Rihannsu
# 11
01-23-2013, 08:52 AM
NPC Jem use only a standard slash animation. For a player version they would need at least 5 animations, primary, secondary, knockback, combo A, combo B. Also they need to decide what Combo A and Combo B actually DO...
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Career Officer
# 12
01-23-2013, 12:36 PM
I'd really like to see a Grand Nagus staff that uses the game's existing sword animations.
Career Officer
# 13
01-23-2013, 12:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
We looked into this early on in the planning stages, but the existing art work doesn't work with any of our existing melee animations. Creating the assets and/or animations that would line up for use with this distinctive weapon, and work correctly with our existing melee combo system, would've been a much larger time investment than our current schedule allows.

I wouldn't rule it out completely, as an item that may appear in the game at some point in the future. But we were not able to fit it into the team's schedule for the launch of this Lock Box.
In short, you couldn't cut/paste it.
Career Officer
# 14
01-23-2013, 12:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoleviathan99 View Post
I'd really like to see a Grand Nagus staff that uses the game's existing sword animations.
Negus, please!!!!
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-23-2013, 06:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
NPC Jem use only a standard slash animation. For a player version they would need at least 5 animations, primary, secondary, knockback, combo A, combo B. Also they need to decide what Combo A and Combo B actually DO...
Ah, bummer. I thought they did more than just that one slash. I guess I shoot them too quickly?

In any case, thanks for filling me in.
_______
equal parts cynical and helpful
Captain
# 16
01-23-2013, 07:18 PM
Thanks for replying to this. I was also wondering since the Dominion box and stuff is coming out. This weapon I wouldn't mind using as well on my characters. I love melee weapons specially fighting Borgs. They have yet found a way to adapt to a blade! My Klingon has tons of fun fighting them cause of it.