Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Galactic News Network
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,216
# 151
01-25-2013, 12:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pissycuta View Post
wow from 12 to 13... Can we have an explanation why this is called an ESCORT? Turn rate of a fast cruiser, boff layout of a cruiser, consoles like a fleet excelsior... At least make that lt.cmdr a uni slot....
It is an Escort Carrier... Look them up on wikipedia.
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 4,768
# 152
01-25-2013, 02:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
I like mirror VoQ and the nadeon console. Though the influx of Dominion ships without a Cardie/ Dominion faction makes me wonder if that faction will ever exist.
After KDF completion and a working RSE faction of course.
Worry not about that, because by the time al of this happens, these ships will be obsolete and have becomed a part of the STO history and this lockbox will be long forgotten.
Show your support for the Revamped Galaxy Class Exploration Cruiser here!
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 883
# 153
01-25-2013, 03:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starlanced View Post
For what? It's far from OP, it needs turn bad, even my vesta is faster
So, fly your Vesta then. If a ship gets a buff, it usually has to lose something in return.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,372
# 154
01-25-2013, 04:36 AM
Such a pity there is only one MU ship that my science character will favor the other ones favour engineering. May give this lockbox a miss
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,372
# 155
01-25-2013, 07:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
These are Bind-on-Pickup.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Since there bin on pickup is it possibke to get these also with Dilithium as Lobi crystals being the only source of purchase seems a bit extreme
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,314
# 156
01-25-2013, 08:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pissycuta View Post
boff layout of a cruiser
That's not true. Cruisers all have Cdr Eng, Science Ships all have Cdr Sci, Escorts have Cdr Tac.

This ship should be compared to the Heavy Destroyer, and is essentially a Chimera giving up mobility for a hanger.

"Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference." - James T. Kirk
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 842
I haven't seen an Mk12 Jem'Hadar ground set yet, but I did see one component of the space set.

Unique - Max of one per character.

I'm not sure that's a good idea.

What if you wanted to equip multiple sets across several ships?
If you swap ships a lot, it would be inconvenient to migrate the entire set to whatever ship you wanted to use.

And similarly, what if you wanted to kit out an entire away team or crew with the ground set?
Would this also be nixed by the Unique restriction?

The way I see it, Mk12 is endgame gear.
I don't know much about MACO, Omega or KHG sets, but I'm assuming if you invest the time in collecting the Omega Marks and Borg Neural Processors, you could theorectically assemble several sets of these.

So, it would be fair if you can do this with the Jem'Hadar sets as well, in case a player is motivated to do this for whatever reason.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 65
# 158
01-25-2013, 10:21 AM
Since you have to have the Jem Bug on your character to unlock the new Bug carrier pet, I was thinking....

Maybe we could also have a Jem escort carrier pet for those select few people that have both the new dreadnaught carrier and the Jem escort carrier.

Each dreadnaught hanger could support 2 wings of the escort carriers pets, which after launched would each support 2 wings of their own Jem fighter pets.

This way you could launch up to 4 wings of escort carriers that would launch up to 8 wings of Jem fighters so in theory you could have up to 12 carrier pets!

C'mon think about it

Yo Dawg!
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 2,770
# 159
01-25-2013, 11:14 AM
Wow, i'm surprised by the BO layout of the Dominion Dreadnought and the Cruiser. I would have expected them to have a much more "tanky" setup.

Congratulatins devs, you have finally found out that no one wants to fly a super tank, althrough the dreadnought would have been more than qualified for that. Now the galaxy class is officially the most boring and lame ship in the game.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 5,442
# 160
01-25-2013, 12:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by f2pdrakron View Post
Yes because a Science ship needs is threat.

Yes, lets force EVERYONE that plays on a cruiser to be "shoot at me please, I want to die because this is WOW and we MUST have the trinity".
One solution there would be to have a threat-> aux dump conversion.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:55 PM.