Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Ten Forward
Login

Career Officer
This is a game introduced by the hosts of The G&T Show. The premise is simple, your ship is on the verge of distruction and your group o five are the last aboard. However the lifepod only has room for four.

This week's theme is Doctors. Its up to you who to take and who to leave behind.

Leonard McCoy
Beverly Crusher
Julian Bashir
Phlox

(Yes, we omitted a few options or simplicity's sake.)

Who do you bring and who goes down with the ship? Have fun!
Also known as Gingie(In game) Sskald(Gates of Sto-vo-kor)
Career Officer
# 2
01-21-2013, 10:58 AM
My picks

Bashir: No brainer, hyper inteligent and ambitious.
Phlox: Resourceful, optimistic, and very fun.
Crusher: Well...she's female.
Also known as Gingie(In game) Sskald(Gates of Sto-vo-kor)
Survivor of Remus
# 3
01-21-2013, 11:01 AM
There are only four doctors listed here. Is it supposed that *I* am the fifth option?
Career Officer
# 4
01-21-2013, 11:06 AM
I was not expecting to see our little game here, but I am pleased to see it. My choice was discussed on the show, but I will post my choice and reasoning here.

I picked to leave McCoy behind.

The reason: I am Klingon and he couldn't save Chancellor Gorkon. So, for me, a doctor unfamiliar with Klingon physiology will not be a benefit, and will only drain resources.

So there you go. How about you?
Career Officer
# 5
01-21-2013, 11:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squatsauce View Post
There are only four doctors listed here. Is it supposed that *I* am the fifth option?
If it helps, the shuttle pod only seats four, and you're the pilot.
Survivor of Remus
# 6
01-21-2013, 11:16 AM
There are two correct answers to this:

Answer 1: Phlox and McCoy are both long-dead, meaning that they are probably part of the Doctor Zombie Invasion that overran my ship. In this case, the answer is to leave them both behind as they will both be equally tiresome and "brain nommy" the entire trip.

Answer 2: Crusher and Bashir will not be born for quite some time, meaning they are probably part of the Future Doctor Ghost Invasion that overran my ship. In this case, the answer is to leave them both behind as they will try to haunt our rations and smear ectoplasm all over my piloting console.
Career Officer
# 7
01-21-2013, 11:54 AM
And I can only leave one behind, you say? I don't like this game!

Well, alright, I guess I'll take McCoy with me, cause you know, he only doctored his way up to the rank of admiral and frankly, misery loves company. Oh how much fun we'll have, picking on Bashir (useful when the tricorder runs out of go-juice) and Crusher, who really doesn't bring that much to the table, besides having spawned an annoying little brat that can travel through space, time and alternate dimensions on the power of Roddiechlorians alone. Could come in handy, I suppose, if you can put up with the travelling companion. (I do hope there's a phaser on this pod.)

That leaves Phlox minding the ship (be a pal, run to Engineering to see if I left the warpcore breach on), as it's highly unlikely I'll be setting the escape pod down anywhere that has a civilization in dire need of extinction.
Reave
Captain
# 8
01-21-2013, 02:52 PM
I'd leave McCoy, because he was always racially abusing Spock...
Survivor of Remus
# 9
01-21-2013, 03:00 PM
Another solution presents itself. Bashir is a serviceable pilot whereas I am hilariously unqualified to captain a space ship and possess little to no useful talents. Plus, I think I'd rather be dead than put in a can with that neurotic mess of humanity (and also an alien). So, there's that option.
Career Officer
# 10
01-21-2013, 04:07 PM
It's very kind of you to tout our new silly game - loving the answers so far! Leave it up to Trekkies to analyze the heck out of it and that's exactly why we came up with the idea in the first place!

Looking forward to more answers/analyses and don't be afraid to send in your ideas for the next Life Pod One segments to our site!

BTW - my answer was Crusher. If I had to crash land on a planet she simply didn't show that she had the rough field training that Bashir, Phlox or McCoy had. Heck - Bashir is genetically geared for survival. McCoy is a "country doctor" and can set bones blindfolded (even if he is a racist jerk at times) and Phlox could probably cure what ailed us with some local bat guano and mushroom spores.