Lt. Commander
# 251
08-10-2008, 03:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberwolfman View Post
OMG that's my rig, except my vid card is an 8600 GTS superclocked

Tron...gotta love them damned recognizers
Not to go off topic...

I spent about $2,400 for my PC. I bought bleeding edge... I think it will hold good for a while.

And yes... Tron is one of a kind.
Lt. Commander
# 252
08-10-2008, 04:02 PM
That webcast was phenomenal. Everything I wanted to hear from cryptic was said. I just hope they can deliver everything they talked about ... they have a big task ahead of them.
Lt. Commander
# 253
08-10-2008, 04:05 PM
The trailer looks great. I missd the webcast though...did they give an idea of timeframe for release?
Lt. Commander
# 254
08-10-2008, 04:12 PM
I think they said something in the neighborhood of under 3 years from now the game will be out. Considering how large an MMORPG is that's an impressive time line. I missed a lot of the begining due to my stupid Time Warner Cable modem giving me problems. Had to reset the darned thing to view the webcast.
(I think they are trying to limit my bandwidth)
Lt. Commander
# 255
08-10-2008, 04:13 PM
Quote:
I think they said something in the neighborhood of under 3 years from now the game will be out. Considering how large an MMORPG is that's an impressive time line. I missed a lot of the begining due to my stupid Time Warner Cable modem giving me problems. Had to reset the darned thing to view the webcast.
(I think they are trying to limit my bandwidth)
It's illegal to limit bandwidth... probably just a bunch of kiddies playing WoW. ;O
Lt. Commander
# 256
08-10-2008, 04:22 PM
Oh yeah, I know it's illeagal, that's why I've been tracking it every 10 minutes for the last 3 weeks and I've found some disturbing results.

But....by the time STO is out I'll have a fiber internet connection ( I hope ) So I won't have to deal with Time Warner any longer.

I have a 10 meg connection now so I don't have any lag on WoW but might need more bandwidth in a few years.
Lt. Commander
# 257
08-10-2008, 04:39 PM
Quote:
Oh yeah, I know it's illeagal, that's why I've been tracking it every 10 minutes for the last 3 weeks and I've found some disturbing results.

But....by the time STO is out I'll have a fiber internet connection ( I hope ) So I won't have to deal with Time Warner any longer.

I have a 10 meg connection now so I don't have any lag on WoW but might need more bandwidth in a few years.
You could use a 14.4bps modem and have no lag on WoW. Lol.
Lt. Commander
# 258
08-10-2008, 04:49 PM
Wow, I'm really happy how 'on the ball' they are on posting media. I recorded the webcast and almost finished uploading it plus the trailer and they've already got both up on the site. Actions speak louder than words and it's stuff like this that makes Cryptic look like it's much more serious than Perpetual about STO.
Lt. Commander
# 259
08-10-2008, 05:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by keptin View Post
Wow, I'm really happy how 'on the ball' they are on posting media. I recorded the webcast and almost finished uploading it plus the trailer and they've already got both up on the site. Actions speak louder than words and it's stuff like this that makes Cryptic look like it's much more serious than Perpetual about STO.
I would agree with that.

Thanks for the speedy posting for us that were not home to catch it live!
Lt. Commander
# 260
08-10-2008, 05:13 PM
I think i just had a geekgasm watching the trailer...