Captain
# 11
01-18-2013, 10:58 AM
I think 20 hours makes sense, it gives you a chance to save up the stuff you'll need to buy all that shiny endgame gear.

What I don't get is why we have to wait until level 50 to get started on the rep system. Better I think that you can begin on reps at level 45 when the STF content is unlocked - at least this way the first few tiers would offer gear that is actually useful to the player.
Career Officer
# 12
01-18-2013, 11:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by commanderkassy View Post
Input your stuff. Go outside and actually do something. Come back tomorrow.
Yeah. Come up out of the basement and take a shower. Believe me you need one.

So you can level a Fed Toon from 1-50 in less than 7 days and now you want to have instant rewards for the grind?
Republic Veteran
# 13
01-18-2013, 12:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by commanderkassy View Post
Input your stuff. Go outside and actually do something. Come back tomorrow.
No way there is a big ball of fire in the sky that follows me, and when he leaves his little friend follows me in the dark.

Shhhh but I think the other guy is hiding behind him....so Don't say anything

Last edited by neoakiraii; 01-18-2013 at 12:53 PM.
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-18-2013, 03:28 PM
Actually, 20 hours is a pretty decent amount of time. It is basically a daily, but if over the course of your gameplay, you login and play a little bit earlier on one day then normal, you can start with the rep project right away.

Having something time gated at such a large amount of time is much less annoying than having something time gated at a shorter amount of time. This is largely because most people have an inherent drive to advance the most in the game in the least amount of time possible.

Imagine if the timer was at 15 minutes. You would feel compelled to keep on waiting for the timer run down so you could start the next project. It would be extremely annoying. 2-5 minutes would be about the worst, because you couldnt really get anything else done.

Having the 20 hour cool down more or less forces you to do something else, which means you wont sit around watching the timer go down waiting, and instead will do more active things in the game.
Captain
# 15
01-18-2013, 04:13 PM
I love it at 20.

I run The Tau Dewa Sector Daily, almost every day. With that I will power up to all five Romulan powers.

When I'm done that Daily I can do other things.

I usually run at least one and sometimes 2 Elite STF's a day. Planning to get gear later, but also turning over the daily project.

When I'm done I can do other things.

Shortening the turnover to something short just punishes people that actually do other things and adds nothing at all to the game. Absolutely nothing.
Commander
# 16
01-18-2013, 04:22 PM
Well I finished all of it. every item every set every console and wep. Now that the Reputation system is over for me and I have no need to ever do an SFT or Romulan mission or Epohh tagging again. I find I have nothing to do but grind fleet marks now for my Starbase and Embassy projects. I found I blew threw the Rep system very fast.
Captain
# 17
01-18-2013, 04:27 PM
Personally, I would have rather they kept it at 40 hours and just doubled the rewards instead. Same rewards over the course of 2 days, but I don't have to make sure to log in every single day so I don't fall behind.

Oh well, goal accomplished of making me want to log in Every. Single. Day.
Ainu - Join Date: Aug 2008
Foundry Missions: 1) The Source of Power (ST-HSWUBD5TQ) [Federation] 16+
-----=====*****<[ Fleet Recruitment Thread ]>*****=====-----
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-18-2013, 04:31 PM
Sit and wait for 20h is stupid, in my opinion. I would rather have higher reqs, my effort would count. Like this, no matter how much i kill myself, it's boring and there is no incentive to play more time. I mean, this is a mmorpg not farmville.