Captain
# 1 You know what would be nice?
01-16-2013, 07:20 AM
If in S8 the Foundry interface included mission type: Comedy. Space combat. Ground combat. Role play. Sad attempts to create new exploit missions where you shoot at helpless ships for twenty minutes..

It would help players find what they like and avoid sad attempts at exploit missions that push all of the interesting material far down the list.
# 2
01-16-2013, 08:36 AM
I like it.
"It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid."
-- Q
Captain
# 3
01-16-2013, 10:54 AM
100% agree with this. A better way to search Foundry missions would be the single most significant improvement we've yet seen. This, along with subscribing to an author, is one of those things they keep saying they'll get to but we should prod them every step of the way to be sure it happens.
Captain
# 4
01-16-2013, 03:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajstoner View Post
100% agree with this. A better way to search Foundry missions would be the single most significant improvement we've yet seen. This, along with subscribing to an author, is one of those things they keep saying they'll get to but we should prod them every step of the way to be sure it happens.
I'm going to bump this in the hopes a random dev reads it and the shame of knowing how right it is prompts them into swift action on this matter.
# 5
01-16-2013, 05:58 PM
Listing by genre? A great idea!
Play more STO Foundry! (You can thank me later.)

A TIME TO SEARCH: ENTER MY FOUNDRY MISSION at the RISA SYSTEM in the SIRIUS SECTOR
Captain
# 6
01-16-2013, 08:29 PM
Genre or at least "type". To separate the "grind" missions from the story missions.

"Grind"
"Exploration"
"Contest"
"Role Play"
"Space combat heavy"

Like that.

Last edited by twg042370; 01-16-2013 at 08:31 PM.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-17-2013, 06:31 AM
If you want comedy play, "The Other Starfleet?" and/or the sequel "The Other Academy". I too wish they would specify genre but they don't. None of my missions are just space grinding.

Maybe someone could compose us a list and the authors could add the titles to the appropriate thread?
-Wendy Black

KDF mission of honor and intrigue.
Captain
# 8
01-17-2013, 06:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by twg042370 View Post
Genre or at least "type". To separate the "grind" missions from the story missions.

"Grind"
"Exploration"
"Contest"
"Role Play"
"Space combat heavy"

Like that.
Dear god YES. That would be worth it just for the wailing and gnashing of teeth over the fact that "Grind" became the most popular category by far.
Career Officer
# 9
01-17-2013, 09:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by twg042370 View Post
If in S8 the Foundry interface included mission type: Comedy. Space combat. Ground combat. Role play. Sad attempts to create new exploit missions where you shoot at helpless ships for twenty minutes..

It would help players find what they like and avoid sad attempts at exploit missions that push all of the interesting material far down the list.
Then you'd have to add a category for "Awful fanfic whose author thinks he's better than Ray Bradbury"
Survivor of Romulus
# 10
01-17-2013, 10:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grindisbaddesign View Post
Then you'd have to add a category for "Awful fanfic whose author thinks he's better than Ray Bradbury"
I'd have thought someone with the name "grindisbaddesign" would be more supportive of story missions.
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
Forum Logic dictates that if the devs don't do what a poster wants, they therefor actively hate what that poster is advocating for.
Forum Logic =/= Real Logic