Career Officer
# 11
01-23-2013, 07:01 AM
My fake alien-creator Jem'Hadar Captain will probably go all in on this one, he looks at me funny when i don't get him all the Jem'Hadar shiny items... (he scares me a little bit)...
if the stats and visuals appeal to me that is, i have not seen it all yet, but so far it looks promising.

but i'm sitting on 180 million EC and 5000+ Zen, so getting the 2 Ships should not be a problem, i'm more concerned about the Lobi bind on pickup items that can't be traded (i hate those, i don't want to support those, but i just WANT them... argh i hate these consumer unfriendly marketing tactics), that will require opening boxes and i have no idea how many.

anyway my other 9 chars will not touch it at all, nothing in there for them.
Captain
# 12
01-23-2013, 07:05 AM
In your place I'd probably:

Step one (optional): sell some zen-bought keys on the exchange now, while prices are up
Step two: wait 4 weeks
Step three: get ships/items wanted from the exchange
Step four (optional): buy back some keys once prices dropped, open some boxes for lubi, get bind-on-pickup items.
Captain
# 13
01-23-2013, 07:09 AM
I agree with the OP. STO slowly (although rathee fast lately) does loose the appeal of playing Starfleet officer, flying a Starfleet ship in a Star Trek universe, and is rather a cash cow that tries to add "cool" things no matter the cost or damage to the franchise.

I once both plenty of ships from C-Store, not because they were more powerful than the previous version, but because I could play something different. Now, I have shipyard full of starfleet ships, that have a lockbox copy with better stats.

I wonder, where the line will be drawn ?
Captain
# 14
01-23-2013, 07:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
Hmm... This seems like a cleverly disguised "I'd like the be able to attack people at random"?
Are you serious? Why can't Fed and KDF players attack each other at randon? They are at war - but can only fight each other in very limited places - and everywhere else they have to fight alongside each other?? What Kind of freaking war is that??

So there is a war but 95% of the time you actually fight for and defend each other?? That's some wacky S*** right there!!
Survivor of Romulus
# 15
01-23-2013, 07:45 AM
Actually, I guess the war must ultimately come to an end to unite vs the greater threats out there. After that, PvP could be explained as exercises.

Which, outside of Ker'rat, makes a lot more sense anyway, given how "artificial" the PvP fights via the queues seem to be.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Promote what you love, instead of bashing what you hate.
Career Officer
# 16
01-23-2013, 08:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by twam View Post
In your place I'd probably:

Step one (optional): sell some zen-bought keys on the exchange now, while prices are up
Step two: wait 4 weeks
Step three: get ships/items wanted from the exchange
Step four (optional): buy back some keys once prices dropped, open some boxes for lubi, get bind-on-pickup items.
actually i think i do the exact opposite...

open boxes until i get the lobi that i need, and buy the ships with EC after that

the ships will only fall on the exchange, the lobi pricetag stays the same
the LockBox will probably stay around for 3 months again, so plenty of time to grind it out.

and last time i *kinda* tried it your way, and guess what i got a 2nd D'Kora when i opened boxes to get the Lobi Set, which i then had to sell for less than i paid for mine (was a few weeks later).

anyway time to grind more EC and dil for the moment. i will not spend money on this game anymore until there is some actual content released regularly (i still want weekly FE's).
Captain
# 17
01-23-2013, 08:26 AM
Personally I think this lock-box is going to be a MUCH bigger seller than the Temporal box.
Captain
# 18
01-23-2013, 08:30 AM
I have vowed to never, ever let them chisel more currency off of me to open a lock box. I already give them $14.99 a month, and it annoys me that those stupid boxes drop in place of loot I'd actually value.
Captain
# 19
01-23-2013, 08:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerobang View Post
actually i think i do the exact opposite...

open boxes until i get the lobi that i need, and buy the ships with EC after that

the ships will only fall on the exchange, the lobi pricetag stays the same
the LockBox will probably stay around for 3 months again, so plenty of time to grind it out.

and last time i *kinda* tried it your way, and guess what i got a 2nd D'Kora when i opened boxes to get the Lobi Set, which i then had to sell for less than i paid for mine (was a few weeks later).

anyway time to grind more EC and dil for the moment. i will not spend money on this game anymore until there is some actual content released regularly (i still want weekly FE's).
Lol, ok, fair enough.

My reasoning was based on the price of keys now (1,6 mil), vs the price of keys in a few weeks' time (back to 1,3 mil?).

I have very little love for the lockbox system, so I don't have a clue how many boxes you'd be opening to get the lobi you need - and what the odds are of getting a ship in that number.
Starfleet Veteran
# 20
01-23-2013, 08:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by twam View Post
Lol, ok, fair enough.

My reasoning was based on the price of keys now (1,6 mil), vs the price of keys in a few weeks' time (back to 1,3 mil?).

I have very little love for the lockbox system, so I don't have a clue how many boxes you'd be opening to get the lobi you need - and what the odds are of getting a ship in that number.
Hope those keys would go up in price...2 or 3 mil instead. Usually when lockboxes come out ...key prices jump up since lots of people will be trying to do the alternate and paying EC in lieu of cash dollars. Either way someone is going to make a good profit...the top of the food chain is Cryptic who found a better system to keep STO F2P...who can blame it for it. Still lots of people who want to get the latest and the newest...appealing to our mere sense of lust...not bad for profit making...arrgh they must be real Ferenguis