Community Moderator
Hey Everybody,

I've come up with a new project and want to share it with you guys on the forums, hopefully getting some feedback and input on it as we go - and with a touch of luck sharing some interesting ideas for other people in my situation!

Background
I've been looking for a new toon to play for some time, however as I've got eight or nine toons already, and have played 'most' of the storyline for 'most' of them - doing the same again is getting a touch on the dull side.

I've also come to feel lots of threads of story in the typical STO plot are left hanging, or are simply sub-par compared to the most recent writing.

The Project
My aim is to take a new character through the game using the Foundry as my major method of advancing. My goal will be to create a series of missions that give myself, and other players, a full feeling of being in a conflict with the Klingon Defence Force, without removing the Star Trek feel from the game.

Whilst I will be predominantly be using Foundry Missions to advance I am not adverse to using Cryptic Missions that fit the theme, or strike me as interesting asides that my character may run across - think how the Dominion War ran in DS9 - it was the major focus, but Sisko did get caught up in other events as these series went on.

Events I plan to take part in at the moment include:
The Deep Space Nine Feature Episode Series - The 2409
The Deferi Feature Episode Series
The Special Task Forces.

What Now?
Well I want this to be a community project, with input from the forums helping shape what happens, and when. I'll be looking at this thread regularly for input and ideas for orders for my captain! I will update the second post in this thread with details about the missions I've played, and how they went for my captain, and update this first post with the mission for the week for you guys!

Mission One - Who Am I?
Mission Two - Incoming Hail...
Until we hit level nine where the Investigate Officer Reports daily becomes available I'm going to stick to the standard STO Klingon War relevant missions. This will take us to roughly The 'Kuvah'Magh' I'm now looking for some good KDF/Federation conflict missions from the foundry to slot in after this stage. Suggestions and brief missions summaries please!
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online Forums. My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment.
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a 'forums and website' support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.

Last edited by tobar26th; 01-23-2013 at 04:27 AM.
Community Moderator
# 2
01-20-2013, 10:23 AM
Captain's Logs

Mission 1 - Stranded in Space
Lieutenant M'Rell fresh in the captain's chair sets out on patrol when the ship receives a distress call from a Bolian freighter...

Mission 2 - Diplomatic Orders
Admiral Quinn hails the Cooper with a routine mission to transport a Vulcan ambassador to a monastery.

Mission 3 - Relics (Foundry Spotlight Mission)
Your ship receives a hail asking you to investigate the Klingon interest in a planet near the neutral zone. Without giving anything away this is a very well built mission, and makes a great lead in for a new captain, given your battlefield promotion.

Certain crew member's actions feel a bit odd, but if you play this one following your promotion to captain it makes sense really. One of the more trek missions I've seen so far, with a couple of threads tying to a logical end.

Mission 4 - First Cause, Then Effect (Foundry Spotlight Mission)
Your crew is tasked to investigate a missing Federation dignitary where they suspect foul play by the Klingons. Upon arrival things are much more complicated than they first appear.

Features some impressive foundry mechanics that make you go 'huh? How'd they do that...'

Mission 5 - The Syndicate Extraction (Foundry Spotlight Mission)

Your crew is sent to retrieve an intelligence operative who has been in deep cover investigating the connection between the Orions and the Klingon Empire.

Mission 6 - To Helna and Back

No mission starting at Risa can ever end badly right.... right Helna? The hapless ensign Helna gets wrapped up in a Klingon plot, but will her involvement save the day, or cause disaster?

Mission 7 - Massacare on Jassu 264

This mission sounds good on paper, a squad of Nausicaan pirates have swept over a small Tellarite mining operation. Your crew beam down to investigate and your ship is taken out of the picture by Nausicaan destroyers, sadly it turns out to be little more than a glorified grind, a shame as the plot concept had me thinking of the Siege of AR-52 (that's the number right?) in DS9 which was truly epic.

Mission 8 - A Light to Guide Us

A mission to save research data along the Klingon Neutral zone reveals a unique opportunity for you to end the Federation/Klingon War, but will you take it?
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online Forums. My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment.
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a 'forums and website' support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.

Last edited by tobar26th; 03-20-2013 at 04:43 AM.
Community Moderator
# 3
01-20-2013, 10:23 AM
Foundry Missions Suggested for Use
  • Hunt for the Daq'Dug'
  • Resolution Series
  • City of the Pomar Ree
  • To Helna and Back - Completed

Last edited by tobar26th; 03-20-2013 at 04:42 AM.
Community Moderator
# 4
01-20-2013, 10:24 AM
Final expansion slot
Captain
# 5
01-20-2013, 11:34 AM
I would say before I go into any more suggestions about who your captain should be, really need to know more about what kinds of captains you already have. Since, have the fun is how the experience is for you, you want something unique to you. So what Species have you already played? What species from the series do you love and want to expand on? Since half the fun of this sound like a mild roleplaying element, it might be interesting to explore more on a particular species you might be interested in. Same with genders, which have you played with more?
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-20-2013, 11:38 AM
I would say that this belongs in Ten Forward.
Community Moderator
# 7
01-20-2013, 12:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by voyagerfan9751 View Post
I would say before I go into any more suggestions about who your captain should be, really need to know more about what kinds of captains you already have. Since, have the fun is how the experience is for you, you want something unique to you. So what Species have you already played? What species from the series do you love and want to expand on? Since half the fun of this sound like a mild roleplaying element, it might be interesting to explore more on a particular species you might be interested in. Same with genders, which have you played with more?
Ok, this is a valid thought

I've got a few toons.

Tobar - a male Bajoran tactical captain who I rarely play, simply because he always felt a bit bland for a tactical captain - Kira made a militiant Bajoran look fun - it just wasn't.

Halora - a female Bolian tactical captain, I role play her as a time traveller who accidentally killed a Starfleet captain and took her place to preserve the timeline, she flies a variety of ships though 'mainly' a Wells class.

Sozuu - a Trill Engineer female, joined - flys a Gal-X - not much of a background to her but is fun to fly around with.

Rrul - a diplomatic Catian male - a science captain by trade and flies the Atrox - I don't really play him, but that's more lack of time than anything else to be honest. The atrox doesnt much fit my generally casual playstyle.

Gral - a male Tellarite science officer, role played as a tellarite (argumentative, abrupt) flies a Luna class starship and can be fun to CC with.

So there's some general thoughts on my captains, it's not the fullest detail but it gives you a rough concept. The captain will primarily played solo as I tend to find most Foundry missions benefit from solo play due to them being story rather than pew pew.

Quote:
I would say that this belongs in Ten Forward.
I'm open to that thought It's an either of many - I could also debate Foundry discussion hehe.
Survivor of Romulus
# 8
01-20-2013, 02:18 PM
Hi,

Just wanted to wish you good luck with this project.

The Deferi Feature Episode Series is a good choice I think.

*sneaks away*
Starfleet Veteran
# 9
01-20-2013, 02:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobar26th View Post
Ok, this is a valid thought

I've got a few toons.

Tobar - a male Bajoran tactical captain who I rarely play, simply because he always felt a bit bland for a tactical captain - Kira made a militiant Bajoran look fun - it just wasn't.

Halora - a female Bolian tactical captain, I role play her as a time traveller who accidentally killed a Starfleet captain and took her place to preserve the timeline, she flies a variety of ships though 'mainly' a Wells class.

Sozuu - a Trill Engineer female, joined - flys a Gal-X - not much of a background to her but is fun to fly around with.

Rrul - a diplomatic Catian male - a science captain by trade and flies the Atrox - I don't really play him, but that's more lack of time than anything else to be honest. The atrox doesnt much fit my generally casual playstyle.

Gral - a male Tellarite science officer, role played as a tellarite (argumentative, abrupt) flies a Luna class starship and can be fun to CC with.

So there's some general thoughts on my captains, it's not the fullest detail but it gives you a rough concept. The captain will primarily played solo as I tend to find most Foundry missions benefit from solo play due to them being story rather than pew pew.

I'm open to that thought It's an either of many - I could also debate Foundry discussion hehe.
Maybe a Pakled male named Bobo, who's Ferengi First Officer is up to all kinds of shenanigans, and is the real captain of the ship. Make it so he rewires control panels to do funny things to Captain Bobo, get a whole Colonel Klink/Hogan thing going on.
Captain
# 10
01-20-2013, 02:52 PM
ok, in non-canon sources it was hinted that saavik was half romulan. Spock was half vulcan, and B'elanna was half klingon. I think the dual parentage thing really opens possibilities. a half rom having to fire on his own people? ditto for a half klingon? having to explore that "dark side" of their makeup to save the federation..