Rihannsu
# 21
01-20-2013, 03:53 AM
I think we do have to accept that the people who make the foundry work on neverwinter. that is their team of designers and their task is to build that game. STO really got the foundry as a testbed for NW and until that game is finished, and they can then hopefully split their workload a little more evenly, the foundry for STO is going to suffer. They are not going to slow down work on NW or our teams major season updates just to add a few trinkits to the foundry. the foundry is just not as widely used as official content and its just a reality we have to live with, at least for the time being.

I suspect the problems with the tholians come down to their unique animations. their animations might not work right on normal contacts and thus they have to get that sorted first. so instead of waiting until it can be completed correctly, they decided to get in what they could, or its simply a more complicated process and the person in question needs to find some extra time to finish the job, which if thats the case, then im fine with it. I would rather have something over nothing any day even if its not 100% complete. The option is there but I do agree there is a lack of communication on the matter. Just be clear with us.

Foundry authors do put a lot into the game, and cryptic certainly benefit from it. I dont think its unreasonable to get a little more communication than we do simply so we know where we stand.

But in terms of testing, yes, I spotted this on tribble the moment it went on, and reported it. that does not mean it will get added straight away just because I spotted it. in fact im sure they knew it was a problem before any of us did. it just goes back to letting us know what the situation is so we dont have to bother writing bug reports and making posts about something they already know about.

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Rihannsu
# 22
01-22-2013, 08:05 PM
While it won't address the issue of face-to-face interaction, has anyone tried using the "import costume" feature on a player-owned Orb Weaver or Recluse? I've heard reports that people have been able to use a wide variety of ships as contact costumes through this method, but since I don't own any Tholian ships I can't test it on those specific vessels.
Captain
# 23
01-22-2013, 08:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashtaku View Post
While it won't address the issue of face-to-face interaction, has anyone tried using the "import costume" feature on a player-owned Orb Weaver or Recluse? I've heard reports that people have been able to use a wide variety of ships as contact costumes through this method, but since I don't own any Tholian ships I can't test it on those specific vessels.
I tried it on a Breen Chel Grett, but the game crashed.

And don't forget, we can't use ships as dialogue costumes any more.
Please fix the Foundry lag!
Survivor of Romulus
# 24
01-22-2013, 08:58 PM
Works with the Chimera.
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
"I would rather take a chance on getting a change made to the game through positive engagement than know for sure that I got a change made by complaining" -drogyn1701, May 14, 2014.
Captain
# 25
01-22-2013, 09:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drogyn1701 View Post
Works with the Chimera.
Really? Hmm...

I tried it with an Armitage Carrier, but when I imported it the costume just came up as a black and white Akira.
Survivor of Romulus
# 26
01-22-2013, 09:07 PM
The Exeter Constitution variant does not work, just comes up as a bog-standard Connie. It also crashed STO when I tried to change the hull.
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
"I would rather take a chance on getting a change made to the game through positive engagement than know for sure that I got a change made by complaining" -drogyn1701, May 14, 2014.
Survivor of Romulus
# 27
01-23-2013, 10:04 AM
Yellowstone also does not work. So unfortunately I'm out of ships that don't appear in the Foundry.

So if anyone has a Tholian ship or Vesta or some of the other variants, give them a try please and report in!
Rihannsu
# 28
01-23-2013, 03:29 PM
how do you import ship costumes? when I try it it only gives me a list of ground costumes.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Captain
# 29
01-23-2013, 04:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
how do you import ship costumes? when I try it it only gives me a list of ground costumes.
You can import any saved costume, ship or ground regardless.
Survivor of Romulus
# 30
01-23-2013, 06:55 PM
The file names will look the same, just remember what time and date you saved it and what character you were on.