Ensign
# 11
01-20-2013, 02:02 AM
Yea, i have Heghta BOP already, and i was flying it for some time with my science captain,but ... i do not like to flying cloaked as a science ship and decloak every time i want to use my science ability. And as science ship with heavy CC, you have aggro many times, so i do not think it is the best idea for elite STFs and PVE to fly science BOP. In PvP it is different.

I go for more "expensive" stuff cause i already have quite a shipyard, including Kar'fi, Heghta BOP, Fleet Tor'kath, Fleet Scourge Destroyer and Bortas cruiser, so only one ship i really missing is either real science ship or more powerfull carrier ( with 10th console slot, bonus shield and hull, like fleet ships or lockbox ships) but i must admit Kar'fi is still beast even without 10th console and bonus stats of fleet/lockbox ships

Last edited by lister1987; 01-20-2013 at 02:08 AM.
Career Officer
# 12
01-20-2013, 02:53 AM
Sounds like you're going for the Orb then. But save up for the Recluse as well. The Orb's consoles can fit on the Recluse too and it's basically a larger, more flexible Orb with fighters. In PvE, you can even get away with using DBBs. With some work, you can match your Kar-fi's offensive abilities too.

Sometimes you just miss being in a big, fat tar... targh of a ship.
Ensign
# 13
01-20-2013, 03:25 AM
You are right, carriers are fun, that is why i like Kar'fi the most of all my ships i have at present :-) Recluse has tons of HP and very strong shields + universal cmdr slot, so it is very customizable. But its high price (at least double compared to Orb Weaver) makes me thinking of Orb first. If both of them cost nearly the same, i will probably pick the Recluse.
Captain
# 14
01-20-2013, 06:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lister1987 View Post
Yea, i have Heghta BOP already, and i was flying it for some time with my science captain,but ... i do not like to flying cloaked as a science ship and decloak every time i want to use my science ability. And as science ship with heavy CC, you have aggro many times, so i do not think it is the best idea for elite STFs and PVE to fly science BOP. In PvP it is different.

I go for more "expensive" stuff cause i already have quite a shipyard, including Kar'fi, Heghta BOP, Fleet Tor'kath, Fleet Scourge Destroyer and Bortas cruiser, so only one ship i really missing is either real science ship or more powerfull carrier ( with 10th console slot, bonus shield and hull, like fleet ships or lockbox ships) but i must admit Kar'fi is still beast even without 10th console and bonus stats of fleet/lockbox ships

Go for a B'rel retrofit then? Battlecloak would be viable for a sci skill barrage and it even doubles as a awesome torp/mine boat for added fun with zero weapon energy use