Survivor of Romulus
# 111
01-26-2013, 10:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by atomictiki View Post
/sigh

Accolade grinds have existed in the Foundry for a long, long time. But they were never really popular. Until know. Why? What changed?

FRAKKIN SEASON 7.

Grinders are not a cause, but a sympton of Cryptic's own bad game design. At least get your ranting right.
Did I say they were the cause?

Nope. Cryptic made the decisions here, but I guarantee you if players didn't participate in these grind systems in the mass numbers they do, Cryptic would either change them or wouldn't put in any more.

Cause, no. Not helping it go away, yes.
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
"I would rather take a chance on getting a change made to the game through positive engagement than know for sure that I got a change made by complaining" -drogyn1701, May 14, 2014.
Rihannsu
# 112
01-26-2013, 10:30 AM
Why are the grinders the most favorite missions in the Foundry? Because the clickies don't work anymore. Now you gotta blow up a few mapfuls of stacked-up, disabled battleships to get your "login bonus," so that's what people will do.

And now you can do that every 30 minutes, guess what people in need of dilithium or fleet marks are going to do? All day if necesary. Getting a load of vendor trash to sell, once a day, is not why those missions are so popular. You hit the daily limit somewhere halfway through the first run anyway.
Rihannsu
# 113
01-26-2013, 10:31 AM
I could see them removing it from enemy mobs and only letting us use it on NPCs.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Captain
# 114
01-26-2013, 10:31 AM
Agreed. Clickies should be reinstated as eligible... however, to discourage authors from making the clickies and getting profit from the players, the dil tip jar should be disabled for missions under five minutes.

stardestroyer001, VA Explorers Fury | Email me for a Pro-Galaxy sig!
My Useful List of STO Forum Threads, Ship Builds & More! | My Forum Gripes
Foundry: A new series coming soon! | PvP: PvP Boot Camp, Notebook Project Almost Done!
Survivor of Romulus
# 115
01-26-2013, 10:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
I could see them removing it from enemy mobs and only letting us use it on NPCs.
Its kinda useless on NPCs, they don't get shot at - unless the AOE bug is still around...
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
"I would rather take a chance on getting a change made to the game through positive engagement than know for sure that I got a change made by complaining" -drogyn1701, May 14, 2014.
Lt. Commander
# 116
01-26-2013, 10:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stardestroyer001 View Post
Agreed. Clickies should be reinstated as eligible... however, to discourage authors from making the clickies and getting profit from the players, the dil tip jar should be disabled for missions under five minutes.
Because the Tip jar is such a central element of doing foundry missions...
Rihannsu
# 117
01-26-2013, 03:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drogyn1701 View Post
Its kinda useless on NPCs, they don't get shot at - unless the AOE bug is still around...
Oh... right. Doesn't it change their behaviour in some other way?

Anyways... clickies would be fine if they gave you a reward equal to the effort of the person who plays them... IE nearly nothing.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Captain
# 118
01-26-2013, 03:46 PM
The only way I think this situation might be fixed is if they finally stopped giving us these temporary solutions.

The design flaw of the wrapper led to the clickies.
The design flaw of the IOR led to the grinders

But if it worked the way that Dstahl says that it should work, then it might be different. If a player spends 15 minutes grinding battleships, that's fine. Give them loot and a reward, if they actually earn the loot.

If someone takes the time to really enjoy an hour long Foundry mission, the system should reward them better for doing so.

Sure we'd still have the afk nonsense, if someone is ingenious enough to space out 25 mobs with a long patrol or something.

The IOR should be repeatable, but it shouldn't privilege short, repeatable, and story-lite content.

Otherwise, I'm kind of with Drogyn and others here.

I'd rather see spotlights and spotlight rewards continue. But take out the rewards for all others, if they can't use them wisely.

With how hard it is to get a mission to qualify, combined with the listing that is dominated by grinders, it will be almost impossible for a new author to get his or her story played.
Career Officer
# 119
01-26-2013, 04:31 PM
Guys, when you see something being exploited, like the Timid Creature AI being used to farm, you really should make a note of it in the bugs forum. It may not be on the radar screen to fix any time soon, but it certainly won't be if it's not reported.

I definitely agree that timid creature enemies shouldn't drop loot. That is just prone to exploitation. But we'll see if Cryptic agrees.

Click here for my Foundry tutorial on Creating A Custom Interior Map.
Career Officer
# 120
01-26-2013, 04:32 PM
Here.
This is why I hate these types of missions.

please go play my new one.
Hell I'll add a map or two if I need to to make people happy if it doesn't end up qualifying.

Have fun.

I have no more to say on the subject.

DJ Gir Aiynd's Dance Party is now on the Live Server.
under review.

have fun
get loots

Peace
Closed Thread