Career Officer
# 61
01-22-2013, 09:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theroyalfamily View Post
PW stocks have been plummeting since late 2009, where they hit a high of $46 (but in early 2009, not long after announcing PWE, they were even lower than now).

Not even an announcement that PW would get exclusive publishing rights in China to DotA2 caused anything happen to the stock price. I doubt little ol' STO is dragging the company down.

PW mainly deals with crappy Chinese grind/buyfests. Maybe the public reaction to those (plus the high-cost games their subsidiaries are developing/have recently developed) might have more to do with it?
If they're pumping money into Cryptic with no return on their money it will hurt them.
Rihannsu
# 62
01-23-2013, 12:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xorvian View Post
Lol, internet hater name calling means you know what you're talking about.
No, i dont know what im talking about, and quite frankly i have never implied i do. my entire posts is full of 'maybe' 'doubt' 'possibility' 'suspect'. i am not an economic expert, dont have access to their books on all their games, dont know the MMO scene of asia, or how much money cryptic is making, so again no i dont know what im talking about, and then again clearly neither do you.

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Empire Veteran
# 63
01-23-2013, 01:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by centersolace View Post
When you have a property library like Atari, how do you screw that up?

WHy, by the numbers of course.. just make sure your corporate management team hasn't a clue as to what they have for a product, and are more concerned with thier golden parachute and that what happens.

what a shame. I feel for what few of the rank and file that still work for them. Those are the people that are going to be hurt the most, and are the people that actualy do things besides fill a chair and get paid more then thier worth.
Release 8.5 "STO The Next Generation"

Let the happy old bug stomping commence, along with refinement toward enhancing each factions play experience!
Empire Veteran
# 64
01-23-2013, 01:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xorvian View Post
That makes sense STO is doing so well Perfect Worlds stock has declined almost 50%. If they hadn't bought Cryptic their stock would be worth even less. Cryptic was losing money for years but now they magically making big profit, lol.

Cryptic is unpopular it may have hurt Perfect Worlds brand. That could be a reasonable explanation too.
WHoh MULE!

Ok, Cryptic studio's is owned by Perfect World Entertainment, which is the US subsidiary of Perfect World International out of China. PWI is a Multi Media company. TV, Movies, Games, likely as not print publishing besides.

Cryptic has been making them money. Thats been clear from thier publicly availible information. (yes, even you can go look at thier last report) Its most likely the cash tied up in other projects by PWI which has lowered invester/stockholder returns that have not yet shown a return on invested cash

Gotta know how things work. The numbers people are yanking up are those of interest to those whose game is "Money Markets" not computer games.

In other words Chicken Little.. the Sky is NOT falling. Just share dividends. I don't own stock in PWI so I am definatly not concerned. Cryptic Studio's is making money. If PWI decides at a corprorate level that they need instant cash, they might offer the studio and its products for sale. Hasn't happened yet, so don't be concerned. Sheesh people.

Learn How Things Work.

Khemaraa sends

Let the happy old bug stomping commence, along with refinement toward enhancing each factions play experience!
Empire Veteran
# 65
01-24-2013, 12:52 PM
and just a quick addendum..

Are you aware that Startrek online cannot be offered to players in China? (PWI largest market)

Thats right.. STO is not played by PWI core demographic.

Apparently STO, and startrek have in its fiction the severly counter-revolutionary concept of "time travel".. and the party (The communist party ie: the government) has serious objections to the concept of time travel....

I'm sure PWI would love to drop STO into the china market if they could. If they are ever able to you can count on STO scortching to the top of the money charts.

Captain
# 66
01-26-2013, 10:23 AM
Atari is bankrupt? I guess you cant make a fortune selling t shirts with your logo on them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by centersolace View Post
Species, Costumes, Interiors, stuff to go into interiors, alien parts, pets, hats, weapons, trophies, so on and so forth.

There's a lot of monitization options.
Exactly. I dont get why they dont have more stuff in the z store. They should have all of the stuff on the latinum market in the z store too.
Play more STO Foundry! (You can thank me later.)

A TIME TO SEARCH: ENTER MY FOUNDRY MISSION at the RISA SYSTEM in the SIRIUS SECTOR