Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > The Academy
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 870
I'm in a Fleet with T3 Shipyard, and I'm interested in getting a T5 Intrepid.

Obviously, I could wait until my fleet (eventually) gains its T5 Shipyard, but I heard that via fleet map invitations, one could buy higher Tier Fleet Ships from another fleet without leaving their original fleet (assuming that the player has the Fleet Credits / Fleet Ship Modules required)

Is this true? If so, how would this work? Aren't all ship requisitions strictly limited to shipyards at social zones?

Game features I'd like to see improved / expanded: Better Ship Interiors // BOff Costume Slots
Commander
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 482
# 2
01-22-2013, 05:25 PM
I believe it would require a member of another fleet that's allowed to invite outsiders into their star base. Once your in, I believe everything is up for grabs. Assuming you got enough cash on you.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 514
# 3
01-22-2013, 06:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xigbarg View Post
I believe it would require a member of another fleet that's allowed to invite outsiders into their star base. Once your in, I believe everything is up for grabs. Assuming you got enough cash on you.
It would also require you having permission to make purchases from the fleet store. So getting invited to someone's starbase probably wouldn't work.
Career Officer
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 389
# 4
01-22-2013, 06:46 PM
Here's a novel idea: do the work to help your fleet obtain a tier 5 shipyard, and then buy one.
Always someone wanting the rewards without having to do the work...
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 870
# 5
01-22-2013, 06:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjokruhlica View Post
Here's a novel idea: do the work to help your fleet obtain a tier 5 shipyard, and then buy one.
Always someone wanting the rewards without having to do the work...
To the contrary - I'm one of the top ten contributors in a fleet of 100+ in both categories.

Game features I'd like to see improved / expanded: Better Ship Interiors // BOff Costume Slots
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 771
# 6
01-22-2013, 06:51 PM
You can get someone else to invite you to their fleet base, and you can buy most things that they have unlocked. You don't use their permissions or provisions, however.

Permissions and provisions will be used from YOUR fleet, so make sure you have the provisions necessary.

The one thing you can't buy while not in their fleet is ships though. Ships are the one fleet item that you must be a part of the fleet with the shipyard to buy. You would have to leave your current fleet, join theirs, have the required permission, and use one of their ship provisions to purchase it. You can then leave the fleet and rejoin your old fleet afterward.
Ainu - Join Date: Aug 2008
Foundry Missions: 1) The Source of Power (ST-HSWUBD5TQ) [Federation] 16+
-----=====*****<[ Fleet Recruitment Thread ]>*****=====-----
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 870
# 7
01-22-2013, 06:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tangolight View Post
You can get someone else to invite you to their fleet base, and you can buy most things that they have unlocked. You don't use their permissions or provisions, however.

Permissions and provisions will be used from YOUR fleet, so make sure you have the provisions necessary.

The one thing you can't buy while not in their fleet is ships though. Ships are the one fleet item that you must be a part of the fleet with the shipyard to buy. You would have to leave your current fleet, join theirs, have the required permission, and use one of their ship provisions to purchase it. You can then leave the fleet and rejoin your old fleet afterward.
The most comprehensive answer ever.

Next time we meet, the Romulan Ale's on me

Game features I'd like to see improved / expanded: Better Ship Interiors // BOff Costume Slots
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 771
# 8
01-22-2013, 08:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sumghai View Post
The most comprehensive answer ever.

Next time we meet, the Romulan Ale's on me
I have lots of Romulan Ale. Instead, set me up with access to a fleet with a T5 shipyard that has a few extra ship provisions so I can get some too. My current fleet is struggling on T2. (But we only have 2 active people.)
Ainu - Join Date: Aug 2008
Foundry Missions: 1) The Source of Power (ST-HSWUBD5TQ) [Federation] 16+
-----=====*****<[ Fleet Recruitment Thread ]>*****=====-----
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 870
# 9
01-22-2013, 08:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tangolight View Post
I have lots of Romulan Ale. Instead, set me up with access to a fleet with a T5 shipyard that has a few extra ship provisions so I can get some too. My current fleet is struggling on T2. (But we only have 2 active people.)
As soon as our (fairly active) fleet's at T5 Shipyard, you'll be the first to know

Game features I'd like to see improved / expanded: Better Ship Interiors // BOff Costume Slots
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,292
# 10
01-22-2013, 08:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sumghai View Post
The most comprehensive answer ever.

Next time we meet, the Romulan Ale's on me
As far as I know there is only 1 fleet out there that is within 2 weeks of a Tier 5 shipyard - the other fleets that are upgrading now or very soon are doing the Eng Fab for the elite fleet weapons.

Most of the super fleets are still another 2 months from having a T5 shipyard.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:13 PM.