Starfleet Veteran
# 31
01-22-2013, 10:10 AM
I use the PWE account username and password and it loads my STO account with all my old characters and such so Im pretty sure its linked but since I never had a PWE account before its new for them. I still do not think I should not be able to make a fleet since on the account info in PWE it even says for STO 1102 days active lol. I just think that the linking function is broke.

PS same with the Forums here says I need to have the account longer to be able to start my own threads but look at my Name it has the Starfleet Veteran tag meaning I have had the account for more then 1000 days. The linking needs to link the vet info to the PWE info also and it needs to be recognized as Vet not a new account. Heres the open ticket that is 48 hours old has screen shots and everything. 130120-000141

Last edited by dollander1221; 01-22-2013 at 10:17 AM.
Captain
# 32
01-22-2013, 10:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crusader2007 View Post
.this is still a democracy even if they disagree with your views
No it's not.

I'm not saying I think that people shouldn't post their opinions here, and long as they don't violate the ToS and such...

But this is by no means a democracy, we have no vote on what is or isn't said here. We don't have Rights, the 1st amendment doesn't apply here, and so on.

So while someone can say they feel they deserve more vet rewards past 1000 days, then so can someone make comments about the tone and attitude of the post made.

In the end everyone has the same ability, and everything is subject to what the Mods decide is allowed and what isn't.
Starfleet Veteran
# 33
01-22-2013, 10:38 AM
I Agree ^^^^^^
Career Officer
# 34
01-22-2013, 10:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starkaos View Post
Veteran Rewards used to mean loyalty to the game, but now they are just another perk gained with the almighty dollar.
Don't delude yourself. Veteran Rewards have always been nothing more than a "perk gained with the almighty dollar".

There has always been a direct correlation between paying for a certain number of days and getting the perks. You got the 500 Day Veteran Reward because you paid for 500 days. They couldn't care less if you actually played for 500 days or not.

"Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference." - James T. Kirk
Starfleet Veteran
# 35
01-22-2013, 10:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkjeff View Post
Don't delude yourself. Veteran Rewards have always been nothing more than a "perk gained with the almighty dollar".

There has always been a direct correlation between paying for a certain number of days and getting the perks. You got the 500 Day Veteran Reward because you paid for 500 days. They couldn't care less if you actually played for 500 days or not.
The game is a pay to win game man. That is just the way it has always been and will always be if it remains free to play. The people running the servers need a way to make money to keep the game running so this will never go away. Deal with it and enjoy the game.
Career Officer
# 36
01-22-2013, 11:17 AM
1100 day Veteran Rewards are something I think Crytpic/PWE owes the players that support them. Without lifetime subscribers and monthy subscribers, the state of this game might not have made it to where it is today (don't get me started on the lack of everything in regards to that). Crytpic should want to reward the longterm playerbase as a thank you for our continued patronage and continuing Veteran Rewards is a good way of doing so.
Captain
# 37
01-22-2013, 11:24 AM
Look... I am all for free stuff... Especially as a lifer, who has at this point payed about $7 for my sub per month so far.

But lets be somewhat honest:

The rewards havn't really been that good so far... A costume here, a ship there, random tolken.

We have 3 uniforms so far... each of them require a slot... If you don't buy extra slots, they are really just a tool to make you spend more money.

If it dosen't come with a free slot that matches the item rewarded, I prefer none, cause it will just feel like a tool to rip me off.
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports - I don't like Gekos
Captain
# 38
01-22-2013, 11:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcsww View Post
Crytpic should want to reward the longterm playerbase as a thank you for our continued patronage and continuing Veteran Rewards is a good way of doing so.
I don't know that many people actually keep subscribing to a game just for the sake of the vet rewards. If the reward is that good, then odds are it's likely to be a bit OP and not really suitable as a simple thank you.

They've gotten to the point of giving away a whole ship, one that would likely cost around $20 in the C-Store. What else is there that they could reasonably give to top that?
Starfleet Veteran
# 39
01-22-2013, 11:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcsww View Post
1100 day Veteran Rewards are something I think Crytpic/PWE owes the players that support them. Without lifetime subscribers and monthy subscribers, the state of this game might not have made it to where it is today (don't get me started on the lack of everything in regards to that). Crytpic should want to reward the longterm playerbase as a thank you for our continued patronage and continuing Veteran Rewards is a good way of doing so.
I am sure you would not have thought that the Forum tags would be enough thank you if they gave one of those out every 100 days. My point in this comment is that when you buy a Lifetime sub, you are not doing it because you are like wow I really want to support this game. No you are buying it with the thought wow this is really going to save me some money in the long run. Now it is a gamble on weather that is true or not but that is the sole purpose behind people buying it. You look at the number of LTS that have bought it now versus when the game first hit the shelf and you will see that the Vet rewards are not the reason people buy the LTS since the amount of people buying them now versus then is much much less and we had no clue what the rewards were going to be if any back then. So I disagree its not nessasary for them to give anyone rewards after 1000 days. We as LTS got enough and dont need anymore.

PS When you bought the LTS at the release it was 199.99 and dividedby $15 you will find it was about 13 months of subscription fees or 390 days. So really after that they dont owe us anything. I been LTS for 1102 days which is 712 days of free play and benefits sounds good to me.

Last edited by dollander1221; 01-22-2013 at 12:00 PM.
Rihannsu
# 40
01-22-2013, 11:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dollander1221 View Post
I really just want them to allow me to make a fleet. I returned form not playing for a bit but em a Lifetie subscriber and had to link my account to PW and now says my account is not old enough to make a fleet and been active for 1100. So not sure what to do now but tickets are 48 hours old and no response. As far as the rewards are conserned just need to make sure the stipend stays.
You're better off joining a fleet. Building a starbase solo is way more work than it's worth.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Closed Thread