Career Officer
I just managed to get lucky and pick one of these up today and went to check out the interior. At first I really liked it then I found:

-There is no turbolift or means of visiting other areas of the ship
-There is no Captains Ready Room
-There is an invisible wall where the devs could easily have added the above right around the corner

Does this bother anyone else besides me? It was not cheap to get this ship. I do not spend a lot of game time wandering my ship but still, this is lazy to me. I hope I am just missing something or they plan on actually giving players more than a living room size bridge for this because as it stands I am upset that a 500c (or free) C-Store ship has more to offer than my Temporal Science Ship.
Career Officer
# 2
01-18-2013, 10:29 AM
Yeah, I was a bit disappointed when I got my Korath and this was the case.
Vice Admiral Aznia Deet, Federation Ambassador, U.S.S. Federalist
Captain
# 3
01-18-2013, 10:29 AM
At least it has a bridge with a futuristic feeling. Remarkable for a sci-fi universe. There is a console were you can do all your doff assignements.

Well, I cannot say more about it. Overall, ship interiors, they don't give me the feeling I am inside a space ship. It is all to big, to high.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-18-2013, 10:33 AM
I actually loved the Korath interior. The ceiling and dimensions feel so much more like a proper bridge than most ship bridges in STO. Would I have liked a full Temporal interior? Heck yes, but I am certainly not complaining about what we get.
Captain
# 5
01-18-2013, 10:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fovrel View Post
Well, I cannot say more about it. Overall, ship interiors, they don't give me the feeling I am inside a space ship. It is all to big, to high.
Keep in mind though that Starships in Star Trek universes are huge. Hundreds of meters long.
Rihannsu
# 6
01-18-2013, 10:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeitis View Post
Keep in mind though that Starships in Star Trek universes are huge. Hundreds of meters long.
And keep in mind, that every square foot of interior space takes a lot of time to make. Yeah, the temporal ship is just shy of 200 meters long, but there is no way we are going to see a 100% complete interior for a lockbox ship.
Captain
# 7
01-18-2013, 11:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cehus View Post
And keep in mind, that every square foot of interior space takes a lot of time to make. Yeah, the temporal ship is just shy of 200 meters long, but there is no way we are going to see a 100% complete interior for a lockbox ship.
Good point, the lockboxes probably aren't even one cubic meter. Can't fit THAT big of a ship in one.
Rihannsu
# 8
01-18-2013, 11:34 AM
The temporal bridge is awesome! After all, it features one of the most important inventions of the 29th century, the telephone. This is a revolutionary device that allows a captain to contact his crew and give orders to them without running all over the ship to talk to them in person.
Captain
# 9
01-18-2013, 11:40 AM
I can't speak on the Temporal ships specifically. but my understanding is this is standard for all lockbox ships. the Bug Ship, Galor, and D'kora I believe all have unique bridges but no other interiors.

Perhaps eventually Cryptic will add an interior, but I doubt it. There are a rather large amount of resources to create a new/unique interior, and I am not sure they would feel it was a good investment of resources to go back on this.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-18-2013, 12:06 PM
if we can do more inside the ships i can imagine a quantum flux core room or holo matrix rooms and i would like to see the aeon shuttle interior like my signature

Last edited by garaks31; 01-18-2013 at 12:13 PM.