Captain
# 21
01-22-2013, 08:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by voyagerfan9751 View Post
If I remember Cryptic correctly, the whole point of Lobi being character bound is the free lobi in the game. Lobi is considered a monetanized unit. Basically if you have Lobi, chances are either you or someone else paid real money to get it.

But, The game also has free lobi, free lobi you can even get for just an hour or so of gameplay. The result (if Lobi is acccount bound) is hundred of lobi Crystals without any real effort, except rerolling multiple character over and over.
The only 'free' lobi that I know of is the 20 from scavenger hunt (1 time only) and the 1 from the ferengi (one time only).

So, where's the rest of the "hundred of lobi Crystals without any real effort" you claim are available ?
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

Contact support @ https://support.perfectworld.com/app/ask
to show your displeasure over the stealth mail attachment nerf
Republic Veteran
# 22
01-22-2013, 10:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordmalak1 View Post
The only 'free' lobi that I know of is the 20 from scavenger hunt (1 time only) and the 1 from the ferengi (one time only).

So, where's the rest of the "hundred of lobi Crystals without any real effort" you claim are available ?
I thought I explained it rather well. Create a toon, Run the game from tutorial to I think the Vulcan mission. can't remember where exactly you unlock the Ferengi mission. Do the Ferengi mission. Takes you about an hour total. Now, since lobi is account bound (in this example, not reality), stick your free lobi in your account bank. Rinse, repeat.

Viola, Lots of Lobi no more then an hour, possible an hour an a half per lobi. Which, according to the Devs (not me) is why it is not account bound.
Starfleet Veteran
# 23
01-22-2013, 11:08 AM
Quote:
The problem with your example, is there is no need to open the "bug Ship" on the character that needs it. In my experience, and I have opened several lock boxes, there is no Prize in the lockbox that is bound to character. at worse there are a few items that appear to be, for lack of a better word, bound to faction, so you would have to be a Klingon if you want the Klingon duty officer cadre. But this does not apply to the big prizes like the Galor, D'kora, etc.

So if you need lobi on one character and want a Galor on another. Open the lockboxes on the lobi one. If you get the galor. Either stick it in the account bank, or mail it to yourself and have the one that needs it get it.
No no. I had the Lobi before I had the Crystaline Set. The Lobi came from opening boxes until the ship appeared, stopping after that. It wasn't until I started raging against the Tholians that I got the set pieces, but on a different toon.

Once I got them, I needed 250 Lobi on the toon to convert to MK XII set. But wait, I can't because all that Lobi I own is sitting on another toon.

Okay, I will purchase the MK XII conversion kit and move it over since I can't move the Lobi between characters. But wait, the MK XII conversion is bound on pick up.

Fail
Fail
Fail

I just want to know if this repressive game play is working as intended and Cryptic really thought I was going to buy more Lobi since they locked it up. Or is it an unintended consequence that Cryptic will happily let their customers live with?

Last edited by cletusdeadman; 01-22-2013 at 11:12 AM.
Career Officer
# 24
01-22-2013, 11:24 AM
Quote:
Viola, Lots of Lobi no more then an hour, possible an hour an a half per lobi. Which, according to the Devs (not me) is why it is not account bound.
Only 800 hours of this for a Recluse!

"Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference." - James T. Kirk
Republic Veteran
# 25
01-22-2013, 02:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkjeff View Post
Only 800 hours of this for a Recluse!
actually if I read the amount of lobi drop, it is only 200 hours, and that is assuming your luck is terrible, as I believe you get a minimum of 4 lobi per box opened.

All joking asside, I realize getting things like a recluse isn't going to be that much easier. but then, i am not a developer. I am not privy to the conversation they have.

but consider this too, with the inclusion of free lobi, there is a potential to create more ways to get free lobi. Will Cryptic do it, your guess is as good as mine. But no free lobi, means no free lobi.

Honestly, even if it meant getting rid of the Ferengi mission (as I feel there is no other method of free lobi in game worth exploiting), I would probably support Account bound Lobi. Lets be honest the 1 free lobi from that mission is beyond laughable. you can't spend anything with it.
Commander
# 26
01-22-2013, 03:39 PM
two things that bug me about the lobi store are u can not sell unopened lock boxes to the lobi store clerk or directly buy the lobi store item off the cstore
Career Officer
# 27
01-22-2013, 03:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdrscarlet View Post
I'm ok with Lobis bound to character: that toon received the reward so that toon should get the benefit.
Your argument would hold more weight if it were something that you EARNED on that character during gameplay. This is not really something that is earned, rather than purchased in a myriad of ways and since you are doing the purchasing why not let it be account bound.
Career Officer
# 28
01-22-2013, 03:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoakiraii View Post
Cryptic babies you people....this is the only game that has a lot of bound to account items....most MMO's only do bound to Character and very few account wide unlocks....hell TOR has friend list per character and not account wide.
Yes, TOR is a thriving and shining example of how to do an MMO.

The issue here with people wanting more items to be account bound (or at least faction on an account) is because of the highly needless amount of additional grinding for things. If this game was not a "endlessly grind a small amount of content" and was more robust you would see much less of the request.

The bottom line is here, most vets ground up multiple alts during the year of no development just to keep the game fresh or experience it from a different perspective. People still do that today, or they make highly specialized characters. Bottom line is the game itself is not very alt friendly...but the financial gains for Cryptic are very alt friendly. It all boils down to making more money off of fewer people.
Republic Veteran
# 29
01-22-2013, 04:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by commodoreshrvk View Post
Yes, TOR is a thriving and shining example of how to do an MMO.

The issue here with people wanting more items to be account bound (or at least faction on an account) is because of the highly needless amount of additional grinding for things. If this game was not a "endlessly grind a small amount of content" and was more robust you would see much less of the request.

The bottom line is here, most vets ground up multiple alts during the year of no development just to keep the game fresh or experience it from a different perspective. People still do that today, or they make highly specialized characters. Bottom line is the game itself is not very alt friendly...but the financial gains for Cryptic are very alt friendly. It all boils down to making more money off of fewer people.

This game has account wide unlocks for certain items like Federation Starships in the C store, and Cryptic (with CBS's blessing) has decided that certain items like Alien ships Alternate realities ships, and ships from the far future should not be account wide unlocks, there are soooooo many account wide unlocks in this game that Cryptic babies so many players in thinking everything should be account wide unlocks. TOR was an example of many other MMOs that have a limit on account wide unlocks for in game items.
Captain
# 30
01-22-2013, 04:58 PM
Quote:
I thought I explained it rather well. Create a toon, Run the game from tutorial to I think the Vulcan mission. can't remember where exactly you unlock the Ferengi mission. Do the Ferengi mission. Takes you about an hour total. Now, since lobi is account bound (in this example, not reality), stick your free lobi in your account bank. Rinse, repeat.

So, the majority of the playerbase which does not do this is penalized and boned in the arse because they are afraid people will exploit this very time consuming and VERY dull method of getting 'free lobi'?

Again, REMOVING that free lobi and making lobi account bound makes a ton more sense.
http://media.tumblr.com/160cacdb395f8340dac90864182ebe16/tumblr_inline_mx9yxhItkb1qg9pkt.jpg