Captain
Having got a few characters to level 50, I've been trying out these two invasion zones. Currently, I'm not really seeing the appeal. Is there really any good reason to play in these areas? They usually seem mostly deserted when I'm there, and I can't bring down any BOFFs to help. There are so many enemies, who respawn so quickly, that I am constantly surrounded, no matter where I go. The enemies in these zones seem a lot more lethal than the versions I have fought elsewhere. All in all, it's been pretty frustrating.

Just wondering if I was missing the point of these zones? What are you supposed to get out of them? And should I bother with these when I have New Romulus to play, as well as Dilithium and EC to grind?

This character is why I don't play my Romulan any more. Tovan Khev is NOT my BFF! Get him off my bridge!
Career Officer
# 2
01-11-2013, 04:23 AM
The Adventure areas like Nukara and Defera generally offer Fleet Marks, the missions they have to play are generally team related.

these areas are most effective during the Fleet Mark Bonus event, but as these areas are becoming less interesting they are becoming less used.

Defera also offers special items and devices which tie in with the rather annoying R&D system, but the items you can craft are wroth it.
"I haven't been to Defera for a good while so my information isn't exactly up-to-date"

similar to Nukara and collecting Science Reports etc.. Defera has borg part pieces that when collected can create the items at the store/R&D area in the camp.

there is a fractal remodulator that is a good remodulator for those who aren't quite at a sufficient omega tier to get Omega/MACO/Honour Guard armours for there 3/3 set piece remodulator. besides from that I know there are weapons etc. but I am unfamiliar with the actual items that are there.

Nukara is generally just good for Fleet Marks, there isn't really anything useful besides getting the Tholian EV suit stuff. "not in game so I can't quote for quote name it"

all in all these adventure areas are best taken as team activities like STF's/Fleet Actions/PvP etc.

I hope this helps.
RachelJ88

*P.S. I think that the zones have completely been made redundant, they can be useful but fewer players make it a place to grind, you'll probably remember Nukara when it was first released, players could do the missions over and over one after the other farming/grinding Fleet Marks, if Nukara had stayed that way I could imagine it would of kept its original appeal.*

Last edited by rachelj88; 01-11-2013 at 04:28 AM.
Commander
# 3
01-11-2013, 04:24 AM
You can make a quicker Frequency Remodulator on Defera.

It's the only reason to go there, imo - just run around the city and beat as many Borg to death as you can - you'll have those 50-each crafting materials within a few hours or so.

He's dead, Jim.
Career Officer
# 4
01-11-2013, 04:26 AM
Defera is the only way to get Omega Marks without doing STF's or red alerts.

Nukara still exists? lol.

Porthos is not amused.
Career Officer
# 5
01-11-2013, 07:55 AM
The defera are interesting, but the guys at cryptic dont have the mad writing skills to realy make them shine tbh. Would love to see more cultural missions about them (they would have free reign since its a cryptic designed race) But lets be honest, if it doesnt fit in a lockbox, its probably low priority.
Rihannsu
# 6
01-11-2013, 08:00 AM
Defera has accolades. You can also craft a Fractal Remodulator from parts found there, that's good for any Borg mission. Unfortunately you no longer get any special rewards for the missions themselves. STF-haters can do it for Omega marks but personally I wouldn't bother.

Nukara obviously has the Tholian item packs and the ground equipment set you can collect from those. It also remains the best place to get the Tholian ground kills accolade.
Survivor of Romulus
# 7
01-11-2013, 08:05 AM
If they made a tholian or mirror themed STF for Nukara I would go back

as for the Deferi... They breed faster than the Breen can enslave them.
Captain
# 8
01-11-2013, 08:07 AM
Well...doing the medium and hard missions on Nukara can give you reward packs that can sell pretty well on the exchange.

I barely touch Defera. I'm not fussed about accolades and their are far better ways to get Omega Marks and loot.

Beyond that I don't see the appeal. I hate ground missions though so I may be a teeny bit biased
Rihannsu
# 9
01-11-2013, 08:12 AM
I use them to break up the way i get marks. variety appeals to me, so sometimes i get bored of stf's or fleet events.

if you do them in a 4-5 man team (and they are mostly designed around the team mentality), you can get some pretty decent rewards in a short space of time.

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Starfleet Veteran
# 10
01-11-2013, 08:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diotw View Post
Having got a few characters to level 50, I've been trying out these two invasion zones. Currently, I'm not really seeing the appeal. Is there really any good reason to play in these areas? They usually seem mostly deserted when I'm there, and I can't bring down any BOFFs to help. There are so many enemies, who respawn so quickly, that I am constantly surrounded, no matter where I go. The enemies in these zones seem a lot more lethal than the versions I have fought elsewhere. All in all, it's been pretty frustrating.

Just wondering if I was missing the point of these zones? What are you supposed to get out of them? And should I bother with these when I have New Romulus to play, as well as Dilithium and EC to grind?
They used to be full of players a while back...I grinded myself crafting stuff from Defera and suits/coolest weapons/ ground gear sets from Nukara....It has lost its original appeal due to S7 and most people are either on STF or Romulan grinding. I'm sure they are deserted now from its high peaks a while back. Better to put them on public queues and incentivize players to acquire other than what they normal offer....perhaps a little dil or more marks.