Captain
Or more accurately, are they worth the opportunity cost of purchasing an Orb Weaver off the exchange?

I'd intend for them to be used for an energy draining build on my Sci (running a fleet recon), but I've heard conflicting reports on their effectiveness.
Career Officer
# 2
01-17-2013, 02:11 AM
I had a Recluse so i bought an Orb Weaver to get the web. I have been using the Thermionic torp too and it appears to do nothing that I can detect in PvE. In PvP it sometimes shut's down a subsystem as you may be aware when you have fought Tholians, but for PvE it is basically useless IMO. I hope someone can show that I'm wrong because I love the idea of it.
Career Officer
# 3
01-17-2013, 02:14 AM
i dont think it is i have been using it on my sci ship just to see and have yet see it do much save the $$
Rihannsu
# 4
01-17-2013, 07:04 AM
Even with 4 Flow Capacitors, a Flow Capacitor Deflector, and any other toys with flow Capacitors on them, it's not really worth it by it's self.

The Torpedo is basically a Free Target Subsystem or two. How ever if you were to use the Torpedo in conjunction with Target Subsystem, Phasers, and Viral Matrix/Energy Siphon/Tyken's Rift it might be an interesting build combination.
You think that your beta test was bad?
Think about this:
American Football has been in open beta for 144 years. ~Kotaku
Empire Veteran
# 5
01-17-2013, 10:23 AM
In pure drain builds it can be interesting.

Let's just say a Breen Chel Grett:

Polaron (or Polarized Disruptors) weapons, Thermionic Torpedo, Breen Energy Dampener thingy, Plasmonic Leech (if a KDF), and anything else I am missing.

High flow caps, using all that stuff above, along with torp spread or HY, Energy siphon and/or Tyken's, and so on.