Former PWE Community Team Lead
Quote:
Literary Challenge #37 : Mirror, Mirror on the... Viewscreen?
This is the comments thread for Literary Challenge #37 : Mirror, Mirror on the... Viewscreen?.
We also have an Index of previous challenges HERE.

Feel free to link directly to the entry you are commenting on. And please remember: we're not here to tear each other up. Do not troll your fellow Captains, give feedback! Let the others know what you liked and disliked. Maybe they can even go back then and tweak their entries!

Let's get those creative juices flowing!
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Captain
# 2
01-22-2013, 07:29 PM
Ooooooh, I'm so sorry, but I need to put a plug in here. Also, because the challenge number is even calling out my name!

I've answered this question a in a pretty well rated foundry mission, and one I would actually consider to be my best! And I've won two contests...

So, rather than retype dialog from that, I'd like to politely suggest anyone interested to check out the following Foundry Mission for the Federation Faction. I'd consider it my submission.

"Personal Reflection"
Author: XR-377
Faction: Federation
Lvl: 31+
Starfleet Veteran
# 3
01-22-2013, 07:50 PM
Does it have to be Mirror Universe?

I've had a few story ideas involving alternate universes, and I'm thinking one of them might work for this Challenge.

I'll need to do a bit of thinking, though, just to make sure.
Originally KiraYamato before the Account Linking - True Join Date August 2008

"In the game of war, there are no clear rules you can follow." - Andrew Waltfeld

Last edited by takeshi6; 01-23-2013 at 06:51 AM.
Career Officer
# 4
01-22-2013, 10:14 PM
Technically speaking, my post involves two of my characters. The one the story revolves around, and the Mirror version of the other one I've used in Literary Challenges before (Antilles). I gotta say, that's some good reading there. Now, back to the Star Trek Destiny trilogy I picked up the other day.
CHARACTER GRID (@Lord-Ice):
___ |___ _ Fed ____| ____ _KDF __ ____| Rom
Tac_|_Thomas Hale_| __ __Illusion _____| Silence (K)
Eng | ___Antilles _ _| _ Mirror Rygobeth__| N'Vek (F)
Sci _| __ Rygobeth _| _Lukor Son of Q'Tar | Devala (F)
Captain
# 5
01-22-2013, 10:16 PM
Awww, dang...unfortunately I'm not really feeling this challenge. In a way, Alyosha did just confront something he sees as being like a twisted mirror of himself (and the Devidians undoubtedly felt the same way about him), so I feel like I just did something like this. Oh, well...there's next time.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM me for more. :-)

Sig by gulberat. Avatar credit to balsavor.deviantart.com
Career Officer
# 6
01-23-2013, 03:23 AM
Here is mine.

I took a direction that would see my captain resolve his mirror issue.

Due to my Cagalli character not having a Mirror counterpart, I opted to have mirror Amuro captaining the ship I used back in the first challenge entry I remember making, the Prometheus class Epyon. This also let me surprise my mirror with all the gadgets she has made for my characters.

Let me know what you think. Cheers!
Ikuzo, Trombe!
Captain
# 7
01-23-2013, 09:47 AM
Destroyer--

Definitely liked what you did there. I particularly enjoyed the way you were able to work humor into the dialogue without it coming off as farcical. It particularly makes you think, too, when you see how surprised the Mirror version of your captain is, that his supposedly meek and passive counterpart is able to pull a trick like beaming him into the brig. It also seems that both are plagued by a lack of foresight that got them into trouble: the Mirror not insisting on doing the transporting himself, and the "canon" captain assuming that having the Mirror's command staff in confinement would be enough and not acting to destroy whatever portal the Mirror came through.

Well done!

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM me for more. :-)

Sig by gulberat. Avatar credit to balsavor.deviantart.com
Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 8
01-23-2013, 10:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by takeshi6 View Post
Does it have to be Mirror Universe?

I've had a few story ideas involving alternate universes, and I'm thinking one of them might work for this Challenge.

I'll need to do a bit of thinking, though, just to make sure.
The background story is just to serve as a basis, and I just ask that you stay on topic. So, if this is "you" from an alternate universe, that works!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Ensign
# 9
01-23-2013, 10:23 AM
Thought I'd sticky link mine here http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...41&postcount=3

It plays into already existing plot for the STO universe.
Survivor of Remus
# 10
01-23-2013, 10:32 AM
I added one of me own. Honestly, it could be longer. Way longer. And more interesting, but I don't think I'll be able to cram it all into one posting, so you get the very first bit instead.