Ensign
Hello, Devs!

Ever since the days before beta when we were all typing out our future STO fantasies on the old forums, one simple idea that I eagerly counted the days until was when we could pilot Mirror Universe starships.... fully equipped with the glorious I.S.S. naming prefix! With the past three lockbox waves, those beloved mirror universe starships are finally entering the game.

I'd like to lovingly petition for the Mirror Universe Excelsior. I do hope it is in line to be released in mirror universe form as the past six starships have been. Of course, everybody has their favorite starship: because of that I am confident that other starships are in line to be released in Mirror Universe form as well.

My question for this thread is:
Is the Excelsior class in line for a mirror universe version? If not, please enter it into the line! If yes.... give us a sign....

Thank you for all of your hard (and awesome) work!

Long Live the Terran Empire
Empire Veteran
# 2
01-23-2013, 12:11 AM
I don't believe we'll be seeing a Mirror Excelsior.

The Mirror ships are different skinned and slightly altered BOFF layouts of free level 40 ships we have, as a means of letting players change it up, and also possibly get a decent ship without grinding dil.

Empire Veteran
# 3
01-23-2013, 12:33 AM
I'm right there with ya on the Excelcior but I too doubt it will ever be a playable ship... I wish they'd just put the mirror skins and I.S.S. prefix on the C-Store for ppl to buy them if they wanted. They're already in game so it wouldn't cost them a dime.

It also wouldn't take away from the lockbox mirror ships simply b/c they would still have the altered boff/console layout.
Captain
# 4
01-23-2013, 12:39 AM
May make people baw. I can see the Mirror Excelsior having a lt cmd. Science and a lt. tac.

"My powers! NOOOOOOOOOO!"

Last edited by xigbarg; 01-23-2013 at 12:50 AM.
Empire Veteran
# 5
01-23-2013, 01:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xigbarg View Post
May make people baw. I can see the Mirror Excelsior having a lt cmd. Science and a lt. tac.

"My powers! NOOOOOOOOOO!"
Actually, it'd probably switch out the ensign engineer with a tac or sci slot more than likely.

Ensign
# 6
01-23-2013, 04:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimey2 View Post
Actually, it'd probably switch out the ensign engineer with a tac or sci slot more than likely.
That wouldn't break my heart. I love my Excelsior.
Republic Veteran
# 7
01-23-2013, 05:48 AM
An ensign tac would make it a better build than the standard Excelsior. An ensign sci would be somewhat of an improvement too.
Career Officer
# 8
01-23-2013, 10:36 AM
It would certainly be an interesting idea, but I'm not sure it would make sense (yes, I even try to apply sense to the goofy MU).

The Terran Empire was destroyed after Spock had taken over and tried to create peace.
The current incarnation is a rather recent event and appearently their ships are based on the prime universe versions (like the Defiant).
Ships like the Miranda make sense since they are likely to have originally been constructed before the fall of the Empire (and might have been lying around in some depot), while the newer ships are based on the ones from the Prime Universe.
Ships like the Excelsior...well I'm not sure there was ever any interest in building them.
They were conceived in an era where there was no Empire after all and never built in the Mirror Universe of that era.
And the newly refounded one probably had its hands full building "new" ships instead of retrofits of older ships.

I'd sure love to see one though.

Last edited by misterde3; 01-23-2013 at 10:40 AM.
Captain
# 9
01-23-2013, 10:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterde3 View Post
It would certainly be an interesting idea, but I'm not sure it would make sense (yes, I even try to apply sense to the goofy MU).

The Terran Empire was destroyed after Spock had taken over and tried to create peace.
The current incarnation is a rather recent event and appearently their ships are based on the prime universe versions (like the Defiant).
Ships like the Miranda make sense since they are likely to have originally been constructed before the fall of the Empire (and might have been lying around in some depot), while the newer ships are based on the ones from the Prime Universe.
Ships like the Excelsior...well I'm not sure there was ever any interest in building them.
They were conceived in an era where there was no Empire after all and never built in the Mirror Universe of that era.
And the newly refounded one probably had its hands full building "new" ships instead of retrofits of older ships.

I'd sure love to see one though.
Regardless of whether it makes sense, the Terrans do use Excelsior class ships. Here's a link.
"It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid."
-- Q
Career Officer
# 10
01-23-2013, 11:06 AM
*Note to self: don't use brain when discussing STO*