Lieutenant
# 11
01-30-2013, 11:18 AM
I gave a small fleet that has been around for a while... members come and go. We have made it to Tier 2 Starbase and Military (as well as shipyard), with Science and Engineering (and associated unlocks) being Tier 1. I base promotions on time in fleet, progression in the game (based on In Game rank/level), and contributions to fleet projects... if members want to get something out of the fleet, they need to put something into it. The fleet is called 525th Intelligence Fleet, and is supposed to be part of Star Fleet Intelligence, so ranks are named accordingly.

Rank 1: Asset
No Requirements.

Rank 2: Agent
1 week in Fleet, and Lieutenant Commander rank (level 10+).

Rank 3: Special Agent
2 weeks in Fleet, Commander rank (level 20+), and 10000 Fleet Holding Contribution.

Rank 4: Intelligence Officer
3 weeks in Fleet, Captain rank (level 30+), and 50000 Fleet Holding Contribution.

Rank 5: Senior Intelligence Officer
4 weeks in Fleet, Rear Admiral rank (level 40+), and 100000 Fleet Holding Contribution.

Rank 6: Division Head
Must meet all Rank 5 requirements and be deemed Fleet XO Material.

Rank 7: Deputy Chief of Star Fleet Intelligence
Top 3 characters of last remaining fleet founder and leader (me).
Vice Admiral Ross
and others too numerous to name...
Captain
# 12
01-30-2013, 06:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by catstarsto View Post
Please take note, that these are my opinions on the matter and dont reflect my current fleets policies!
Opinions should not be marketed as a guide, especially as different fleets with different focal points would have different structures.

Quote:
About the slave driving comment, may I say "ouch" You seem to take offense at everything I post, im not really sure why im such an interest to you.
No, you may not say ouch.

;P

Quote:
But there are fleets and players that do enjoy taking adventage of the many things that the game offers,
Boilerplate response is boilerplate.

Quote:
I hope the idea I submitted can help give players an idea as to the direction they wish to go, or maybe even help them stablise a fleet that is not doing so well.
The best thing for any fleet is for them to figure out what works for them themselves, rather than attempting to prescribe an opinion in the guise of an "expert guide".

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunasto View Post
Im glad my fleet isnt flat and boring
Boring to you, freedom and flexibility to me and other casuals.

Quote:
I love it when hes here, he brings an aura of charm and nobility. Anyone who would pick on him, is low in my book!!
"In [your] book."

Quote:
So speaks Luna, the beautiful! hehe
One post, I see, with similar name and cat-related puns? How's that sockpuppeting working out for you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericandrewross View Post
-snip-
Sounds nice, especially having rank titles follow the theme of espionage and intelligence.

Game features I'd like to see improved / expanded: Better Ship Interiors // BOff Costume Slots

Last edited by sumghai; 01-30-2013 at 06:21 PM.
Career Officer
# 13
01-30-2013, 10:20 PM
Thx for your submission Eric, you have a neat idea with earning your rank through seniority and contribution. I hope to see more ideas, and ecourage more helpful feedback that others can use.

Thanks for the support Luna, a bit over the top as usual lol. Just dont bother responding to the trolls, lets stay on the topic of fleet ideas.
Ensign
# 14
01-30-2013, 11:35 PM
Good topic to discuss, every fleet goes through rules and rank changes at some point. Knowing about alternate structures is always helpful.

Since I know both Cat and Luna there's no Sockpuppettry going on.
Captain
# 15
01-31-2013, 01:37 PM
Quote:
Thanks for the support Luna, a bit over the top as usual lol. Just dont bother responding to the trolls, lets stay on the topic of fleet ideas.
I had a legitimate opinion that one should not package an opinion on fleet structures as a guide - it's rather rich to brand someone you don't disagree with as a "troll".

Quote:
Originally Posted by plas01 View Post
Since I know both Cat and Luna there's no Sockpuppettry going on.
Most recent join date + very low post count + starting post heaping praise on Cat.

How do you know they are two different people from all the way over the internet?

Game features I'd like to see improved / expanded: Better Ship Interiors // BOff Costume Slots
Commander
# 16
01-31-2013, 08:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sumghai View Post
Opinions should not be marketed as a guide, especially as different fleets with different focal points would have different structures.

No, you may not say ouch.

;P

Boilerplate response is boilerplate.

The best thing for any fleet is for them to figure out what works for them themselves, rather than attempting to prescribe an opinion in the guise of an "expert guide".

Boring to you, freedom and flexibility to me and other casuals.

"In [your] book."

One post, I see, with similar name and cat-related puns? How's that sockpuppeting working out for you?

Sounds nice, especially having rank titles follow the theme of espionage and intelligence.
I post mostely in our fleets forums, the only interest I have in this one is to stand up for Catstar. I knew what your reaction would be, you take things out of context and try to make someone your threatened by look bad, jealousy can make make people like you crazy as you can see all of your snap comments arent to add to his discussion, but rather to put him down. Only I get to pick on my brother!! So by posting a bunch of good things about him, I tricked you into showing your real motive. Trolling as meowstar put so well. As for the names, much of the funny cat names he uses where my idea to begin with, and if I want to add an STO to my name as well, whats it to you?! So just back off and quick causing trouble!!!
Captain
# 17
01-31-2013, 08:27 PM
Quote:
-snip-
It's rather common for sockpuppet accounts to be made in the guise of close relatives. I also note from the frequency of misspellings that you're responding in anger - you wouldn't be so hung up over someone disagreeing with Catstar if you weren't actually Catstar himself.

In any case, my point still stands - an opinion should not be disguised as an actual guide to how fleets should be run.

Last edited by sumghai; 01-31-2013 at 08:30 PM.
Career Officer
# 18
01-31-2013, 10:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericandrewross View Post
I gave a small fleet that has been around for a while... members come and go. We have made it to Tier 2 Starbase and Military (as well as shipyard), with Science and Engineering (and associated unlocks) being Tier 1. I base promotions on time in fleet, progression in the game (based on In Game rank/level), and contributions to fleet projects... if members want to get something out of the fleet, they need to put something into it. The fleet is called 525th Intelligence Fleet, and is supposed to be part of Star Fleet Intelligence, so ranks are named accordingly.

Rank 1: Asset
No Requirements.

Rank 2: Agent
1 week in Fleet, and Lieutenant Commander rank (level 10+).

Rank 3: Special Agent
2 weeks in Fleet, Commander rank (level 20+), and 10000 Fleet Holding Contribution.

Rank 4: Intelligence Officer
3 weeks in Fleet, Captain rank (level 30+), and 50000 Fleet Holding Contribution.

Rank 5: Senior Intelligence Officer
4 weeks in Fleet, Rear Admiral rank (level 40+), and 100000 Fleet Holding Contribution.

Rank 6: Division Head
Must meet all Rank 5 requirements and be deemed Fleet XO Material.

Rank 7: Deputy Chief of Star Fleet Intelligence
Top 3 characters of last remaining fleet founder and leader (me).

This is why I asked everyone to stay on topic and not respond to him. Lets try this again. Above is a submission by Eric. I would welcome more ideas from people willing to share ideas that made thier fleet successful, or contructive comments concerning things that would be helpful. Once again here is also a link to the idea I submitted. http://catstarsto.com/fleet-structure-guide
Captain
# 19
01-31-2013, 11:17 PM
Quote:
-snip-
You've already covered Eric's thoughts - repeatedly reposting it and your own website is spam.

It's clear you only acknowledge fleet that have fixed structures or plenty of activities, when there are also many successful fleets with a more casual attitude or simply made up of friends. Again, disguising your "guide" as an opinion piece doesn't make your argument any more valid than mine.

If anything, the only hard and fast recommendations for any fleet are:

- Have as few admins as possible

- Limit bank / fleet provisions permissions

- Don't promote members too quickly

Now THAT's a guide.

Last edited by sumghai; 01-31-2013 at 11:21 PM.
Career Officer
# 20
02-01-2013, 12:08 AM
This thread was for fleet ideas, if you have no need for a structure or are pleased with the one you have. I would assume you have no need to persue what this thread is for. As I have said before, im glad your fleet is doing well Sumghai, your very proud of its organisation, and I realise that you have no need of any of these ideas that promote what you are against. If you have nothing further to add, I would appreciate you not disrupting this thread further just to disagree with my submission, as it solves nothing more then that. Lets allow for others to share thier ideas too. If anyone has an idea they wish to share that they think would be better please share it.
Closed Thread