Career Officer
I just came back to sto and was looking at these new rep's for omega and romulus, and found 1 BIG mistake perfect world did. That being that you "can not" start these reps till lvl 50 yet pretty much "ALL" the gear in the first tier of the omega is for lvl's 40-44, and first tier of romulus with second tiers of both reps are for lvl's 45-49/50. We don't even get the lvl 50 gear till tier 3.

So what pw should do is at lvl 40 (or 44, since 44 was when you could start regular STF's and get your borg ship set) open up Omega tier 1, then at 45 open up romulus tier 1-2 and omega tier 2. Then finally at lvl 50 open up tier's 3-5.

Just may have to make some new missions for lvl's 45-49's so they don't die every 10sec's trying to do lvl 50 missions to get the romulus marks.
Rihannsu
# 2
01-18-2013, 06:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xuel View Post
I just came back to sto and was looking at these new rep's for omega and romulus, and found 1 BIG mistake perfect world did. That being that you "can not" start these reps till lvl 50 yet pretty much "ALL" the gear in the first tier of the omega is for lvl's 40-44, and first tier of romulus with second tiers of both reps are for lvl's 45-49/50. We don't even get the lvl 50 gear till tier 3.

So what pw should do is at lvl 40 (or 44, since 44 was when you could start regular STF's and get your borg ship set) open up Omega tier 1, then at 45 open up romulus tier 1-2 and omega tier 2. Then finally at lvl 50 open up tier's 3-5.

Just may have to make some new missions for lvl's 45-49's so they don't die every 10sec's trying to do lvl 50 missions to get the romulus marks.
Xuel, I think you're looking at this from the perspective of someone who was already level 50 and had probably been level 50 for a long time when the rep system came out. Look at it from the perspective of a relatively new player (or someone running an alt who hasn't given them hand-me-down gear from another character) -- that person at 50 is probably using a mix of green and blue X and XI gear, including a lot of mission reward stuff that either gets some of its color from gimmick traits or that isn't a perfect match for his or her build.

In that context, a purple mk X item -- even a good blue mk X item -- is often going to be an upgrade. Moreover, those rewards aren't designed as an end point. What those early rewards do is give those newly-minted Vice Admirals and Lieutenant Generals the gear they need to get started in endgame content. With Purple mk. X gear, those new 50s can now start getting in on Elite STFs without being a liability.

While I think some folks would like to be able to participate in the rep system at lower level, I don't think that's a good game design decision. There is already a lot of content for players in that level range, and the rep system serves as the de facto levels 51-60... if you let someone start on that path before they hit 50, you undermine the "level-like" properties of the rep tiers.

TL;DR: I dig what you're saying, but despite the annoying for experienced level 50 characters in the short-term, long-term I think PWE made the right decision here from a content maximization point of view.
Captain
# 3
01-18-2013, 07:44 PM
You can start doing normal STF's at level 44 so that is when the Omega reputation should start because making you do missions and have to wait to level up multiple more times (6) and then spend resources/commodities to unlock the ability to open up the store is moronic. The reputation system was not well planed and implemented. Someone will have to do many STF's poorly equipped because they cant start getting anything of worth.

I think STF's should start at level 40 with the Omega reputation system starting at that time and the MK X Omega store should be open. All one needs to do is complete some STF missions and have what is needed for a decent set to help you the rest of the way. I have seen people poorly equipped because the current system making you have to do so much for decent gear and that is bad. The top gear and tier I can understand making you wait but not for the lowest tier.
Career Officer
# 4
01-19-2013, 07:15 AM
Unless they decided that level 44-50 will be changed into a long extended grind...i dont see why PW has to change the Rep system availability.

FYI: I Doff'd my main to 50, within a month in my leisure.