Starfleet Veteran
# 51
01-22-2013, 02:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdawgenigma View Post
Yet they are not as concerned with releasing content as they are in concerned with cash grabs and lock box lottery scams.
Ummm if there is no money going into the game from users, there will be no game. So all the people that want stuff for nothing you are not going to get it. I think we all have a fulse sense that a free to play game means you get everything for free. This is however an incorrect assumtion. If that was the case the game would not be around more then a month since they need to make money to run servers and create your content. Be happy with what you get and stop complaining. Or pay some money and get stuff.
Captain
# 52
01-22-2013, 02:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdawgenigma View Post
cash grabs and lock box lottery scams.
Those things are completely optional, no one is forcing you to spend a dime on them. They however do have a number of people spending money on them, and without a way to make money this game would of never been sold to PWE, but rather shut down.
Starfleet Veteran
# 53
01-22-2013, 02:49 PM
Alos if you want to see the amount of stuff they are doing in game just read the STO patch notes for the 01/17/2013 patch alone.

http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?tag=sto-patch-notes

If that is not enough work for one patch then you need to find a new game since thats the most Ive ever seen a free game get updated on one patch.
Career Officer
# 54
01-23-2013, 07:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dollander1221 View Post
Alos if you want to see the amount of stuff they are doing in game just read the STO patch notes for the 01/17/2013 patch alone.

http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?tag=sto-patch-notes

If that is not enough work for one patch then you need to find a new game since thats the most Ive ever seen a free game get updated on one patch.
For a between-season-release patch, you mean? And yes, I agree that Jan 17 2013 was a big patch with many goodies in it.
Fleet holding costs | Accolade Points: 18745 (Fed Engineer), 16400 (KDF Tactical)
Subscribe to Accolade thread | Join channel Accolades | Idea: Mail Revamp
New on STOwiki: Spire projects | STO Timeline | Fed-KDF Disparity | upcoming content
Fed Fleet: Section 31 (level 20) | KDF Fleet: Klingon Intelligence (level 20)
Starfleet Veteran
# 55
01-23-2013, 08:36 AM
Sad to see it end. It also ends my sub I'm not a lifer in title but I am in game. Been a 6 month payment sub since day one. My next payment I think is in March and it wont be coming from me. I have 1 fed toon and a very very part time KDF. I play but don't create in foundary, I have bought a lot of BO slots, ship slots and what not. Why stay paid??
$70+ every 6 month is not worth the zen points I get in that 6 months. If I wanted I could buy way more zen with that $70. Don't plan to because I can simply mine the zen Also there is not enough in CSTORE to buy $70 worth of zen Unless your a key nut. "I am not So my sub ends in March and I will become a moocher of Cryptic.

I stayed pay sub for the VET rewards after FTP. Would still pay if they gave me a reason.

Last edited by jtmarsh; 01-23-2013 at 08:38 AM.
Empire Veteran
# 56
01-23-2013, 02:00 PM
The vet rewards don't have the impact they used to with the fact you can now buy a life time sub and "presto chango" you instantly get all of the vet rewards.

I kinda find that dissapointing, as I had the LTM when STO launched and still had to wait for those vet rewards.

((quick note to the fun killers certain to post with thier petty jelosy's against LTM's and the BS that the game is free to us, and where that noodle brained thought comees from I have no clue. I and others bought LTM's 3 years ago did it as an act of faith when there was a whole lot less game, and a great deal of uncertainty if STO was going to last.. It also cost more then it does now))

Still, I would prefer to see some vet rewards continue. Especially for KDF toons which have gotten the short end of the stick. KDF vets get custom shoulders, bracers, and a belt go with anything else, and that wierd split cape. And note that KDF players cannot wear thier cool vet reward pieces with say the Klingon Honor Guard uniform, even though a certain NPC general can. NOT FAIR, RUDE, BAD, FLOG DEV's, FLOG EP, APPLY PAIN STICK GENEROUSLY! Fed Vet players have 2 full jackets (with alternate patterns), a belt, and a number of other goodies. KDF vet toons don't have nearly the pretties. (and just as an aside..the Vet ships while nice just aren't that good.. if the console they have were universal then yes it would be much more cool, but thier not. great ships if your a TAC captains, but not so much for ENG or SCI players... honestly, they could have kept the ships in retrospect. Vet skins are kinda cool, even if they're way to subtle..MAKE IT LOUD! ((I mean really, if you going to break canon do it whole heartedly and without reservation))

SOme sort of continuing Vet reward is not out of line. Costume parts, special emotes (hint: erotic dance, what DJ Grom at SSR calls the bum swirl for female toons, and some sort of male toon dance..HINT). Little things that are more of a social nature then any of game mechanic thing would be just fine as a way of showing on-going appreciation of your vetern players..

As LTM I'd like to see a small lobi gift to go with the rather small monthly zen gratuity. 20 lobi a month would be nice to go with the 400 zen per month.. might encourage us to open more lock boxes..which require keys which do cost zen.

Khemaraa sends
Release 8.5 "STO The Next Generation"

Let the happy old bug stomping commence, along with refinement toward enhancing each factions play experience!

Last edited by oldkhemaraa; 01-23-2013 at 02:08 PM.
Empire Veteran
# 57
01-23-2013, 02:11 PM
P.S. Could the Devs give the captains table a face lift or something, and allow players to transwarp to it from anywhere.. It's kinda useless right now, and offers nothing that is notably unique. Give it a Dabo table, a Lobi Vendor, and GPL conversion console.. you know, things like that.
Release 8.5 "STO The Next Generation"

Let the happy old bug stomping commence, along with refinement toward enhancing each factions play experience!
Captain
# 58
01-23-2013, 02:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldkhemaraa View Post
where that noodle brained thought comees from I have no clue.
Pretty simple math here.

It costs X$'s per month to subscribe to a game. You spent Y$'s to buy a life time sub. When you hit around 14 months, the amount of money spent by normal subscribers is greater then the cost of the LTS. At that point you're playing for free, because you still get all the benefits of being a gold subscriber, but have spent less then it would of cost if you paid per month or even per year.

Quote:
I and others bought LTM's 3 years ago did it as an act of faith when there was a whole lot less game, and a great deal of uncertainty if STO was going to last..
None of that changes the math. I say that as a LTS to Champions Online, btw....
Career Officer
# 59
01-24-2013, 08:27 AM
STO has said since day 1 the rewards would stop at 1000 days and they gave us a pretty good ship for our Time invested for the Grand Reward. We do however continue to recieve our 500 zen per month.

I do not expect anymore rewards nor do I require them.

HOWEVER...I would not turn them down either, if STO decided to restart them...

Qa'pla
"Sips her PWE Koolaide and looks at alllll the goodies in the Z store"
Badname Betty (PvP...PvE...STF...Trophy Hunter...Latnium Collector...Federation)
Commander Morgana (PvP...PvE...STF...KDF)
1000 day vet and LTS
STO Join date: 7 Feb 2010
Career Officer
# 60
01-24-2013, 07:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zachverant View Post
STO has said since day 1 the rewards would stop at 1000 days and they gave us a pretty good ship for our Time invested for the Grand Reward. We do however continue to recieve our 500 zen per month.

I do not expect anymore rewards nor do I require them.

HOWEVER...I would not turn them down either, if STO decided to restart them...

Qa'pla
Actually they didn't say the rewards would likely end after 1000 days until the Priority One interview with Steve "Salami Inferno" Ricossa on July 9, 2012. But yes, it's been known for 6 months now.
Fleet holding costs | Accolade Points: 18745 (Fed Engineer), 16400 (KDF Tactical)
Subscribe to Accolade thread | Join channel Accolades | Idea: Mail Revamp
New on STOwiki: Spire projects | STO Timeline | Fed-KDF Disparity | upcoming content
Fed Fleet: Section 31 (level 20) | KDF Fleet: Klingon Intelligence (level 20)
Closed Thread