Captain
# 21
01-24-2013, 04:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eulifdavis View Post
Risa.
Risa is indeed a beautiful place to spend time! The sunshine, the water, the cave, the privacy due to no one else on the map, the hut way up atop the hill from which you can see the entire map, the hut atop the cliff from which you get a scenic view of the beach and ocean, it is all just amazing! ()

But in terms of "social zones," Risa does not qualify in my opinion because the only other players I have EVER seen are fleetmates I just so happen to travel with.

I successfully completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE.
My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III

Click here to view my DeviantArt.
Captain
# 22
01-24-2013, 05:52 AM
I don;t really use the social zones for chat as quite a lot of the time it's useless spam. But i hate New romulus for the amount of tagging recruitment spam that appears I now close down the chat and only use the chat when I am talking to the fleet or across faction fleets
Survivor of Romulus
# 23
01-24-2013, 06:36 AM
I usually hang around DS9/Bajor, New Romulus and ESD.

I'll pass through K-7 and Starbase 39 sometimes for the heck of it.

Avoiding Drozana unless a mission takes me there.
Career Officer
# 24
01-24-2013, 06:56 AM
Drozana Tues night for DJ Groms Dancin Party.

Quarks on DS9 most other nights for DDDing (Drinkin Dancin and Dabo) Usually a DJ there from one of the Radio stations.

After a hard day of grinding Dith, Marks and Rep its nice to go to a Social Zone and hang out with other players and have some fun doing brain dead stuff.

Qa'pla
"Sips her PWE Koolaide and looks at alllll the goodies in the Z store"
Badname Betty (PvP...PvE...STF...Trophy Hunter...Latnium Collector...Federation)
Commander Morgana (PvP...PvE...STF...KDF)
1000 day vet and LTS
STO Join date: 7 Feb 2010
Captain
# 25
01-24-2013, 06:58 AM
OPvP...it's always there no matter where I am. Okay, it's not really a zone.

I can't remember the last time I went to Bajor. I even skip the missions there when doing rerolls/alts. Drozana's a quick run with eyes closed if I'm doing a mission on a toon. Can't remember the last time I went to K-7 or Ganalda. S7 changed how often I did rerolls/alts. Outside of replaying a mission, haven't been to DS9 for anything since S7.

What about ESD and Qo'nos? Well, I usually turn off Zone there - the combined annoyance of what was already there along with what was at DS9 moving there... well yeah, I usually turn off Zone there.

I'm getting the feeling that I'm not very social in game. Course, with Privacy settings set to Anonymous - only being able to receive tells from fleet/friends - pretty much every option except chat set to that...it might just be that I'm not very social in game.

Hrmmm, social zone...aha - the forums? Yep, the forums would have to be my favorite social zone.
Vice Admiral Geist, Klingon Science Officer
V.S.S. Oracle, D'Kyr-class Science Vessel
Survivor of Romulus
# 26
01-24-2013, 07:13 AM
Which social zone I prefer..
Hm, I've almost forgot how to be social, but if I had to list the public instances or "social zones" it would look like this.

1. New Romulus
2. Starfleet Academy
3. DS9

I think they could do much more with the area on Defera (not the invasion zone), that area has potential I think.

Also I've yet to visit Risa in STO. lol
Career Officer
# 27
01-24-2013, 07:28 AM
Since the STF stores moved out of DS9, I've been back at ESD. I like a nice busy zone chat with some good engaging discussion. I wish Bajor was a bit busier, because if it had an active zone chat, with some good political discussion, I'd be there all the time.

Drozana can be kind of fun to just go watch people... I don't participate, but I enjoy climbing up on the ledge above the door to the bar, and observing the RPers doing there thing, and the Dentals just being annoying.
Vice Admiral Aznia Deet, Federation Ambassador, U.S.S. Federalist
Rihannsu
# 28
01-24-2013, 08:04 AM
Some of my characters hardly leave Stafleet Academy these days. It's peaceful, sunny, and the bank/exchange/mail can all be accessed without moving. Plus it's a good place to start certain Investigate Officer Reports, and of course it's local for the lore missions.

My favourite social zones though are DS9 and Bajor. I just wish DS9 was a bit more social. And I +1 what someone above me said, Quark's should be open onto the promenade.

Drozana is bizarre, I find it quite fascinating. I've never seen any ERP in local, but I have seen plenty of RPers, they usually end up getting griefed though.
---
Captain
# 29
01-24-2013, 08:08 AM
Doffjobs is my social zone..nice gals and guys with no inane zone chatter that makes me want to punch a Catian
Empire Veteran
# 30
01-24-2013, 08:14 AM
Bajor for RP and Romulus for exploration and quietness.
King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1#post13990891