Career Officer
# 1 Simulated JJPrise
10-28-2013, 12:36 PM
Hi All,

I thought I would share my current build with you all. It's an attempt to simulate/replicate the JJPrise from the Ambramsverse. Here is the link to the build on the STO Academy Skill Planner: http://www.stoacademy.com/tools/skil...hannyjjprise_0

I have included my power levels and DOff set up in the description on the skill planner for those that are interested.

I would welcome any sensible suggestions for improving the build, although please note I have chosen to use turrets and a quantum torpedo launcher to maintain/simulate the aesthetics of the source material even though beam arrays would in theory give me higher DPS. If only the JJPrise had used beam arrays like the U.S.S. Kelvin!!!

Please note if you dislike or even hate the JJPrise and or Abramsverse that's entirely up to you and I respect your right to do so but I would ask that you respect my right and the right of others to like or even love the JJPrise and or Abramsverse, please don't use this thread as an outlet for any dislike/hate you have for either of the above subjects, each to their own I say!

Thanks for looking!
Captain
# 2
10-28-2013, 12:59 PM
Use a Cannon forward instead of a Turret.
Captain
# 3
10-28-2013, 01:07 PM
What if you used a Regent? Big, white paint scheme, rounded, and with right nacelle-and-strut choices could give you a pretty-close silhouette? Then just add in Scramble Sensors and Antimatter Spread to confuse everyone with lots of flashing white lights.
Rihannsu
# 4
10-28-2013, 01:16 PM
When the new Voth sets come out, you could try the proton beam/cannon weapon from that. Apparently its a beam, but it pulses. I don't know about the color though.
Joined September 2011
Nouveau riche LTS member
Career Officer
# 5
10-28-2013, 02:09 PM
I had a look at the regent design and I have to say I don't think it's a close enough match for me, but thanks for the suggestion!

Thanks for the tip about the cannon, I will admit I had thought about it so I might have to give it a try, I often have to swing the ship around to face the enemy so I can fire the torpedo launcher any way!

It's a shame really about the Voth Proton weapons, I don't know any of their specifications but even if they were more powerful than what I am currently using I wouldn't use them as they look ridiculous when fired! A red beam with yellow triangles/arrow heads running through it looks like something out of an arcade game in the 80s or early 90s!