Career Officer
# 1 Returning Player, Need Update
01-14-2013, 07:41 PM
Hi. I'm a lifer of 921 days (but I preordered the game and have been in since beta). I took a few months off from the game as of October and I have returned because of my loyalty to the Star Trek universe.

When I did my patching, I noticed the prices in the C Store have increased. There are also VERY few new items and/or bundles. When did the price change and why?

What is the reputation system, and do I need to care about it? This is in context of DL, Fleet Marks/Events, and the like. Grinding BLOWS.

What was the limited item of the last episode, and will it be as useful as my Lightsaber Bat'leth?

Have there been any reruns since I've been gone?

Being that I am a fleet ambassador, has anything chaned fleetwise that I should pay attention to (excluding the fleet base crap no one cares about already)?

Is there anything else that I need to know about?

Did they ever fix the elite STFs, and has anything changed with endgame gear and/or crafting?

And anything else would be appreciated.

Thanx,
Daqhegh
Commander
# 2
01-14-2013, 07:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daqhegh View Post
Hi. I'm a lifer of 921 days (but I preordered the game and have been in since beta). I took a few months off from the game as of October and I have returned because of my loyalty to the Star Trek universe.

When I did my patching, I noticed the prices in the C Store have increased. There are also VERY few new items and/or bundles. When did the price change and why?

What is the reputation system, and do I need to care about it? This is in context of DL, Fleet Marks/Events, and the like. Grinding BLOWS.

What was the limited item of the last episode, and will it be as useful as my Lightsaber Bat'leth?

Have there been any reruns since I've been gone?

Being that I am a fleet ambassador, has anything chaned fleetwise that I should pay attention to (excluding the fleet base crap no one cares about already)?

Is there anything else that I need to know about?

Did they ever fix the elite STFs, and has anything changed with endgame gear and/or crafting?

And anything else would be appreciated.

Thanx,
Daqhegh
The prices changed when we converted over to Zen as Zen has a $1:100 Zen ratio rather than the $1:80 C-Points ratio we had before, the actual cash value of things in the store hasn't changed but all prices went up 25% to compensate for the change.

You've just missed a rerun period, literally just ended today.

If you're talking about the STF reward system then it's been replaced with the Reputation system. The Reputation system or the Fleet Base system are currently the only way of getting top tier weapons. All the Reputation systems as well as the Fleet System take marks and other goods.

Fleet Marks are earned by doing Fleet Actions or from the Investigate Officer Reports Mission.

Romulan Marks are earned by doing the Romulan Fleet Actions or through missions in the Tau Dewa Sector Block and on New Romulus.

Omega Marks are earned through STFs and Defera missions.

If you're not interested in the top tier loots then the reputation system is also a good form of Dilithium, 50 Omega or Romulan Marks gets 500 Dilithium and 5 Borg Neural Processors (from Elite STFs) gets you 1000 Dilithium.

Oh and the limited item of the last FE was the Shard of Possibilities, it basically boils down to a summon security officers item that summons 2 clones of your character carrying phaser rifles.

Oh, also the Anti-Borg space weaponry can't be got anymore as they pulled it due to it not working correctly.
Career Officer
# 3
01-14-2013, 08:26 PM
Thanx for the info. I actually have the Shard -- I thought there was a new Romulan episode. I guess the new "content" was more like adding new things to grind.

And do you mean my OLD Borg gear is officially useless? And is the gear dealer in DS9 gone now?

Geez, I'm going to be doing a lot of running around when my patch finishes. It's taking a while, too and I have a decent connection.

Well...I was really hoping for an improvement *somewhere* ingame. Guess I got it wrong.
Commander
# 4
01-14-2013, 08:51 PM
Quote:
Thanx for the info. I actually have the Shard -- I thought there was a new Romulan episode. I guess the new "content" was more like adding new things to grind.

And do you mean my OLD Borg gear is officially useless? And is the gear dealer in DS9 gone now?

Geez, I'm going to be doing a lot of running around when my patch finishes. It's taking a while, too and I have a decent connection.

Well...I was really hoping for an improvement *somewhere* ingame. Guess I got it wrong.
No, the old Borg gear is the same if you already had it and you can still get ground borg gear as well as the MACO, Omega, Honor Guard and Assimilated Borg Tech for your ship as well as a new Borg Set.

The Assimilated Borg Set has been split with the Engine, Deflector and Shield giving the same set bonuses as all four did previously, the Assimilated Console has been put into a new set with the new Borg Cutting Beam (360 degree kinetic Beam that does bonus damage when used with the Borg Tractor Beam) and a Borg Torpedo Launcher.

The MACO and Honor Guard sets have also been shared at the top rank with the Adapted MACO set and the Adapted Honor Guard set.

As for the Romulan Reputation, as well as the equipment you can gain from ranking it up (Romulan and Reman Space and Ground sets as well as Plasma weapons) you also unlock a new mission and a little bit of story with each rank.

They've also added another STF (Space and Ground) called The Hive where you go against the Borg Queen at Unimatrix 001 if you're looking for quick content.

Last edited by bluedarky; 01-14-2013 at 08:54 PM.
Commander
# 5
01-16-2013, 11:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedarky View Post

Oh, also the Anti-Borg space weaponry can't be got anymore as they pulled it due to it not working correctly.

The old anti-borg ship weapons were not working correctly? Was this mentioned in any release notes? I still have old weapons on my ship.

I took a break from the game in late September and came back when season 7 opened.
Joined STO in September 2010.
Career Officer
# 6
01-16-2013, 12:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedarky View Post
No, the old Borg gear is the same if you already had it and you can still get ground borg gear as well as the MACO, Omega, Honor Guard and Assimilated Borg Tech for your ship as well as a new Borg Set.
If the OP has been gone since October of last year, then he doesn't have any of the MACO or omega gear. Those were introduced with Free-to-play transition where the STFs were revamped (January this year).

Free-to-play is probably the major change for the OP. He probably still has to go through the emblem conversion to dilithium.
# 7
01-16-2013, 03:01 PM
Quote:
There are plenty of missions to do on New Romulus and you get one per reputation tier that form a story, but no new episodes or featured items.

Quote:
Originally Posted by latinumbar View Post
If the OP has been gone since October of last year, then he doesn't have any of the MACO or omega gear. Those were introduced with Free-to-play transition where the STFs were revamped (January this year).

Free-to-play is probably the major change for the OP. He probably still has to go through the emblem conversion to dilithium.
We're in 2013 now, buddy. Might want to slingshot around a star to catch up with the rest of us.
Captain
# 8
01-16-2013, 03:22 PM
Romulan Reputation also unlocks new cutscenes and short missions at each tier.
Please fix the Foundry lag!
Career Officer
# 9
01-16-2013, 10:49 PM
When I said OCT, I meant OCT 2012. I have all the limited items since then (and crafted the ones from the winter even I missed).

I missed the conversion to the Romulan/Omega reputation system. I'm still not entirely sure how it works. The New Romulus planet looks like it came out of TOR, and the Eppoh daily is just another grind for nothing special. The rest of the missions on the planet are (basically) doing the same thing 5 times for the same reward. It feels like a much prettier Defera, only rather than being gated it's limited to dailies.

And then there's the whole "playable Romulan" thing...it's been going around since the beginning. I haven't played KDF in a long time, but I'm betting it STILL isn't finished (save for the textures, terrain details and other pretty shinies). Season 7 heavily implied a new faction, or at least a new episode.

I als doubt the server has been upgraded. I just upgraded my internet and a friend of mine bought an $1800 gaming rig and we both had red "server not responding" banners.

Another thing I've noticed is that my in-game counter says I'm at 700 days, my account counter says I'm at 922 days, and my rewards are maxed out. I just got my Chimera. Well, I looked back a bit and found out that all lifers have instant access to all rewards. That's quite an insult to those of us who actually had to wait. Are they desperate for subs, or are they trying to piss off the old guys 9like me and my friend)?

Lastly, the embassy lobby looks almost exactly like a building in TOR (which I will not name, but I will say it is the second planet for the new republic player). This is really starting to bother me. I get that they have to compete and whatnot, but does PWE have to rip them off? And this is Star TREK, not star WARS. They are 2 very different universes. The two should not go out of their way to resemble eachother. I get that it's in space and all that...but come on. Even the damn map of New Romulus looks like TOR maps. STO has its own map design. why change it? A few upgrades may have been in order, but completely ripping another game was not the way to do it.

Well, I guess all I can say is I expected much more. Maybe that was my mistake.
Career Officer
# 10
01-17-2013, 03:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lancemeszaros View Post
We're in 2013 now, buddy. Might want to slingshot around a star to catch up with the rest of us.
Whoops! Derp!

Quote:
I missed the conversion to the Romulan/Omega reputation system. I'm still not entirely sure how it works.
Everyone started at 0 for the romulan rep system. You may have received a conversion box with the Omega rep system. Bascially, all your old borg salvage, EDCs, prototype salvage, etc were converted into Omega marks, BNPs, and some dilithium. These were all placed into a box which should have been put into your inventory.