25-2013, 05:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stirling191 View Post
So change permissions. If people are buying you out of provisions, it's because you're allowing them to.
We've got 7 ranks (as per every fleet). The first four don't allow for fleet purchases. The first one that does requires a credit contribution of 100,000 fleet credits. It's people with that contribution and above that have been selfish.

The next rank up is 250,000, and the final one is restricted to fleet founders. Even if every member manages 250,000, there is still nothing to stop them from then raiding the fleet tokens. There needs to be a limit.
Starfleet Veteran
# 6
01-25-2013, 05:17 PM
This all boils down to fleet politics, and Cryptic has said many times in the past that they will not involve themselves in fleet politics.

Cryptic can't be 'fleet police'. You'll just have to find a way to deal with this within your fleet.
Fleet Admiral Joseph D. Ridgeway
The Armada
www.thebikinibottomarmada.com
Original join date: Feb 5, 2010
Twitter: @davejl_99, & @STO_BBArmada
Starfleet Veteran
# 7
01-25-2013, 05:17 PM
I like the idea of a record (like the fleet bank) which shows purchases (similar to the deposits and withdrawals).
Bone1970 & Bone trader don't believe in a no-win senario, Kirk's protege. Fed Tac's. BNE Fed Sci.
Bag of Bones & Bone Ugly don't believe in a no-win senario, Kirk's protege. Rom/Fed Tac. Bone & Bone2 don't believe in a no-win senario, Kirk's protege. KDF Eng's.
Warning: Not a native English-speaker, sorry if my English sucks.
Career Officer
# 8
01-25-2013, 05:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by josephdridgeway View Post
You'll just have to find a way to deal with this within your fleet.
Short of turning fleets into a democracy, I see no alternative.