Rihannsu
We've had Lobi Crystals and the Lobi Store for a while now. And I felt it was time for some General Feedback concerning what I don't like about both..

And it's a simple reason for both:

Bound to Character on aquire.

Now granted not everything in the Lobi Store is bound.

But any of the Consoles, or Weapons are.

And to make matters worse, Lobi it's self is also Bound to Character.

Which means if you have Multiple characters, it becomes harder to get gear, and equipment that you want for those characters. And you have to spend more for each character.

More Dilithium, More Zen, More EC, and more Real Money. Not to mention more time.

Personally, I'd like to see either the Lobi Store items currently bound to character on aquire, or the Lobi it's self be changed to Bound to Account on aquire.

Even if this isn't something that is popular for Cryptic/PWE's business model, then perhaps there could be a way for Subscribers or Life Time Subscribers to have their Lobi or Lobi Store items bound to account. This could give an incentive to Subscribe as well. Not an easy coding task, I'm sure. But just a suggestion and once again, feed back.

I'm sure this topic may have come up before. And I apologize if I'm dredging up an old discussion.
You think that your beta test was bad?
Think about this:
American Football has been in open beta for 144 years. ~Kotaku
Rihannsu
# 2
01-19-2013, 01:32 AM
You don't have to spend more. You just have to open the lockboxes with the character you want to buy lobi items with. Lockboxes & keys are not bound.
Captain
# 3
01-19-2013, 04:11 AM
Even if Lobi were account wide, it would not help. Case in point:

I did the math, and I made the shocking discovery that the several hundred Lobi needed for the Korath uniform comes out to be more Zen spent on keys than would be needed for the entire Bortasqu Set. Really? All that Zen spent on just an article of clothing? Why?

I successfully completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE.
My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III

Click here to view my DeviantArt.
Captain
# 4
01-19-2013, 08:38 AM
If I remember Cryptic correctly, the whole point of Lobi being character bound is the free lobi in the game. Lobi is considered a monetanized unit. Basically if you have Lobi, chances are either you or someone else paid real money to get it.

But, The game also has free lobi, free lobi you can even get for just an hour or so of gameplay. The result (if Lobi is acccount bound) is hundred of lobi Crystals without any real effort, except rerolling multiple character over and over.
Rihannsu
# 5
01-19-2013, 09:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lindaleff View Post
Even if Lobi were account wide, it would not help. Case in point:

I did the math, and I made the shocking discovery that the several hundred Lobi needed for the Korath uniform comes out to be more Zen spent on keys than would be needed for the entire Bortasqu Set. Really? All that Zen spent on just an article of clothing? Why?
Wrong. According to statistics at stowiki the temporal lockbox drops an average of 5.41 lobi per box, which translates to 37 boxes opened or between 4162.5 to 4625 zen in keys (depending on if bought in 10-packs or one at a time).

You could also buy the keys on the exchange, for around 50 million EC.

And that, of course, is assuming you throw away all the other items found in the boxes. When the value of those items is included, the cost of lobi becomes much less.
Starfleet Veteran
# 6
01-19-2013, 10:11 AM
I don't like that some items are bind on equip (in crates) and others bind on pick up.

I think that all lobi store items should be bind on equip.

"The Road To Arc Is Paved With Good Intentions"
Lieutenant
# 7
01-19-2013, 10:45 AM
Keys on the exchange are going for about 1.2 million each when I checked yesterday. If you want to break it down piecemeal rather than bulk.
Captain
# 8
01-19-2013, 02:12 PM
I'm ok with Lobis bound to character: that toon received the reward so that toon should get the benefit.
Kathryn S. Beringer - The Dawn Patrol

Solaris build - Veritatum Liquido Cernene
Captain
# 9
01-19-2013, 02:36 PM
I stopped buying zen or anything for that matter since the Lobi idiocy came out.

The Lobi needs to be bound to account. Period.

This really lame excuse that they dont make it bound to account because of 'free lobi' available in the game is as STUPID as saying they'll lock Zen per character because you can convert dilithium to zen from any character.

If they really are that dumb to hang on to the free lobi excuse then REMOVE THE FREE LOBI and be done with it.

As of right now I have 400 or so lobi in 3 characters and the one character than actually needs and can use lobi items can't purchase them because that toon doesnt have enough lobi.

If these devs are that seriously mentally deficient that they think im going to go on a zen or EC shopping spree for lockbox keys they are sadly deluded.

If anything this stupid decision has made me play less and less each week.
http://media.tumblr.com/160cacdb395f8340dac90864182ebe16/tumblr_inline_mx9yxhItkb1qg9pkt.jpg
Republic Veteran
# 10
01-19-2013, 03:03 PM
Cryptic babies you people....this is the only game that has a lot of bound to account items....most MMO's only do bound to Character and very few account wide unlocks....hell TOR has friend list per character and not account wide.

The Following signature is not endorsed by the Dukat administration, and Down with Bajor Party