Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Ten Forward
Login

Captain
# 51
01-21-2013, 10:57 PM
I may have missed it, but it occurs to me that I do not believe anyone has mentioned the Lexx.

Now THERE is an argument for DPS winning the game.
Captain
# 52
01-21-2013, 11:47 PM
Rihannsu
# 53
01-22-2013, 03:44 AM
+1 for NSEA Protector
+1 for the Galactica

and my personal proposal:

the "Leif Erikson II"
http://www.rz-journal.de/Downl/2375.html

Okay, it would probably have docking space for... ESD... but still...
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Promote what you love, instead of bashing what you hate.
Captain
# 54
01-22-2013, 06:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flash525 View Post
Oh I'm not so sure.

The "Ancients" were always more powerful than the Asgard (and the Furlings, and the Nox). The mere fact they built a flying city should be proof enough of that. The Ancients and the Ori are from the same race (essentially) and Ori ships managed to rip through that Asgard ship when they first came through the supergate to invade our Galaxy.
Not entirely accurate. Ori ships weren't crewed by Ori, but by their human devotees. The tech was given by the Ori though (one of the many examples of their "cheating" in their "war" with the Ascended Ancients).

Also, I'm fairly certain it was one Asgard science ship (we only see it for a few seconds on screen I believe, and it doesn't play much of a role in the actual battle), not one of their warships.

Quote:
Originally Posted by squatsauce View Post
I would very much like to fly around in friend Bengal Class Strike Carrier.

http://www.wcplanet.com/wp-content/u...n-1024x819.jpg
No phase shields, limited guns and relying completely on fighter craft for survival?

At least go for a Confederation-class or later.

And seriously, six pages and nobody clamors for a Glorious Heritage class ship?

For shame...
Captain
# 55
01-22-2013, 06:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flash525 View Post
I'd have to go with a Goa'uld Ha'tak from Stargate.

Not just any Ha'tak but Anubis' Ha'tak. Because not only do you gain the ship itself but legions of gliders, a nifty personal shuttle, and a rather nice set of console extras.

Quote:
Originally Posted by c0nd1t10nr3d View Post
Indeed! (said in a Teal'c voice ) - It would be a cool ship for the KDF!

And for the FEDs - The 304 class USS Daedalus!
You say that a lot. Indeed. *Ronon Dex imitation Teal'c voice*

Quote:
Originally Posted by mondoid View Post
The Protoss Carrier from starcraft, we already have the Terran Battle-cruiser (Bortas), it could launch scouts and phoenixes.
Yes, but the Bortas doesn't exclaim: Who called in the fleet?
All cloaks should be canon.
Lieutenant
# 56
01-22-2013, 07:17 AM
Reaper ship most definitly.
http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Reaper

Sovereign: We have no beginning. We have no end. We are infinite. Millions of years after your civilization has been eradicated and forgotten, we will endure.
Survivor of Remus
# 57
01-22-2013, 09:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stirling191 View Post
No phase shields, limited guns and relying completely on fighter craft for survival?

At least go for a Confederation-class or later.
Why would I do that? The tech differential between Trek and WC is so vast that it wouldn't amount to much. The Confederation class would be only slightly less completely outmatched. And the Bengal Class looks more interesting anyway.

No, the important thing is to try and capture the spirit of the original ship while balancing it so that it was suitable to play in STO. Restrict it to turret-grade weapons, make it turn like a brick, and make sure that most of it's firepower comes from the three wings of mine-laying Raptor fighters it totes along. Give it a special console that lets it do a "magnum launch" to give it a temporary 4th wing and you'll be good.
Empire Veteran
# 58
01-22-2013, 09:54 AM
A Viper MkII Die Toaster DIE!

Heir to the high pony of holier than thou, Guardian of the Sacred Mallet of Thwarting, and giver of Baptismal raspberries since 02/02/2010
Starfleet Veteran
# 59
01-22-2013, 10:12 AM
I'll take one Tier 7 Space Battleship Yamato please!

Fleet of Klingon ships inbound?... What fleet of Klingon ships?
Captain
# 60
01-22-2013, 10:22 AM
Quote:
Why would I do that? The tech differential between Trek and WC is so vast that it wouldn't amount to much. The Confederation class would be only slightly less completely outmatched. And the Bengal Class looks more interesting anyway.
Two words for you sir: Antimatter Cannon

Quote:
No, the important thing is to try and capture the spirit of the original ship while balancing it so that it was suitable to play in STO. Restrict it to turret-grade weapons, make it turn like a brick, and make sure that most of it's firepower comes from the three wings of mine-laying Raptor fighters it totes along. Give it a special console that lets it do a "magnum launch" to give it a temporary 4th wing and you'll be good.

Give me a flight of Broadswords screened by Rapiers (or better yet, Morningstars) any day.