Captain
EDIT: Finally resolved this problem. Thread can be locked, Thanks!

Like the title says, today I formatted my HDD in order to eliminate a whole bunch of problems I had with my PC. Before hand though, I backed up my STO files so that I wouldn't have to download the whole game again.

Now I have a big problem! Copying the files over to where they were before (C:\Users\Public\Games\Cryptic Studios) doesn't seem to work. When I opened the launcher it tried to download the entire game again. After following some advice from another thread on the forums here, I decided to try to download the installer again, run it and see if that fixed things. However, Now ARC is the main platform and there's no longer a stand alone installer.

I let Arc run through the 107MB install for the launcher but then the launcher still wants to download the entire game again!

There must be a way to use my old install files to get STO going again without having to download the whole thing again? Can anyone help me in some way? Thanks in advance!

Last edited by c0nd1t10nr3d; 08-02-2013 at 12:51 PM.
Career Officer
# 2
08-02-2013, 12:01 PM
If you have the .hogg files, then you pretty much have the game.

I know steam has a variant that you can use without arc, so if you have that...
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports - I don't like Gekos
Survivor of Romulus
# 3
08-02-2013, 12:06 PM
Check your STO folder for the executable file, make a shortcut to the desktop and try that. Problem is the ARC installer checks the registry for the install path, and since you copied it there's no info in the registry for it, so ARC assumes it's not installed. Hope this helps.
Captain
# 4
08-02-2013, 12:50 PM
Thanks for the tips guys. I finally managed to get STO working again. Turned out that I had a backUp of the Old STO installer on my external HDD that I had forgotten about. So, I was able to uninstall Arc, delete the files I had copied over, Ran the Installer, Copied the files over again and BOOM... STO Up And Running Again!

I guess it was all due to that Registry entry that is created by the installer that fixed everything.

Anyway, Thanks again guys!
Survivor of Romulus
# 5
08-02-2013, 12:59 PM
That's great! See you in game