Lt. Commander

Title: ?The Sky Above, The Clouds Below?

Faction: Federation

Level: Any

Description: Your ship has been assigned to a patrol sweep of the Tau6 Eridani system in the Pi Canis Sector Block. This system is under non-interference directive protection, but is close to the fluid Pi Canis front lines in the ongoing Klingon War. While you are doing your patrol duties, on the protected planet a native astronomer observes your craft which puts into motion a series of events which you observe as a ?fly on the wall? in between episodes of your ship pursuing those who would cause trouble for the protected planet.

Author?s Note: This story is designed to unfold as if you were part of a television episode, your actions are interactive for the Star Fleet portion?for the native species interludes you are reading dialog and following the planet-side storyline, however if you wish to skip this you can simply click ?End Dialog? and move on to the next Star Fleet scene.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-09-2013, 08:01 AM
Note: I've corrected whatever changed recently that caused some contacts to fall into oblivion and be unavailable.
Real Sector Maps - Online Atlas - for Star Trek/STO
Foundry Missions:
Scepter of Minos * Grapok in the Generals Lung * The Sky Above, The Clouds Below * Legend of the Inspector General (16+) * Miridoor (41+) * Survival Must Be Earned (a Klingon Romeo and Juliet story)
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-12-2013, 08:42 AM
CatStar review for this mission:

Quote:

The Sky Above, The Clouds Below

By: @malize

"While dealing with your everyday Klingon encounter, we are given more of a story of those often unseen durring a mission. The one the author conveys is reminiscent of the Peril Galileo faced. The story and dialoge is put out there well and does exactly as the author intends, I recomend you take time to read the story, its plays out nicely and would be a good RP mission for TOS fans.

"Odd pluck" lol.

STORY QUALITY: 4/5

ACTION: 3/5

CREATIVITY: 5/5

STAR TREK THEMED: 5/5"
http://www.catstarsto.com/federation-foundry-reviews-2
Foundry Missions:
Scepter of Minos * Grapok in the Generals Lung * The Sky Above, The Clouds Below * Legend of the Inspector General (16+) * Miridoor (41+) * Survival Must Be Earned (a Klingon Romeo and Juliet story)

Last edited by realmalize; 04-12-2013 at 08:45 AM.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-15-2013, 07:50 AM
Reviewed in the latest Foundry Roundtable webisode.

Edit: As a plus Idrona did a video play through of this episode, available on youtube.
Foundry Missions:

Last edited by realmalize; 04-15-2013 at 09:57 AM.
Captain
# 5
04-17-2013, 02:20 PM
Gave this mission a play through last night. I really enjoyed it. The characters and story were great. The combat is difficult though. Great creative storytelling.
Play more STO Foundry! (You can thank me later.)

A TIME TO SEARCH: ENTER MY FOUNDRY MISSION at the RISA SYSTEM in the SIRIUS SECTOR
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-14-2013, 10:59 AM
thx linc
Foundry Missions:
Lieutenant
# 7
06-18-2013, 08:21 AM
While I am enjoying this mission immensely, I've run into a problem at the map where I am supposed to pursue the Klingon shuttle. On my map, the planet is NOT in the center of the target circle, but totally outside of it, and I am unable to find the trigger point where the story will move forward. I tried warping out and starting over, but the same problem occurred. I looked at the play through on youtube and there, the planet is located in the middle of the green target circle, although the player did have to search for quite a while before he/she was able to move the story forward. Not sure what might be causing this.....I ran into a similar situation while trying to play part 2 of Beneath the Raptors Wing by rickysmith1. Does anyone have any insight into this? Any help or comments would be appreciated. Thanks.
Lt. Commander
# 8
06-19-2013, 12:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by malek3 View Post
While I am enjoying this mission immensely, I've run into a problem at the map where I am supposed to pursue the Klingon shuttle. On my map, the planet is NOT in the center of the target circle, but totally outside of it, and I am unable to find the trigger point where the story will move forward. I tried warping out and starting over, but the same problem occurred. I looked at the play through on youtube and there, the planet is located in the middle of the green target circle, although the player did have to search for quite a while before he/she was able to move the story forward. Not sure what might be causing this.....I ran into a similar situation while trying to play part 2 of Beneath the Raptors Wing by rickysmith1. Does anyone have any insight into this? Any help or comments would be appreciated. Thanks.
Ugh...it's not unusual for something to "change" after an update. I had another mission that after some new tags were added in an update it caused everything to go wonky.

I'll try to get into the foundry and find out more, but last I heard it was "down"...
Foundry Missions:
Lieutenant
# 9
06-19-2013, 03:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by realmalize View Post
Ugh...it's not unusual for something to "change" after an update. I had another mission that after some new tags were added in an update it caused everything to go wonky.

I'll try to get into the foundry and find out more, but last I heard it was "down"...
Thanks. Understand the problems that the update caused the Foundry missions. Hopefully it will be addressed at some point. I love the community authored content and respect and admire all of you talented and dedicated artists! Will keep checking back and hope things are cleared up sooner than later.
Lieutenant
# 10
06-20-2013, 07:33 PM
Happy to report that I was able to complete your mission this evening as things seem to have been fixed with today's patch.
I have to say that I found the storyline extremely creative.....I read the entire thing and the dialogue was excellent and wonderfully written. You have an extraordinary talent! The ending was as it should have been! Reality bites sometimes! Thank you so much for your efforts on our behalf! They are very much appreciated!