Commander
# 1 chat logs?
01-11-2013, 02:21 PM
can someone tell me where the chat logs are stored for STO? i checked my games file in my documents and in the STO game folder but i cant find any of the chat logs.
"...just look at my track record for making the improvements that I said we would with the KDF and judge by that." - Dan Stahl
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-11-2013, 04:12 PM
I don't know for sure, but I'd be surprised if chat logs were stored locally due to privacy issues. Cryptic may have copies, but not us.
Commander
# 3
01-11-2013, 04:24 PM
privacy would be a dumb reason considering we would be the ones reading them and what was said was said for everyone to read unless it was in a private conversation, i mean on my EVE game i got chat logs from all my channels all nicely time stamped and ready for me to search up, why is this game that came out only a year or so ago still feeling like a game released 15 years ago?
"...just look at my track record for making the improvements that I said we would with the KDF and judge by that." - Dan Stahl
Captain
# 4
01-11-2013, 04:45 PM
Privacy is never a dumb reason, only the implementation or rather, lack of.
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports - I don't like Gekos
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-13-2013, 12:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grtiggy View Post
privacy would be a dumb reason considering we would be the ones reading them and what was said was said for everyone to read unless it was in a private conversation, i mean on my EVE game i got chat logs from all my channels all nicely time stamped and ready for me to search up, why is this game that came out only a year or so ago still feeling like a game released 15 years ago?
Actually, it's been almost 3 years, as they are gearing up for the 3 year anniversary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
Privacy is never a dumb reason, only the implementation or rather, lack of.
Ah, a voice of reason!
Captain
# 6
01-31-2013, 10:04 PM
I've always assumed that as long as you don't log out of your active game session, you can just copy and paste the contents of your chat window into an external text file.

Game features I'd like to see improved / expanded: Better Ship Interiors // BOff Costume Slots