Lt. Commander
# 1 The Ultimate Bad Guy
01-25-2013, 03:10 AM
Who do you guys think is the ultimate bad guy in Star Trek. Out of the entire universe, I think Khan is by far the baddest of em all, or at least he would have been had he not been stranded on Ceti Alpha 5.
*Me*Why don't you just step away from the weapons console. You and I both know that you couldn't hit that cube, even if it was right in front of us.
*Junior Tactical Officer* But sir the cube IS right in front of us.
*Me* EXACTLY! Its right in front of us and you still missed it! Just step away from the console.
Career Officer
# 2
01-25-2013, 03:37 AM
Khan definately takes the top spot. no arguments with that Josh.

I'd probably say Shinzon for number 2 as I do love Mr. Hardy! but equally the writing for Nemesis was a little bit poor, I mean come on! Shinzon wipes out Romulan Diplomats with Thalaron Radiation... completely makes Remans Bad Ass! but somehow fails although he should of really won, thats pretty awesome!

RachelJ88
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-25-2013, 10:46 AM
I gain more respect for Kruge every time I rewatch Search for Spock. He has a goal in mind that's rational and makes sense, dedicates his activities toward that singular goal, gets rid of the incompetent, was smart enough to tell when Kirk was bluffing, and was savvy enough to make Kirk work for every victory, large or small.

Kirk: You should take the Vulcan.
Kruge: No.
Kirk: But why?
Kruge: Because you wish it!

Khan's rage and arrogance screwed him over. Kruge made Kirk work for everything, and it cost Kirk with his ship and his son. I honestly can't think of a single Star Trek villain (at least in the movies) that was better written.
Career Officer
# 4
01-25-2013, 10:52 AM
Whoever fitted all those defective, quick-to-explode computer consoles was a pretty bad guy.
nynik | Join Date: Dec 2009
<Dev> Oaks@dstahl: *checks for CBS listening devices in the office*
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-25-2013, 10:55 AM
The Holodeck.

At least for Star Trek Voyager.

It put the crew in serious danger more times than any species or character.
# 6
01-25-2013, 11:18 AM
I'd say General Chang. Putting the awesome lines he had through the whole movie aside for the moment....Chang was an excellent villian. He's diplomatic, respectful (even as he fought Kirk he never really insulted or berated him), and cunning.

He managed to get Kirk framed for assassinating Gorkon, all the while plotting with those in Starfleet and the Empire to continue the war which Gorkon was willing to end due to Praxis' explosion.

If it wasn't for the emission-seeking torpedo, Chang most likely would've won, the Federation President would've been killed, and so on.

Captain
# 7
01-25-2013, 11:39 AM
I tend to think Sybok was probably baddest. Using his power of suggestion 'brainwashing' people into following him was genius, imagine his power after mind-melding with 'god' if he chose to be BAD.

Q is another one that shouldn't be discounted if he chose to be less than playful, but thankfully the rest of the continuum would keep him on a leash.

Khan is 'bad' no doubt, but when he runs out of his original followers, he's done.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
Captain
# 8
01-25-2013, 11:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimey2 View Post
I'd say General Chang. Putting the awesome lines he had through the whole movie aside for the moment....Chang was an excellent villian. He's diplomatic, respectful (even as he fought Kirk he never really insulted or berated him), and cunning.

He managed to get Kirk framed for assassinating Gorkon, all the while plotting with those in Starfleet and the Empire to continue the war which Gorkon was willing to end due to Praxis' explosion.

If it wasn't for the emission-seeking torpedo, Chang most likely would've won, the Federation President would've been killed, and so on.
Have you ever seen the Klingon Academy game? Chang is STILL awesome in that game. Added to that, the fact that he is far more intelligent than the Klingons we saw on TNG and DS9. A real Thought Admiral who actually made you believe a society like the Klingons could hold together and go into space, whereas it's hard to believe the TNG/DS9 Klingons managing to hold together a technological society.

My favorite villain has to be Gul Dukat. He's one of the best-acted villains, and with so many complex layers--though he ultimately paid for his arrogance by literally selling his soul and his free will away to the Pah-Wraiths in the end. It was poetic justice, though: he wanted to make others love him, and ultimately that's what the Pah-Wraiths did to him...made him love them.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
Delta Rising: Reanimate? (Y/N) Review Series COMPLETE!
Proudly F2P. Sig by gulberat. Avatar by balsavor.deviantart.com
Survivor of Romulus
# 9
01-25-2013, 12:13 PM
I always liked Dukat as a villain. Reason being that when a villain believes he is doing right, that makes him truly scary.
Q: [quoting Hartley] "Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays..."
Career Officer
# 10
01-25-2013, 12:17 PM
First choice would definetly have to be Khan...

But, depending on your point of view... and what mood he was currently in, Q.