Empire Veteran
# 111
01-22-2013, 03:55 AM
Hideous...
Captain
# 112
01-22-2013, 08:23 AM
Hell no! I would take the Jupiter over that...thing.

Cryptic! Need some FREE KDF uniform options that you wont have to make? See Here.
JJ. Trek is just as canon and awesome as all other Trek, Get over it.
Unofficial Bortasq' Uniform colour guide here.
Career Officer
# 113
01-22-2013, 08:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azurianstar View Post
That's the point, Starfleet vessels use linear warp Nacelles. From the Phoenix all the way to the Enterprise-J.
I see Warp Nacelles in the second photo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post
Anyone calling Valoreah a "Cryptic fanboy" must be new to the forum.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaguarskx View Post
The cost of actually commissioning an artisan to make a real physical model of my starship using 1 pound of 14k gold will probably cost less than creating a "gold ship" in STO.
Career Officer
# 114
01-22-2013, 10:29 AM
I understand the criticisms but I have to say this is one of the most beautiful scifi ships I've seen.
Career Officer
# 115
01-22-2013, 10:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by valoreah View Post
I see Warp Nacelles in the second photo.
That's a warp ring dude, not traditional linear starfleet warp nacelles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ussdelphin2 View Post
And they can never deviate from that can they? So it does not matter what new shape the actual hull takes, as long as it has standard Starfleet warp nacelles its a Starfleet ship. And its a Nacelle arch, not a ring like you keep saying it is.

I am happy for Cryptic to add all the canon ships even if they are relics, but I also want to see some fresh designs, why not a class of ship with an arched nacelle? Or more Defiant style ships with the nacelles built in? Or large Cruisers/science vessels with built-in nacelles?
Well that ultimately is up to CBS, now is it?
Career Officer
# 116
01-22-2013, 10:42 AM
Noob Question:

Why does CBS get so involved with STO's ship design ideas, etc... any of the previous games, particularly Starfleet Academy, Legacy, etc... seem to have a more unique selection of ships. Particularly where the first game is concerned and including subsequent sequels allowed players to play a variety of different species with their own story arch, ship choices, etc...

Don't get me wrong, I love STO but CBS keeps popping up as being a major party pooper.
"The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward." - Rocky Balboa (2006)
Career Officer
# 117
01-22-2013, 10:46 AM
Because CBS owns Star Trek and has certain visions when it comes to their property.
Lt. Commander
# 118
01-22-2013, 10:50 AM
if you want to put a phaser lance on it, then sure. Otherwise, what's the point. No v neck for slipstream, no slot for the Aquarius which was specifically designed to give added firepower to the Odyssey, does not look like the saucer separates from the stardrive. what would be the point of this design?
Career Officer
# 119
01-22-2013, 10:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azurianstar View Post
That's a warp ring dude, not traditional linear starfleet warp nacelles.
Looks like Nacelles at the bottom end of the ring to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post
Anyone calling Valoreah a "Cryptic fanboy" must be new to the forum.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaguarskx View Post
The cost of actually commissioning an artisan to make a real physical model of my starship using 1 pound of 14k gold will probably cost less than creating a "gold ship" in STO.
Lt. Commander
# 120
01-22-2013, 10:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by artan42 View Post
Hell no! I would take the Jupiter over that...thing.
Jupiter SUCKS! Why do you think they replaced it ingame with the Galaxy Refit. Maneuverability is next to nothing, poor weapons layout, speed is non existent, hull integrity is terrible. A Jupiter is essentially a big, lumbering target.