Captain
# 1 does weapon order matter?
01-21-2013, 05:39 PM
I've been running a Defiant-R with 3 DHCs, 1 torp and 3 turrets. I've got power settings to max weapons. It didn't look like it mattered what order the weapons were in.
But, now I'm running 2 DHCs, an Omega Torpedo, A Romulan torpedo, 2 turrets and a KCB.

I'm not entirely sure, but it seems like some of my weapons aren't firing now. My graphics seem to be running slower (maybe skipping animations), and I can't see the KCB at all.

What I really need to do is download ACT and figure out how it works. I just wanted to see if anybody knew in the meantime.

Also, with two types of torpedo's if I use High Yield Torpedo, it counts for the next torpedo to fire correct? With torpedo spread could both torpedos fire a spread?
Commander
# 2
01-21-2013, 05:44 PM
High Yield and Spread only work for the next torpedo. Spread won't affect both at the same time. But you can get a doff to reduce cool down times so you can try to load spread again for another volley sooner.
Captain
# 3
01-21-2013, 05:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xigbarg View Post
High Yield and Spread only work for the next torpedo. Spread won't affect both at the same time. But you can get a doff to reduce cool down times so you can try to load spread again for another volley sooner.
That's what I thought, but I could have sworn I saw both launchers fire a spread.
Captain
# 4
01-21-2013, 05:47 PM
I assume you mean the order you put them in on your ship. No this doesn't matter they will all fire regardless of where they are put. Though it might make it easier for you to work out which guns are on CD or whatever if you group them somehow.

Some weapons sprites do not show at all and there was a bug a while back where Dual Beams would randomly stop firing altogether. The way to check this would be to either use a combat parser like ACT of the one in game (these will tell you if damage is being done by invisible weapons) or by checking the weapon status as you are firing (A firing sequence should display a number and have a cooldown.) The kinteic cutting beam is fires with other beams so you should see it and hear it's distinctive hum.

With regard to torpedos, if you use torp spread (or most weapon buffs) it usually only applies to the next weapon in the sequence. So even with two torpedos you'll only get one spread. It is however possible to fire a spread and then a high yield or vice versa.
Captain
# 5
01-21-2013, 05:48 PM
Quote:
I'm not entirely sure, but it seems like some of my weapons aren't firing now. My graphics seem to be running slower (maybe skipping animations), and I can't see the KCB at all.
A bug like this cropped up in a previous patch, try taking everything off your ship and putting it back on. Nothing i know of should be blocking the KCB.

The Omega Torp on the same arc as the Romulan Torp can block the Romulan Torp from firing until the Omega runs out of charges depending on which is left and right, try swapping which is where if it is.

TS will only work for the next torp fired.
Captain
# 6
01-21-2013, 05:48 PM
I use 2 DHC and 2 Q torps in the for in the rear I use 2 turrets and 1 photon.I use high yield as well as spread.This does the jop well for the Defiant Retro.
Age StarTrek-Gamers Administrator
USS WARRIOR NCC 1720 Commanding Officer
Star Trek Gamers
Captain
# 7
01-21-2013, 05:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc10b View Post
I assume you mean the order you put them in on your ship. No this doesn't matter they will all fire regardless of where they are put. Though it might make it easier for you to work out which guns are on CD or whatever if you group them somehow.

Some weapons sprites do not show at all and there was a bug a while back where Dual Beams would randomly stop firing altogether. The way to check this would be to either use a combat parser like ACT of the one in game (these will tell you if damage is being done by invisible weapons) or by checking the weapon status as you are firing (A firing sequence should display a number and have a cooldown.) The kinteic cutting beam is fires with other beams so you should see it and hear it's distinctive hum.

With regard to torpedos, if you use torp spread (or most weapon buffs) it usually only applies to the next weapon in the sequence. So even with two torpedos you'll only get one spread. It is however possible to fire a spread and then a high yield or vice versa.
Yeah, that's what I meant. I have never heard or seen my KCB fire. I've definitely seen it on CD though, so I know it did.
Captain
# 8
01-22-2013, 08:15 AM
Pretty sure weapons fire from left to right. You can see it in your weapon tray.

When I fire torpedoes on my B'rel Retrofit, my quantum torpedoes always fire first and it is in the far left.
Survivor of Remus
# 9
01-22-2013, 08:28 AM
If you run two toros and two copies of spread or 1 torp and 2 spreads with the doff you can preload 2 spreads and fire them both you can also do this with beam overload and tgt subsystem
-"There is no such thing as an I win button!" "Um, Sir. Whats this button that says (I win) for then?"
Starfleet Veteran
# 10
01-22-2013, 01:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shookyang View Post
Pretty sure weapons fire from left to right. You can see it in your weapon tray.

When I fire torpedoes on my B'rel Retrofit, my quantum torpedoes always fire first and it is in the far left.
Weapons usually fire in forward left to right, followed by aft left to right. Therefore, placing a weapon on the forward left weapon slots gives it the highest firing priority.

Here's an easy way to test it:

Place a 1 torpedo launcher in the forward leftmost weapon box. Place a different torpedo launcher with the same firing rate on the foward rightmost box. Now select a target and fire-all-weapons. If there are no cooldowns active, then the forward left torpedo launcher should fire first. If you immediately fire another torpedo, the forward rightmost torpedo will fire next since the leftmost launcher is on cooldown. If you wait for the cooldown to disappear, the left launcher should get firing priority again (haven't tested this yet, but I will confirm once I get home from work).