Lt. Commander
I feel that most of Grand Nagus missions were right at the 15+ miniutes mark pending how good your equips are I really think you need to re-look at those and let them be counted as part Of Investigative Officer Reports Daily. Please look into this.
Career Officer
# 2
11-23-2012, 11:28 AM
If the assessment took into the account the average playtime for each missions I think it would be fairer. Personally, I don't spend 15 mins playing a Nagus daily, but some people might, and if the average playtime for such missions is 15 mins, then I think its only right for them to be eligible.

Having said that, I think the system is acting odd as a few 2 hour text heavy missions don't qualify either. What gives?
nynik | Join Date: Dec 2009
<Dev> Oaks@dstahl: *checks for CBS listening devices in the office*
Starfleet Veteran
# 3
11-23-2012, 11:57 AM
It is possible that those 2 hour text missions don't have many non-optional evnts in them? I don't think that the system recognizes any elements outside the storyboard as relevant for the Daily.
Starfleet Veteran
# 4
11-23-2012, 12:43 PM
One of these missions takes no longer than 5 min sorry
Federation Bushrangers
Federation & Imperial Bushrangers
Looking for an Australian/New Zealand fleet?
www.bushrangers.net
Starfleet Veteran
# 5
11-23-2012, 02:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkstocbr View Post
One of these missions takes no longer than 5 min sorry
It still involves effort, unlock the console clicking.
Career Officer
# 6
11-23-2012, 02:34 PM
To be fair, I can't fathom any set pattern to what qualifies and what doesn't. Several of my own projects which are high in combat and take over 30 minutes (at least) don't qualify, yet other missions I've run which take 10 minutes (at most) have qualified.

All this change has done, is killed off 99% of foundry missions. Nobody is going to play a mission which doesn't qualify and without knowing how to make my missions qualify, that sucks.
Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since Beta.
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs.
Take one down, patch it around.
127 little bugs in the code...
Lieutenant
# 7
11-23-2012, 04:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by khamseenair View Post
To be fair, I can't fathom any set pattern to what qualifies and what doesn't. Several of my own projects which are high in combat and take over 30 minutes (at least) don't qualify, yet other missions I've run which take 10 minutes (at most) have qualified.

All this change has done, is killed off 99% of foundry missions. Nobody is going to play a mission which doesn't qualify and without knowing how to make my missions qualify, that sucks.
It's possible they don't have any sort of real automated system to judge it, and instead they've got some intern or something going through mission by mission to figure out what qualifies and he or she hasn't gotten to them all yet.
Career Officer
# 8
11-23-2012, 05:13 PM
I do agree, the Nagus dailies should qualify for the officer reports.

I have zero wish to sift through missions to find ones that are remotely worth doing for that daily. For now the foundry doesn't exist for me until they fix the system.....
Captain
# 9
11-23-2012, 05:40 PM
Nagus dailies take me 2 minutes tops. Even on elite.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Ensign
# 10
11-23-2012, 10:49 PM
Well, it's probably just yet another attempt to limit the number of possible ways people can get a reasonable amount of dilithium without spending every minute of every day in-game. PWE seems to be intent on extracting as much money as they possibly can from from this game with as little effort on their part as possible. By making dilithium impossible to "farm" they force us to buy zen instead of trading dilithium for it.

The worst part about all of this is that this game actually has potential, if the devs weren't so obsessed with extorting every last penny from the players. I understand they need money to live like the rest of us, and I'm certain CBS isn't letting them use the Star Trek title and content for free, but it still seems to be a shame that they choose to ruin a good game by making us pay for every last bit of new content.

And I have no clue why I decided to type this all up, it's not like the devs will actually pay attention to us F2P players.
Closed Thread