Starfleet Veteran
# 1 Nadeon Detonator and HYT
01-19-2013, 09:14 PM
I read that the Nadeon Detonator now works with all torpedoes, so I am thinking about getting the ship that comes with it. However I want to know how does it work in relation to torpedo abilities, like High Yield? Can you use both the nadeon detonator and a high yield torp at the same time, or does it make you choose one or the other?
Captain
# 2
01-19-2013, 09:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamiyama317 View Post
I read that the Nadeon Detonator now works with all torpedoes, so I am thinking about getting the ship that comes with it. However I want to know how does it work in relation to torpedo abilities, like High Yield? Can you use both the nadeon detonator and a high yield torp at the same time, or does it make you choose one or the other?
It works like any other Torpedo skill, which means you can only have one effecting your next torpedo at any given time.
Ainu - Join Date: Aug 2008
Foundry Missions: 1) The Source of Power (ST-HSWUBD5TQ) [Federation] 16+
-----=====*****<[ Fleet Recruitment Thread ]>*****=====-----
Starfleet Veteran
# 3
01-19-2013, 09:48 PM
Bleh. I guess I won't get it then. Thanks for your help!
Starfleet Veteran
# 4
01-20-2013, 02:08 AM
Not only does the ability start a global cool down on other torpedo skills, it also has a stupidly long cooldown of its own. For damage doing purposess it is inferior to a spred and the shockwave disperses you enemies making other AOE attacks less effective.

This console should only be considerd seriusly if it is to be enhanced by photonic studdies doffs and used together with the regular shockwave ability for consecutive ship stunning strikes.

I have put together such a ship and it dosnt do badly in pvp as it is not somthing any one has any experiance dealing with. But it is an expensive build that is useless for pve and easily trumped in pvp once your oponent lerns to adapt. ... ... asuming you have an inteligent oponent.
Commander
# 5
01-20-2013, 11:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwstolemyname View Post
Not only does the ability start a global cool down on other torpedo skills, it also has a stupidly long cooldown of its own. For damage doing purposess it is inferior to a spred and the shockwave disperses you enemies making other AOE attacks less effective.

This console should only be considerd seriusly if it is to be enhanced by photonic studdies doffs and used together with the regular shockwave ability for consecutive ship stunning strikes.

I have put together such a ship and it dosnt do badly in pvp as it is not somthing any one has any experiance dealing with. But it is an expensive build that is useless for pve and easily trumped in pvp once your oponent lerns to adapt. ... ... asuming you have an inteligent oponent.
HOWEVER, I discovered something really interesting about the console while flying my Bellerophon lately.

I put a Tricobalt torpedo on my Bellerophon, and when I use the console, the torpedo cooldown is just 15 seconds. So I can shoot a Nadeon Tricobalt torpedo and was able to shoot another one 15 seconds later. Just food for thought.
Career Officer
# 6
01-20-2013, 10:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by undyingzero View Post
HOWEVER, I discovered something really interesting about the console while flying my Bellerophon lately.

I put a Tricobalt torpedo on my Bellerophon, and when I use the console, the torpedo cooldown is just 15 seconds. So I can shoot a Nadeon Tricobalt torpedo and was able to shoot another one 15 seconds later. Just food for thought.
For the next three-and-a-half days, anyway.