Captain
# 51
01-20-2013, 12:50 AM
This reimagining of the Oddessy is sorry to say just plain ugly. The in game version is beautiful and elegant. The fan one lumpy awkward and just not nice. Sorry.
Monkey see, Monkey do. Monkey flings Feathered Monkey poo...
Starfleet Veteran
# 52
01-20-2013, 02:14 AM
uck. I havnt anything nice to say so i shouldnt say anything at all... But I realy dont like this design.
Survivor of Romulus
# 53
01-20-2013, 02:16 AM
i dont like ody as ship but this is jus WOW if they put this skin or re.mastered edition of ship i will buy full pack great design
Captain
# 54
01-20-2013, 02:49 AM
You design is a much needed improvement. Well done. If this were added in place of the current Odyssey, I would really be appreciative.

I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III

Click here to view my DeviantArt.
Career Officer
# 55
01-20-2013, 03:08 AM
I love how people say "Its not a Star fleet vessel", that's a rather narrow minded way of looking at it, The Defiant class does not conform with typical Star fleet design (No neck, no pylons, no separate nacelles) but it exists because Star fleet advance their technology and ship designs. Its about time this game started moving forward with its ship designs, This game is not set in the Star Wars universe where they use basically the same technology and designs for hundreds if not thousands of years.
Career Officer
# 56
01-20-2013, 03:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ussdelphin2 View Post
I love how people say "Its not a Star fleet vessel", that's a rather narrow minded way of looking at it, The Defiant class does not conform with typical Star fleet design (No neck, no pylons, no separate nacelles) but it exists because Star fleet advance their technology and ship designs. Its about time this game started moving forward with its ship designs, This game is not set in the Star Wars universe where they use basically the same technology and designs for hundreds if not thousands of years.
Pretty arrogant thing to say when the Defiant is a standard Starfleet Design. It was basically inspired off the Miranda as a modified Saucer with Warp Nacelles hinged on the sides, than off pylons.

But this Mod-Odyssey uses Ringed Warp Nacelles that are not standared with any Starfleet Vessel from the beginning all the way to the 26th Century. Even the Relativity did not use a Ring-Design, but more or less an intergrated Warp Nacelle. And let's not forget that the creator himself gave design rules that Federation ships had to follow, which this idea does not.

IMHO, there are better fan-made designs that Cryptic can put to use.
Captain
# 57
01-20-2013, 04:10 AM
I agree with ship designs never changing. Seems like Starfleet is forever stuck on this tradition of "flying spoons." A change is not only needed, but long overdue. The Defiant Class, and the resulting subfamilies, are a great start indeed. Now the progress needs to continue on with the larger ships as well.

I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III

Click here to view my DeviantArt.

Last edited by lindaleff; 01-20-2013 at 04:11 AM. Reason: Grammar changes......
Republic Veteran
# 58
01-20-2013, 06:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerobang View Post
OMG you guys:

http://colourbrand.deviantart.com/ar...cept-270029294

http://colourbrand.deviantart.com/ar...sion-314876347

Cryptic BUY THIS DUDE OUT and add it as Alternate Visual for the Oddy!
Just no. I don't even...
STO community Doom-O-Meter: |||||||||
Lieutenant
# 59
01-20-2013, 06:55 AM
I kinda agree with people the oddy now its just to big to ugly plus i think it should have a more streamlines design like the one this persons done as its supposed to be a slipstream type ship yh voyagers kinda similar to the oddy except its smaller but hasnt got a like weird split in the middle of it and voyager couldnt handle slipstream as it wasnt streamlined to handle the stress plus the oddys similar plus theres nothing wrong with a ultra modern design as how do you think they did the enterprise J and it makes starfleet ships more futuristic
Captain
# 60
01-20-2013, 07:16 AM
I can't wait to see the better designs from the naysayers.