Career Officer
# 11
01-23-2013, 10:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimey2 View Post
I don't believe we'll be seeing a Mirror Excelsior.

The Mirror ships are different skinned and slightly altered BOFF layouts of free level 40 ships we have, as a means of letting players change it up, and also possibly get a decent ship without grinding dil.
Yeah I think all of this, probably just wishful thinking threads, do lose sight of the fact that we will be unlikely to see mirror versions of ships in boxes of ships that are sold in the Cstore.

On the other hand, there is a possibility we might see them in the Cstore.

Survivor of Romulus
# 12
01-23-2013, 10:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterde3 View Post
It would certainly be an interesting idea, but I'm not sure it would make sense (yes, I even try to apply sense to the goofy MU).

The Terran Empire was destroyed after Spock had taken over and tried to create peace.
The current incarnation is a rather recent event and appearently their ships are based on the prime universe versions (like the Defiant).
Ships like the Miranda make sense since they are likely to have originally been constructed before the fall of the Empire (and might have been lying around in some depot), while the newer ships are based on the ones from the Prime Universe.
Ships like the Excelsior...well I'm not sure there was ever any interest in building them.
They were conceived in an era where there was no Empire after all and never built in the Mirror Universe of that era.
And the newly refounded one probably had its hands full building "new" ships instead of retrofits of older ships.

I'd sure love to see one though.
Second Terran Empire maybe? or.. you know... the not so cool "Terran Federation"

Starfleet Veteran
# 13
01-23-2013, 10:23 AM
Oooh yes, I want the I.S.S. Tag and skin for my ships from Z-Store. I would buy it!
Career Officer
# 14
01-23-2013, 10:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thay8472 View Post
Second Terran Empire maybe? or.. you know... the not so cool "Terran Federation"
I know it's referred to by that as well, however here's a little riddle:

If it's called the "Terran Federation", why do the ships still carry the ISS-designation?
Not TSS or TSS of TFSS or whatever?
Survivor of Romulus
# 15
01-23-2013, 10:30 AM
Quote:
I know it's referred to by that as well, however here's a little riddle:

If it's called the "Terran Federation", why do the ships still carry the ISS-designation?
no idea, maybe smileys son is just a bit brain dead and mixed up the words Federation and Empire... now that hes dead I hope my coutnerpart is fixing the Empire

Career Officer
# 16
01-23-2013, 10:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thay8472 View Post
no idea, maybe smileys son is just a bit brain dead and mixed up the words Federation and Empire... now that hes dead I hope my coutnerpart is fixing the Empire
Lemme guess, you've got 8472 in your name...which means your counterpart is either an Undine with a gotee or (since Undine also means some kind of water spirit)...a rock monster from "Galaxy Quest".
Survivor of Romulus
# 17
01-23-2013, 11:42 AM
Quote:
Lemme guess, you've got 8472 in your name...which means your counterpart is either an Undine with a gotee or (since Undine also means some kind of water spirit)...a rock monster from "Galaxy Quest".
Aslong as im not the thing that got turned inside out, then exploded.. all is good

Captain
# 18
01-23-2013, 12:47 PM
Quote:
...why do the ships still carry the ISS-designation?
I.S.S. stands for "Imperial Star Ship", similar to how U.S.S. stands for "Ur Ship Sucks!"... I mean "United Star Ship".

stardestroyer001, Admiral, Explorers Fury PvE/PvP Fleet | Retired PvP Player
My Useful List of STO Forum Threads, Ship Builds & More!
It's about time. DEVS NEED ACCOUNTABILITY.

Last edited by stardestroyer001; 01-23-2013 at 05:43 PM.
Career Officer
# 19
01-23-2013, 01:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stardestroyer001 View Post
I.S.S. stands for "Imperial Star Ship", similar to how U.S.S. stands for "Ur Ship Sucks!"... I mean "United Star Ship".

I think you missed the point by a few light years...
Captain
# 20
01-23-2013, 01:32 PM
Nah, ISS stands for "I Superior Shipper".

Shipping Wars
Coming to a theater near you.