Career Officer
# 1 Cryptic or perfect world
01-18-2013, 10:39 AM
Which is it? Who makes the decisions...?
Rihannsu
# 2
01-18-2013, 10:44 AM
PW owns cryptic, but cryptic are the game designers. decisions will most likely vary between PW, cryptic or a combination of the two depending on what they are. sometimes PW will provide input and ideas, give direct orders or just leave it to cryptic to decide.

no one will be able to tell you exactly who decides what, or where PW influence starts and ends.

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Starfleet Veteran
# 3
01-18-2013, 11:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by romeowhiskey4 View Post
If any intellectual property is involved, then the answer is CBS -- they own all IP rights to the Star Trek Franchise. Game play features and stats will go to Cryptic and PWE.
Community Moderator
# 4
01-18-2013, 11:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by romeowhiskey4 View Post
Between PWE, Cryptic, and CBS?

Heh. A Committee.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums -- My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-18-2013, 12:23 PM
i would say it depends on what there trying to decide . as far as content, coding.. etc , cryptic,
as for giveaways , ZEN store offers, PR... ETC then PWE .
Captain
# 6
01-18-2013, 01:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by quepan View Post
i would say it depends on what there trying to decide . as far as content, coding.. etc , cryptic,
as for giveaways , ZEN store offers, PR... ETC then PWE .
This. While Cryptic is wholly owned by PWE, my understanding is all game development is done solely by Cryptic. PWE makes no decisions regarding what does or does not go into the game. While they might give input, it will only be in relation to decisions already made by Cryptic, and are not actually involved directly or indirectly in any decision making.

What PWE is, is essentially a book/magazine publisher (and yes this is paraphrasing). They are responsible for Marketing. Whether directly or through BranFlakes, they are responsible for anything involved with promoting STO. Giveaway, Sales, Promotions, etc are most likely solely run by PWE.
Career Officer
# 7
01-18-2013, 01:25 PM
The magic eight ball in the office makes the decisions.
nynik | Join Date: Dec 2009
<Dev> Oaks@dstahl: *checks for CBS listening devices in the office*
Career Officer
# 8
01-18-2013, 01:29 PM
Cryptic has idea -> PWE says "Does it earn money? then it's ok" -> CBS says "Where is our money?"

Something like that.
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports