Captain
# 21
01-23-2013, 05:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterde3 View Post
I think you missed the point by a few light years...
...It was a joke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xigbarg
Nah, ISS stands for "I Superior Shipper".

Shipping Wars
Coming to a theater near you.
Shipping wars...heh. So the Terran Empire is more relentless in its shipping fees than the Federation?

stardestroyer001, VA Explorers Fury | Email me for a Pro-Galaxy sig!
My Useful List of STO Forum Threads, Ship Builds & More! | My Forum Gripes
Foundry: A new series coming soon! | PvP: PvP Boot Camp, Notebook Project Almost Done!
Lt. Commander
# 22
01-23-2013, 06:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stardestroyer001 View Post
...It was a joke.

Shipping wars...heh. So the Terran Empire is more relentless in its shipping fees than the Federation?
Hey! and yea with the advanced tech? why not
Commander
# 23
01-23-2013, 06:22 PM
Quote:
...It was a joke.

Its their way of taxing people. If you disagree with their ship, you die.
Ensign
# 24
01-23-2013, 07:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterde3 View Post
It would certainly be an interesting idea, but I'm not sure it would make sense (yes, I even try to apply sense to the goofy MU).

The Terran Empire was destroyed after Spock had taken over and tried to create peace.
The current incarnation is a rather recent event and appearently their ships are based on the prime universe versions (like the Defiant).
Ships like the Miranda make sense since they are likely to have originally been constructed before the fall of the Empire (and might have been lying around in some depot), while the newer ships are based on the ones from the Prime Universe.
Ships like the Excelsior...well I'm not sure there was ever any interest in building them.
They were conceived in an era where there was no Empire after all and never built in the Mirror Universe of that era.
And the newly refounded one probably had its hands full building "new" ships instead of retrofits of older ships.

I'd sure love to see one though.
I kinda agree with this for same reasons, and I own and Love my Excelsior refit and my Mirrior ship but... i Just dont Think the Empire built them
Ensign
# 25
01-23-2013, 07:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycoticvulcan View Post
Regardless of whether it makes sense, the Terrans do use Excelsior class ships. Here's a link.
0.0 <3 Wow just saw this ... ill ican say is Yay! maybe we will get it!
Captain
# 26
01-23-2013, 07:13 PM
We never found out exactly when the Terran Empire fell. It could easily have been after 2285, which (in the prime universe at least) was the year the Excelsior was introduced. Alternatively, the resurrected Empire in STO could have stolen plans from Starfleet facilities.
"It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid."
-- Q
Career Officer
# 27
01-24-2013, 02:40 AM
Quote:
We never found out exactly when the Terran Empire fell. It could easily have been after 2285, which (in the prime universe at least) was the year the Excelsior was introduced.
Possibly, but if we go by the novel series on the subject (Sorrows of the Empire), the Terran Empire had begun to reduce its military spendings by that point.

Quote:
Alternatively, the resurrected Empire in STO could have stolen plans from Starfleet facilities.
But that's the weird thing:

It's usually only sensible to retrofit because you actually already have ships to retrofit.
You already invested resources once and it should theretically take less resources to bring the existing ships to a new standard than build new ones.
That's the point behind the whole thing.
But when you build a retrofitted version of an older desgn as new construction, you basically take the entire principle of a retrofit and turn it on its ear.
When a newly constructed design of the same size takes the same resources to build, has the same performance and still leaves room for further upgrades since it's actually new from the design-principle standpoint, a retrofit as a new ship is a dead-end.
Career Officer
# 28
01-24-2013, 02:41 AM
Quote:
...It was a joke.
Ah, okay.