Captain
# 101
01-21-2013, 02:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ussdelphin2 View Post
any Star Trek fan who looks at that ship will see a Starfleet Vessel
Clearly this isn't true, because there's a number of Star Trek fans here who look at ship and do not think Starfleet. One of them being me. There may be some who do, but there's also a number who don't.

I wouldn't care if the ship was in the game, although personally I have to say it's not a very nice design. Looks too much like a cross between standard ST ships and something else. But it's clearly not evocative of Starfleet to a number of people.
Career Officer
# 102
01-21-2013, 02:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptvanor View Post
Clearly this isn't true, because there's a number of Star Trek fans here who look at ship and do not think Starfleet. One of them being me. There may be some who do, but there's also a number who don't.

I wouldn't care if the ship was in the game, although personally I have to say it's not a very nice design. Looks too much like a cross between standard ST ships and something else. But it's clearly not evocative of Starfleet to a number of people.
Then I stand corrected, I just though since the whole design is basically Starfleet except for the arched nacelle it would be easy to spot as a Starfleet vessel.
Captain
# 103
01-21-2013, 04:30 PM
Well that's pretty fantastic. Definitely a cool take, and very cool how he tried to incorporate Vulcan and Starfleet aesthetics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerobang View Post
...add it as Alternate Visual for the Oddy!
At this point I would be happy with ANY Odyssey variant, no matter who does it. And Bortasqu', and Chimera, etc. Vesta got variants, why not them?

Edit: Yes!
Quote:
Originally Posted by archofwinter View Post
No matter the design, I feel like we should have extra parts for the Ody so we can have customization. We currently don't have any parts to swap out in the Ody.

Last edited by felderburg; 01-21-2013 at 04:54 PM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 104
01-21-2013, 05:34 PM
saw the pictures...Meh....sorry not an enterprise which is what it's supposed to be. Personally...I'd like to see an Odyssey variant that has a single neck rather than that dual bulging monstrosity. The Oberth is the ugliest ship in existence for a reason.
STOP THE
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacofangs View Post
We planned on doing it next weekend, but then we saw your post and were like, "Dude, we should totally move that up a week! Tee Hee!"
Career Officer
# 105
01-21-2013, 07:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by valoreah View Post
I don't see how that makes a difference? Compare the shape of all the Enterprise variants. From the TOS Connie to the Sovereign, there was a common, general shape. The Enterprise E doesn't share the same nacelles as the TOS Connie but shares the general configuration.
That's the point, Starfleet vessels use linear warp Nacelles. From the Phoenix all the way to the Enterprise-J.

You clearly did not understand the conversation where the person I was responding to pointed out that the Miranda's Rollbar was similar, which it was not. The Miranda's rollbar was a structral addition to allow additional weapon systems such as Phaser Banks, the Torpedo launcher, and in STO the Deflector Dish. While he was comparing it to the Fan Odyssey's warp ring and trying to equate the two. Which was like comparing apples and oranges.
Commander
# 106
01-21-2013, 09:30 PM
Quote:

The Borg... interesting that you say this, because the Borg have giant Transwarp Hubs like this
http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Tran...answarphub.jpg

their Ships can enter those conduits, but they could not go to Transwarp *just like that* from anywhere.
Quote:
even the Renegade Borg Ship opened these conduits and the 1701-D did actually follow it through it (and there was a nice Visual FX how it entered it too) after managing to open it with it's deflector, so did Voyager.
Quote:
There is no need for a Transwarp drive like the Excelsior was supposed to have.
Quote:
So where is the Federations Transwarp Hub? Do we even have one or do we just ride in Borg Conduits all the time?
And why can we Transwarp to locations (ESD, DS9, K7) who do not have a Stargate like that as exit point anywhere in sight?

For me those Transwarp to X buttons are just what they are, "load this map instantly"-buttons for convenience. Not actual technological advancement.....
Do you even read what you write? You contradicted yourself several times in one post.

Though I do agree, there should be gates of some sort at the various bases you can diplo-transwarp to.
Captain
# 107
01-21-2013, 09:38 PM
Should make it have a warp gate with a deploy animation. Then you fly into fluid!
Lieutenant
# 108
01-21-2013, 11:44 PM
Quote:
OMG you guys:

http://colourbrand.deviantart.com/ar...cept-270029294

http://colourbrand.deviantart.com/ar...sion-314876347

Cryptic BUY THIS DUDE OUT and add it as Alternate Visual for the Oddy!
Not a fan of the nacelle overbridge, but the colour scheme is rather pretty.

# 109
01-22-2013, 03:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azurianstar View Post
That's the point, Starfleet vessels use linear warp Nacelles. From the Phoenix all the way to the Enterprise-J.
And they can never deviate from that can they? So it does not matter what new shape the actual hull takes, as long as it has standard Starfleet warp nacelles its a Starfleet ship. And its a Nacelle arch, not a ring like you keep saying it is.

I am happy for Cryptic to add all the canon ships even if they are relics, but I also want to see some fresh designs, why not a class of ship with an arched nacelle? Or more Defiant style ships with the nacelles built in? Or large Cruisers/science vessels with built-in nacelles?
Career Officer
# 110
01-22-2013, 03:46 AM
1st pics looks very good to me. but only cause the nacelle-thing seems to be a part of the saucer/hull.
a re-work with a saucer/hull like that and fitting-(canon-)warp nacelles (don't care if endo- or exo) and you get my vote .

Klink: House of Beautiful - J'Luc/Rom: Lag Industries - D'Waste/Fed-Sci: Lag Industries - IAM
Join Date Hoster: Dec 2011 - Join Date Symbiont: 1403 A.D. and not a dull moment
PvP improvements, coming since 2010 lol

Last edited by wast33; 01-22-2013 at 03:49 AM.